Patches + Fur = ?

Started by Jack McSlay, November 11, 2008, 06:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jer-oh-me

I like to think of the patches sort of working like those Listerine tongue strips and simply dissolve into the user's skin when applied, as that seems to be what happens to them.

Jairus

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on November 15, 2008, 08:21:46 PM
I like to think of the patches sort of working like those Listerine tongue strips and simply dissolve into the user's skin when applied, as that seems to be what happens to them.
Or that model just hides itself by using the same shapeshifting/illusion magic that's altering the user. It'd make sense. Which just raises how to find it once it's hiding... I mean, it'd be in basically the same place, but still.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on November 15, 2008, 08:21:46 PM
"I managed to get it off..."
"You were supposed to take it off hours ago!"
And then in this one, I think that's the patch on Lorenda's nose

But these are the general "beta-patches". The custom ones work differently...
Bandanna-Patch
Bracer-Patch

GabrielsThoughts

OMG! I just realized patch could also mean as in a game patch, as  when something is hex edited or manipulated to make something better. This could  imply that Furrae exists as some kind of digital world parallel to our own controlled by a god of some kind... wait. 
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on November 15, 2008, 11:15:51 PMOMG! I just realized patch could also mean as in a game patch, as  when something is hex edited or manipulated to make something better. This could  imply that Furrae exists as some kind of digital world parallel to our own controlled by a god of some kind... wait.

I always assumed that that was the joke.  Since Furcadia allowed for use of patches, which would work in a very similar manner to what Jyrras was doing, I assumed that this was a carry over concept.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Nikki

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 15, 2008, 08:35:40 PM
And then in this one, I think that's the patch on Lorenda's nose

Nope, that's her nose-stripe =3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

GabrielsThoughts

OMG! it's so obvious.  STATIC! the paper patches are held to fur via static electricity. And, it's the most obvious solution.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Ghostwish

SO close to threadomancy. SO close.

superluser

Quote from: Ghostwish on November 30, 2008, 12:39:07 AMSO close to threadomancy. SO close.

I do believe threadomancy would be thread magic.  Or rubbing away magic, judging from the etymology.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ghostwish on November 30, 2008, 12:39:07 AM

So close to breaching rule 10. If only you'd said "threadcromancy"... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ghostwish

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 30, 2008, 06:07:49 AM
Quote from: Ghostwish on November 30, 2008, 12:39:07 AM

So close to breaching rule 10. If only you'd said "threadcromancy"... ;-]

"I'm dancing on a line tonight, oh yessssss.."

Now if only I had the suit to match. Le sigh.

e_voyager

now now. even fools learn not to tease fate lest it smack them hard. either way it's off to finale crisis for me.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey