10/10/08 [Abel 2 #32] - All alone.

Started by AndersW, October 09, 2008, 10:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Kipiru on October 10, 2008, 12:50:17 PM
Enough with the hugs and toys, Abel needs some alone time, so give him some space!  :mowsad
Hey!  It took forever to sew that...I'm probably going to redo the wings later to some faux leather(keeping it machine washable), as the furry ones don't look all that much like Incybear wings.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Emerauld Drathmir on October 11, 2008, 02:57:58 AM
Quote from: Kipiru on October 10, 2008, 12:50:17 PM
Enough with the hugs and toys, Abel needs some alone time, so give him some space!  :mowsad
Hey!  It took forever to sew that...I'm probably going to redo the wings later to some faux leather(keeping it machine washable), as the furry ones don't look all that much like Incybear wings.

Uhm, what?

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tycoon on October 10, 2008, 08:21:21 PM
I'm willing to bet that the final panel is the home with what's probably an open door allowing moonlight in, and most likely it would be Kria coming back for her medallion.

Ooo, nice call. Hadn't thought of that. We certainly can't write May out of the picture yet. I'd rather hope that Abel was reunited with his mother, or at least got some kind of closure.

Of course, I would prefer that closure would involve the extremely violent slaughter of Aniz, but maybe that's just me.

WhiteFox

"Abel's Story up...Feel kind of bad this most recent update is not exactly the most stellar or complex this time around." -Ambers rant.

If there is action in the story, it must be shown.
If there is conversation in the story, it must be shown.
And if there is stillness in the story, that too must be shown. It's all important to the pacing. besides, Abel's Story is a much different sort of comic then DMFA in many ways, especially the "cinematography". I like it.

I don't want to see Abel get hugs. I'm waiting for him to get angry. Given how he behaves in DMFA, I doubt he's getting many hugs any time soon.

As morbid as this is... I'm going to bet that the next time Abel meets his mother, she's died of old age.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

silentassassin

Abel's Story isn't about warm milk and cookies it's about telling the tragic tale of Able. If you want hugs, laughter, and affection not exactly best place to look.

Dagardo

Yeah I know that, I'm just saying after all the shit he's been though it at least needs to be cut down some, and he does need some serious time alone.

mopman

Quote from: Fox NaBan on October 11, 2008, 07:29:08 PM
"Abel's Story up...Feel kind of bad this most recent update is not exactly the most stellar or complex this time around." -Ambers rant.

And if there is stillness in the story, that too must be shown. It's all important to the pacing. besides, Abel's Story is a much different sort of comic then DMFA in many ways, especially the "cinematography". I like it.

I don't want to see Abel get hugs. I'm waiting for him to get angry. Given how he behaves in DMFA, I doubt he's getting many hugs any time soon.

As morbid as this is... I'm going to bet that the next time Abel meets his mother, she's died of old age.

He already got a hug from Jyrras remember? as for him getting more I am guessing Jy is quite willing  :mowwink
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Ghostwish

Quote from: mopman on October 12, 2008, 04:45:38 PM

He already got a hug from Jyrras remember? as for him getting more I am guessing Jy is quite willing  :mowwink

A pity Abel isn't willing, eh?  :mowsad

Naldru

It's a possibility.  We'll see if Aniz shows up to place flowers on the grave.  If so, it could be an interesting meeting between Aniz and Abel.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.