09/04/08 [Abel 2 #29] - Home, or Not?

Started by Rafe, September 04, 2008, 09:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ewps.

Sorry about that; my mind is a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Or, as listed elsewhere: Twisty a of in maze are you, passages little.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

Anybody out there play the Mines game on Windows or Linux?  It takes a lot of convoluted logic and effort to reach the end, usually blows up in your face, and you don't really get anything when you win.  Reminds me of the debates about what Amber is going to do with the plot.  But it's fun.

Anybody else want to write the International Olympics Committee and suggest that leaping to conclusions be made an olympic event?

Llearch may indeed have a mind that is a maze of twisty little passages.  The problem with predicting the plot is that that description also applies to Amber.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tsunari

Well if Aniz's goal is to motivate Abel to learn by trauma and threats.  The only way that would work is if Abel became vengence obsessed with getting back at Aniz.   So I wonder what Aniz is thinking if that's what he wants. 

Dagardo

Quote from: Tsunari on September 06, 2008, 07:56:21 PM
Well if Aniz's goal is to motivate Abel to learn by trauma and threats.  The only way that would work is if Abel became vengence obsessed with getting back at Aniz.   So I wonder what Aniz is thinking if that's what he wants. 

Abel (to me) dosent seem to be the type to be obsessed with vengeance, or respond to threats at all, unless in some semi-rare instances (maybe?). Although he does seem to get pissed easily. See here. http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_811.php

Corgatha Taldorthar

Just something I'd like to point out. Not saying I support the Ed=Aniz, but there is this.

Wonder why someone might assume Abel would have a soft spot for Ed Ti'Fiona's son
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Aurawyn

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 07, 2008, 09:27:36 PM
Just something I'd like to point out. Not saying I support the Ed=Aniz, but there is this.

Wonder why someone might assume Abel would have a soft spot for Ed Ti'Fiona's son

There are some who think that is because Edward Killed Aniz, and Abel is grateful.

!KCA

I'd simply like to point out that, technically, what we've seen so far is perfectly consistent with Dan being Aniz and Abel's clan founder.

Thank you and good night.

DarkAudit

Quote from: !KCA on September 08, 2008, 10:00:30 PM
I'd simply like to point out that, technically, what we've seen so far is perfectly consistent with Dan being Aniz and Abel's clan founder.

What? Dan isn't due to enter the picture for another 350 years.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Dagardo

Quote from: DarkAudit on September 08, 2008, 10:24:53 PM
Quote from: !KCA on September 08, 2008, 10:00:30 PM

What? Dan isn't due to enter the picture for another 350 years.

Think what !KCA is saying is the chances of Aniz being Edward are about as high as Dan being the founder of Abel and Aniz's clan. Damn, please disregard that double post. I messed up. :<

P.S. I want to  :hug all Warp-aci.    :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Dagardo

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 03:25:41 AM
llearch you're funny, :giggle thanks though.  :mowsmile

As we used to say, "Funny ha-ha, or funny peculiar?" ;-]

Dagardo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 09, 2008, 03:33:43 AM

At the moment, "Funny ha-ha". And while I'm thinking about it, do you have any clue if people can forget how to cry?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I thought Argentina had been asked to do that. I don't know if they were successful, though...

Dagardo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 09, 2008, 04:00:50 AM
I thought Argentina had been asked to do that. I don't know if they were successful, though...

Don't know if I should be asking but I'm going to sate my curiosity, do what? Feel free to do whatever to me if I wasn't supposed to ask (preferably within rational measure).  :B

Jairus

Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 03:36:05 AMAnd while I'm thinking about it, do you have any clue if people can forget how to cry?
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 09, 2008, 04:00:50 AMI thought Argentina had been asked to do that. I don't know if they were successful, though...
Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 04:14:07 AMDon't know if I should be asking but I'm going to sate my curiosity, do what? Feel free to do whatever to me if I wasn't supposed to ask (preferably within rational measure).  :B

Does this help answer your question?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Dagardo

Quote from: Jairus on September 09, 2008, 04:16:29 AM
Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 03:36:05 AMAnd while I'm thinking about it, do you have any clue if people can forget how to cry?
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 09, 2008, 04:00:50 AMI thought Argentina had been asked to do that. I don't know if they were successful, though...
Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 04:14:07 AMDon't know if I should be asking but I'm going to sate my curiosity, do what? Feel free to do whatever to me if I wasn't supposed to ask (preferably within rational measure).  :B

Nope, sorry still clueless.  :)

Jairus

Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 04:17:47 AM
Quote from: Jairus on September 09, 2008, 04:16:29 AM

Nope, sorry still clueless.  :)

I am about 95% certain that you are currently making fun of me. In case you are not, however, you asked if people could forget how to cry, and Boxy answered that Argentina had been asked to do so. It is a reference to the musical Evita and in song "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" sung by the titular character at the end of the show.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Dagardo

I promise I'm not making fun of you, up 'till now I've never heard of the musical you speak of. I don't think I've ever really heard a musical, and If I have I wasn't paying attention to it and forgot it. I don't really listen to music that isn't heavy.  :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, so you listen to music that has solid performance? Or just immobile?

;-]

Dagardo

Both I guess, I'm just not a big fan of anything that isn't related to the metal genre, or rock.  :3

DarkAudit

Bit of both, actually.  :mwaha

Dagardo

Quote from: DarkAudit on September 09, 2008, 12:07:54 PM

Bit of both, actually.  :mwaha

Both may be an drastic understatement for all we know.  :3

Goatmon

ahahahahah

It just dawned on me that Abel has a  B^U face in last week's AS. 

DarkAudit

Quote from: Goatmon on September 14, 2008, 08:00:28 AM
ahahahahah

Grrr...

Do not go there. The Buckley is a Bad Person. One who should be shunned. Associating anything Amber does with B^U should be considered a grave insult to Amber.

Ghostwish

Oooo, I like that Ed killed Aniz theory. I've always pondered what the mad doc was going on about with Abel in 527. Edward certainly didn't fear cubi, and if he was anywhere as good or even better than Dan, my money is that Edward could beat the idiot out of Aniz..

.. Okay, so maybe no one could thrash him THAT hard, but Ed certainly could kill him twice over.  :mowhappy

Aurawyn

ahahahahah

A what face?

Dagardo

Quote from: Aurawyn on September 14, 2008, 11:57:07 AM
ahahahahah

A what face?

I wondered the exact same thing.

Goatmon

Quote from: Aurawyn on September 14, 2008, 11:57:07 AM
ahahahahah

A what face?

If you turn "B^U"  90 degrees clockwise, you've got the same expression Abel is making in the bottom left panel here.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_030.php

The reason I find this so funny, is because that smiley was pretty much coined entirely to make fun of Ctrl-Alt-Delete, who's creator is renowned by his lazy art because he copy and pastes the same B^U expressions on all of his characters over and over again. 

Don't get the wrong idea, Amber's art is great and I've never thoguht it to be repetative.  The way she uses it here makes total sense, seeing as Abel is supposed to be completely devoid of emotions in that scene.  It's just funny how she appropriately uses an expression that's normally used to make fun of someone else's hollow artstyle.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Goatmon on September 14, 2008, 07:21:13 PM
It's just funny how she appropriately uses an expression that's normally used to make fun of someone else's hollow soul.

FTFY.

I'll hold my comments re:Buckley to Bad Person, lest I bring down the wrath of the mods.