04/09/08 [Hybrids #10] - Kissing is hard, too, I imagine. :B

Started by Eibborn, September 03, 2008, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucheek

This Insectis looks really cute.

I don't know why...but I want to hug it.

DarkAudit

The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Alondro

*Charline breaks out an industrial-sized can of Raid*  Big bugs are bad. :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 04, 2008, 12:27:47 AM
Yeah...the thing to remember about Insectis is they live underground and do a lot of digging. So for their language, they need to "feel" it, and those antenna are good enough to be able to pick out the difference between one of them giving a warning amongst the sound of digging and grinding.
Aha! So the do hear and have a tremorsense with their antennae! Maybe not as sensitive as I've been making it out to be, but still! That's one thing I won't have to cross off!

I'm having much fun with buggy information :3

Rakala

Quote from: Kipiru on September 04, 2008, 01:41:12 AM
Was that a male or female insectis. How do you tell anyways- by the size of the antenae?

I would assume, like the rest of most things in the comic, are similar to real life insects. How insects work, at least colony based insects, is all are female until they are running low on numbers when  a male comes along, breeds with the queen, and then instantly die. So if Insectis work the same way as most colony based insects.... then I would hate to be one.

Vexx

Okay... I've read Amber's string of hilarity since the old "blacknwhite" days... .but I had to register today just to say how hilarious I found today's Hybrids #10 issue.  Its been a meh last.two.weeks and anything that makes me laugh is win.

Plus my fondness for linguistics and insectivore sci-fi races and watching Fluffy cringe.....

Jairus

Quote from: Vexx on September 04, 2008, 12:49:43 PM
Okay... I've read Amber's string of hilarity since the old "blacknwhite" days... .but I had to register today just to say how hilarious I found today's Hybrids #10 issue.  Its been a meh last.two.weeks and anything that makes me laugh is win.

Plus my fondness for linguistics and insectivore sci-fi races and watching Fluffy cringe.....
Well, to be fair, the last few week haven't had much in the humor category, what with Hannah's death and Dan and Anna getting their butts kicked and Abel having to deal with his emotional problems... it just hasn't been a pretty month overall.

Incidentally, welcome aboard Vexx! I hope you stick around, we're a lot of fun, really we are! Just don't forget to check your grammar, follow the rules, listen to the moderators, don't cross the Box, and remember that anyone who gives you advice is out to get you!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Mao

Quote from: Lucheek on September 04, 2008, 07:41:00 AM
This Insectis looks really cute.

I don't know why...but I want to hug it.

I second the cuteness.. but I wouldn't hug it if I were you.  Given their xenophobia I don't think it would appreciate it.

Ryudo Lee

The way that the native language is written looks like my father's signature.  :B

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Rakala

And as usual my post goes on without notice from anybody else. D: I'm so unloved.

Jairus

Quote from: Rakala on September 04, 2008, 03:15:38 PM
And as usual my post goes on without notice from anybody else. D: I'm so unloved.
Your post made so much sense that we didn't need to comment any further on it. I have to wonder though what kind of social structure they have...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Amber Williams

Sorry Rakala. I just didnt feel like giving your post an answer.

EDIT:  Someone asked me if the Mer also had a unique language...I forget if it was via PM or in the thread.  But anyways, the answer is yes they do.  In speech bubble form it would likely look like this:

Deduce from that what you may. :U

Kaerou

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 04, 2008, 03:43:31 PM

Sounds deliciously squishy. >.>

I wonder if there is a font I can post in that sounds like an insectis :D

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

DarkAudit

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 04, 2008, 03:43:31 PM
Sorry Rakala. I just didnt feel like giving your post an answer.

EDIT:  Someone asked me if the Mer also had a unique language...I forget if it was via PM or in the thread.  But anyways, the answer is yes they do.  In speech bubble form it would likely look like this:

Glub.  :3
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Don

Insectis: Definatly one of my favorite races now.

That is all.

Vexx

Quote from: Jairus on September 04, 2008, 12:52:21 PM

Well, to be fair, the last few week haven't had much in the humor category, what with Hannah's death and Dan and Anna getting their butts kicked and Abel having to deal with his emotional problems... it just hasn't been a pretty month overall.

Incidentally, welcome aboard Vexx! I hope you stick around, we're a lot of fun, really we are! Just don't forget to check your grammar, follow the rules, listen to the moderators, don't cross the Box, and remember that anyone who gives you advice is out to get you!

Argh.... and of course, my first post was just ambiguous enough to be misunderstood :)

What I meant was that MY REAL LIFE last two weeks have been meh and I was happy that the comic made me laugh.  I've loved the last few weeks (though I was grieved to see Hannah go -- how often do you get to see an undead cute bunny girl as a character?  And she had all the sharp dry wit lines?).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Vexx on September 06, 2008, 06:39:26 AM
Argh.... and of course, my first post was just ambiguous enough to be misunderstood :)

Only by Jairus. ;-]

Quote from: Vexx on September 06, 2008, 06:39:26 AM
What I meant was that MY REAL LIFE last two weeks have been meh and I was happy that the comic made me laugh.  I've loved the last few weeks (though I was grieved to see Hannah go -- how often do you get to see an undead cute bunny girl as a character?  And she had all the sharp dry wit lines?).

Indeed. Wit FTW.

Cute is expected, with Amber; heck, she made Drip cute, she can make anything cute. ;-] But undead bunny girl? That's just rocking, man.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Insectivore? Who's eating insectis?
Sorry, just being nit-picky. :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

Snipped bits out of actual conversation:

Stygian: Well, it looks like it's the Mythos who can screw around to the most result. Then again, as mentioned, likely it's specific to Mythos race...

Keaton: Amber said that Mythos are pretty much in every list because they're a mixed bag, and are made up of many subspecies. Mythos who can reproduce with Insectis are likely not going to be able to reproduce with any others, for example.

Boogeyman: Well, that's no fun. Let's fix that. A breed of Mythos that's survived because it can [boink!] anything and have the kids be its kind.

Stygian and Llearch, both at the precise same time: They're called Cubi.

LionHeart

Quote from: AmigaDragon on September 06, 2008, 07:04:33 PM
Insectivore? Who's eating insectis?
Sorry, just being nit-picky. :mowwink
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 06, 2008, 07:08:24 PM
... would you prefer "insecticide alien races" ? ;-]
I think "insectoid" might the word Vexx meant to use.

Vexx, one other thing to keep in mind: everyone here is insane. That includes you. Just though I'd mention that.

*gives a Cheshire Cat grin, then fades from view*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity