09/03/08 [DMFA #934] - Moral of the story.

Started by AndersW, September 03, 2008, 12:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 05, 2008, 04:18:40 PM
Tough call.  I imagine there are a fair few 'Cubi who assume the identity of an adventurer, like Aniz did - if only on a temporary basis.  Indeed, I'd be surprised if they don't have an Adventuring department to help facilitate that, and then of course you have the 'Adventurers-Turned-Cubi' Abel alludes to around strip 600.  How many of those become a sort of 'super adventurer' when they leave the Academy?
Put short, I can imagine Fa'Lina not having much of a problem with Adventurers, so long as they don't target 'Cubi.

As an aside, Amber usually seems to refer to Fi as 'it'.

Hm, true. Actually, an Adventuring department in SAIA would be extremely fascinating, but I don't know how popular it would be. As for Fa'Lina's supposed dislike of Adventurers, I was going off of Aaryanna's LiveJournal for citations.

I'd actually think it would be a fantastic character idea to see a Cubi who exclusively hunted Adventurers, sort of like Aurra Sing from the Star Wars comics. If nobody takes that idea, then I will.

As for the subject of Fi's gender, darn! I forgot about that. :c

Zedd

Aurawyn

Didn't Ink mention an adventure-Slaying Department?

Yup.. Here... Adventure-Slaying Department

Ps...

Keaton.. I love your sig, and would Kill for one.. Haha

Dagardo

Seems like the moral of the story is don't expect any adventures to be all fun and games, because on said adventures there is always something that want's to kill you, whether its apparent or not. And the moral of #934 seems to be to not expect Fi to not say something sarcastic if Fi was being sarcastic, kinda hard to tell when its written, but judging by Dan's expression it seems to be the case.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Lowde on September 03, 2008, 01:35:05 PM
Quote from: Dracora on September 03, 2008, 11:36:28 AM
Can warp-aci really understand death? Can they die? Or do they just go back from whence they came. I mean sure, I suppose he can be eaten by Pip, but I doubt they can die of natural causes... It might explain a bit of the bloodthirstiness anyway.

They must be able to die if Fa'Lina though Dan had killed Fi when she lost contact with him

As far as the summoner is concerned, returning to their home dimension when physically destroyed in the summoned dimension can be considered the same as dieing.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tsunari

Quote from: Alondro on September 03, 2008, 06:23:05 AM
*Charline scratches her head*  But I thought it was ok to kill people for the fun of it too.   :confused
[/quote

yep you just need to be a creature and the other person a being.