07/30/08 [DMFA #927] - Over my head

Started by Tapewolf, July 30, 2008, 06:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrycloth

He loses a level each time, and gets vanquished before he can earn enough XP to regain it?

VSMIT

Quote from: Omega on July 30, 2008, 03:37:49 PM
I know this isn't the first time someone mentions this, but how can a guy this competent die over and over again?
Actually, how can a villain be this competent? 

And even the most competent man is eventually defeated by an incompetent man.

Brunhidden

in the comic nodwick it was pointed out that evil villains often have remarkable organisational skills but always have a few fatal flaws- for instance the priests of an ichor god would be given the power to befoul liquids they touch in a plan to taint the water supply of the kingdom, forgetting that their main source of income was sale of wine at the temple
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

shadowterm

The page name at the top of the window for FF and IE is pretty funny, "Cat, I'm a kitty cat, and I dance dance dance, dance dance dance." Reminds me of AMV hell 4 It has hello kitty dancing to the song. sorry for the word in there, but it's the title.

And yes Dan, screaming before stabbing someone is not the best game plan.
/)//w//(\

Ellian

Uh oh. That doesn't look good for Anna. Or rather, sound. "Crunch" is such a nasty noise...
I still wonder how Dan made it out of that mess alive, really. If this weren't a flashback, I had to fear for his life.
Maybe, just as a wild guess, he'll just make it because Cubi are harder to kill than Beings, and Dark Pegasus doesn't know more than Dan himself in this regard?

As far as announcing an attack goes... I've heard that the Green Mamba is known as the deadliest snake alive. Not necessarily by strength of its poison, or its aggressiveness, but because it's said to be the only snake that doesn't hiss before an attack. Obviously, there must be something to learn from this.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ellian on July 30, 2008, 04:47:48 PM
Maybe, just as a wild guess, he'll just make it because Cubi are harder to kill than Beings, and Dark Pegasus doesn't know more than Dan himself in this regard?
Well, Hannah assumed that Dan was part-Angel.  I'd imagine DP taking the same thing under consideration.
He certainly knows more about 'Cubi than Dan does, judging from the 388 flashback, he's well aware of Dee and her reputation.  It'll be interesting to see whether that was a memory of this mission, or the second attack against Peg.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Don

Quote from: shadowterm on July 30, 2008, 04:47:07 PM
The page name at the top of the window for FF and IE is pretty funny, "Cat, I'm a kitty cat, and I dance dance dance, dance dance dance."

Heh i didn't notice that. I've known that lil song for a long time, brings back some nice memories..

rt

Hmm so pointy stabby didn't cut it .. time for the next plan. What are we up to now 'plan q' ?

silentassassin

Quote from: rt on July 30, 2008, 05:41:56 PM
Hmm so pointy stabby didn't cut it .. time for the next plan. What are we up to now 'plan q' ?
actually i recrunched the numbers and it's plan r

Amber Williams

Sadly enough, the book idea wouldnt have panned out since it is actually a history book and not a spellbook.

Though the library replacement fee would have likely made DP a bit agitated. :B

------------------------
As for adventuring newbies, most either join a guild once they graduate and are given adventures assigned by them, or they pair up and work in a duo for a particular area based on their skill levels.  Either way, its usually recommended a new adventurer spend at least three years of one before attempting to solo or freelance.
-----------------------

As for the news on Friday, I can assure you it isnt health related.  This is actually something I had planned on doing for about a month now but I wanted to wait till a new month rolled around.

Don

oog..Library replacement fee's are ridiculous sometimes, they definitely give you motivation to return books thats for sure..

Heh..In anything involving adventuring I never look for party members or a guild..which is why I'd be listed on the "most likely to die on first adventure" List..

And Friday..the suspense is going to kill me seeing as how from now till Friday i have nothing to help pass the hours..ah well, the slow painfull passing of time will just make Fridays news all the better.

Brunhidden

pity we aren't dealing with the SAIA librarian, that would have been an insta-kill as spiked tentacles of forced intrusion instantly know of a damaged book and whose library card is involved
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 30, 2008, 06:16:04 PM
Sadly enough, the book idea wouldnt have panned out since it is actually a history book and not a spellbook.

What, it makes a difference which book you use to batter DP over the back of the head with?

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 30, 2008, 06:37:44 PM
pity we aren't dealing with the SAIA librarian, that would have been an insta-kill as spiked tentacles of forced intrusion instantly know of a damaged book and whose library card is involved

Wait, what?

Remind me never to offend Vaarsuvius in the morning. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Slowtini

...Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion?

-stares at you kinda funny like-

How exactly did you come across this knowledge?

Jairus

Quote from: Slowtini on July 30, 2008, 07:11:30 PM

Observe. The Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Gamma

Anna may not be in as bad a shape as it sounds, well maybe. If she really is more like a plant then normal flesh and blood it may not be that bad.
I do have a feeling she's at least out cold though. :mowdizzy
You can bruise a vegetable, flower, or fruit and it's still relatively healthy, but then again your garden variety daisy ain't eight foot tall with a brain.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Paul

Quote from: Omega on July 30, 2008, 03:37:49 PMI know this isn't the first time someone mentions this, but how can a guy this competent die over and over again?
Maybe he likes it.

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Jairus on July 30, 2008, 07:28:06 PM
Quote from: Slowtini on July 30, 2008, 07:11:30 PM

Observe. The Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion.

Afternoon, at the earliest! Yeah, I'm never borrowing a book from SAIA's library now, I'm just too worried about the consequences of late and or damage fees.

AndersW

That reminds me, Dan borrowed a book from the SAIA library.  When is it due back. :mowwink

Alondro

Dan has a hit power of -10 and just rolled a 1.

DP will prolly just suffer a fatal heart attack!   :giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

DarkAudit

Quote from: silentassassin on July 30, 2008, 05:53:13 PM

You keep my precious bodily fluids out of this!
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Naldru

Amber said that the change would affect the site for the rest of the month.  That implies that whatever change occurs, possibly a reduction in frequency, would only apply to August.  So I'm not going to worry about it too much.  The fact that she is typing coherently indicates that she is feeling somewhat better, and that is definitely something to cheer about.

Perhaps Dan has the strength of ten because his heart is pure.  Which would be a great aid, since I sometimes think his head is empty.  Fortunately, he seems to have the luck of the Irish, Scots, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Greek, Belgian, German, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, and Portuguese combined.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

silentassassin

Quote from: DarkAudit on July 30, 2008, 10:44:24 PM
Quote from: silentassassin on July 30, 2008, 05:53:13 PM

You keep my precious bodily fluids out of this!
umm okay plan t

Madmann135

The words "Tentacles of Forced Intrusion" bring me many horrorable thoughts.

We all know Dan has the luck of the Irish, a racing horse (4 horseshoes) and about 24 four leaf clovers rolled into one.  Maybe DP got hit by a passing by metorite.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

!KCA

"Now that I've killed your friend to pointlessly fuel a personal vendetta, I'm letting you all go! I trust you will leave as though nothing happened and not try to take revenge or something. Incidentally, I'm going to turn my back to you now."

This is competence? This is genre savvy? I'm not buying it.

Alondro

DP isn't exactly saavy.  He's just an arrogant prick.  The fact that Dan managed to beat him several times is more than enough proof.  I repeat, Fa'lina beat Dan with a picture frame.  Dan beat DP.  How bad can DP really be?   Bah, I'll bet his so-called 'magic' is naught but smoke and mirrors!  At least Hanna's just smoke.  And ashes.  :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Alterationartist

Everyone should learn the most basic skill of the Ninja job class:

"Throw"

Honestly, perfect how to inflict major damge by throwing anything potentially deadly, and you never have to see battle up close.
Round 9!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alterationartist on July 31, 2008, 02:37:27 PM
Honestly, perfect how to inflict major damge by throwing anything potentially deadly, and you never have to see battle up close.

It doesn't need to be deadly. A chair can be as lethal as anything else, and is hell to catch.

Tables, chairs, plates, forks, spoons, books, candles, and, at a pinch, people. All make acceptable projectiles...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Janus Whitefurr

And this is why Bullseye makes such a great comic book villain. Throw ANYTHING and people die.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Zedd

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on July 31, 2008, 03:17:37 PM

And this is why Bullseye makes such a great comic book villain. Throw ANYTHING and people die.
The Bullseye from the Daredevil movie made me cry...