Question why is this site linked to one of the best furry comics out there?

Started by Nekoboy, July 24, 2008, 12:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

Ha ha. Oh man...

One day I might actually get around to updating Mabs Land again...one day. :U

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 30, 2008, 07:45:18 AM
Ha ha. Oh man...

Don't push yourself too hard, Amber: you've already got so much on your plate. We wouldn't want you to make yourself sick and have a psychotic episode from the stress, would we?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Nekoboy

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 30, 2008, 07:45:18 AM
Ha ha. Oh man...

OMG its you!!!!! *screams like a fan boy* "its soooo nice to acutly hear from you.....will it ever be updated i really liked it..."

Nekoboy

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 28, 2008, 07:35:17 AM
... You _did_ read the rules, right, Nekoboy?

You know, the page full of stuff that was shown to you when you signed up for an account, the same page that's available at the top of EVERY form page, explaining what you should and should not do on the forum?

Right?

Ermm.....if you meen by "read the rules" imagen a cookie....then yes.....yes i did....^^

VSMIT

llearch n'n'daCorna

*cough* Er... Thank you, VSMIT. Might I direct your attention to Rule X? *nudge nudge*

Quote from: Nekoboy on July 30, 2008, 07:13:57 PM
Ermm.....if you meen by "read the rules" imagen a cookie....then yes.....yes i did....^^

I really cannot suggest strongly enough that you go and read them. Now.

After all, how will you know what we'll ban you for, if you don't read the handy list we provided?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Nekoboy

i just got doen reading them and i tricple posted because i was off for awhiel and the pages quickly grew into 3....so im tyring my best here

Faerie Alex

If it helps, there is the "Insert Quote" button for all the posts displayed below when you're typing a reply. It helps if you want to quote multiple posts. Also, the spell check button next to the "Preview" and "Post" button. If your browser doesn't have a built-in spell check, that works too. What browser are you using, anyways?
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Amber Williams

I likely will update Mab's Land again at some point. No sense paying a hosting fee for a dead site. But it likely wont happen for a while since I have been pretty focused on other things and Mabs Land has been the backburner of them all.

Odds are when I do update though, I will be making site changes. Cutting some things back, pushing some things forward. Re-organizing.  I may even consider a site overhaul.

Right now though my main focus for Mab's Land is revising the whos who pages like I started off doing.  Once I get those done, I will likely begin considering updating with stuff again.

Nekoboy

Quote from: modelincard on July 30, 2008, 09:08:47 PM
If it helps, there is the "Insert Quote" button for all the posts displayed below when you're typing a reply. It helps if you want to quote multiple posts. Also, the spell check button next to the "Preview" and "Post" button. If your browser doesn't have a built-in spell check, that works too. What browser are you using, anyways?

NOt really sure im not into hbrowers and such....anyway i now see the spell check and ill use it...if im not to lazy....allso with the bg on the spell check i cant read it or use it sady :(

on anoter note......i would liek to say soemthign abotu the comic itsslef....i hope you read this......[i forget the names but] when that cow that ate furrys moved in with that gay muse thign...i didnt knwo eh was gay at the tiem they loeokd like a perfect couple.....hes smart and she will eat anyoen that bothers him heh^^ anyway i love the comic....

=D

llearch n'n'daCorna

You mean when Jyrras offered Lorenda a place to live?

Yes, I believe it was supposed to look like that. I'm not sure that Jyrras had any idea that he was gay - although I suspect Lorenda might have had an idea or two...

Faerie Alex

Good gosh man, we need to get you a spell checker somehow.

Anyway, as far as which browser you're using...if you use Windows, click on the start menu. At the top, you should see something that says "Internet." Below that, it'll say what your browser is (probably Internet Explorer, you'll recognize it if there's a letter "e" next to the text). If you're on a Mac, mouse over the icon in your dock, and you should see what the browser's name is.

As far as the built-in forum spell check, I didn't know that about it. I use a different color scheme when I'm logged in than the forum default, so I guess that's not a problem for me. :/
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 31, 2008, 09:28:26 PM
Yes, I believe it was supposed to look like that. I'm not sure that Jyrras had any idea that he was gay - although I suspect Lorenda might have had an idea or two...

I'm inclined to imagine that at a certain level Jyrras was either in denial or hadn't really given any thought to the matter. However, he seemed to have at least accepted that he had a crush on Dan, and was trying to convince himself to get over it at the time he met Abel. Somehow I doubt Lorenda had any idea until she'd been living with him a while, and maybe only really started to get confirmations of a sort for her suspicions when Jyrras' sisters talked to her about his lack of interest in dating and his friendship with Dan. Incidentally, Jyrras' sisters and Lorenda only met twice: at the visit and when they came to say that Moira was pregnant again. When did they talk to Lorenda? It really changes things if she'd "known" for a couple of weeks. I guess Jyrras just had to have someone (i.e. Abel) force him to confront his feelings for Dan, which in turn lead to him really thinking it out and accepting that he was gay. Given that only a few weeks have passed in-comic since he first met Abel, though, I'm not really certain. Maybe Amber has a better answer. Amber?

Nekoboy

[cut since it was to long]

" for a couple of weeks. I guess Jyrras just had to have someone (i.e. Abel) force him to confront his feelings for Dan, which in turn lead to him really thinking it out and accepting that he was gay. Given that only a few weeks have passed in-comic since he first met Abel, though, I'm not really certain. Maybe Amber has a better answer. Amber?
[/quote]

well when his sisters talked about him i kinda was slowly figuering it out....but i swer to god if he was stright they would have made a cute couple

Edit:
allso on anoter ntoe i think this page was kinda funny...he thought he got laid lol http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_093.php

Edit 2:
one last thing....whatever happend to that thing? http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_376.php

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nekoboy, there is an Edit button.

Use it, or you will be forced to take a short holiday. Do not push on this one; if I have to, I can make all your posts vanish into the ether.

[insert name]

My dictionary is crying in the corner right now.
How could you do this to him?
You... you MONSTER! >:O
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Nekoboy

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 01, 2008, 06:51:09 AM

Use it, or you will be forced to take a short holiday. Do not push on this one; if I have to, I can make all your posts vanish into the ether.

Please dont threant me....im kinda sick of people doing that over a mistake...

Suwako

Post deleted: I am not forum police and should behave like a good boy even when someone just gets too annoying for words.

delete this.

Turnsky

Quote from: Nekoboy on August 02, 2008, 04:24:41 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 01, 2008, 06:51:09 AM

i'd say he was more "appraising you of the rules and considerations of the forum" rather than directly threaten you. Llearch is a Forum mod, after all, it's his job to enforce the rules.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Nekoboy on August 02, 2008, 04:24:41 AM

I'm not threatening. I'm warning. The rules are there, and clear (and if they're not clear, it'd be useful if someone would explain in what way they aren't; we've done the best we can to make them clear) and are followed by everyone on the forum; as are the results of not following the rules.

Feel free to ignore my warning. It won't make you unique, and I'm pretty sure I'll live with the consequences.

Nekoboy

Feel free to ignore my warning. It won't make you unique, and I'm pretty sure I'll live with the consequences.
[/quote]

k...

Joe3210

"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

[insert name]

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 03, 2008, 01:22:22 PM
Those aren't deliberately listed in the rules, D.

You know that.

Really?

So, theoretically, I could make an attack-like statement as a general statement, and get away with it? Or would that be a really gray area where I could still get in trouble if you felt I had crossed a line? Or just felt like punishing me?

Darkmoon

Well, when in doubt, remember we have Rule 6: Don't be an Idiot. It's our rubber-band rule -- one size fits all.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Nekoboy

Quote from: Jairus on August 03, 2008, 01:25:24 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 03, 2008, 01:22:22 PM
Those aren't deliberately listed in the rules, D.

You know that.

Really?

So, theoretically, I could make an attack-like statement as a general statement, and get away with it? Or would that be a really gray area where I could still get in trouble if you felt I had crossed a line? Or just felt like punishing me?

I think where you coudl in trouble it the black and white area.....now peopel stop thinking about the blackand whtie area and coem over to the gray area allready theres a lot of rooms..... *sighs* :(

Damaris

Okay.  Seriously.  You've had THREE moderators tell you to start typing right.  We understand some typos and other mistakes, and occasionally being incoherent, but you've used up your allotment.

I am deeming this your last incomprehensible post.  The next one will get you a ban.  The length of the ban will depend on which mod finds it first, and how cranky they are at that moment.

So, tips for success:
1) Spelling
2) Grammar
3) Punctuation
4) Proper Sentence Structure (yes, technically under grammar, but I'm pulling it out for special notice anyway.)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber