Poster Count Catagories

Started by Damaris, July 08, 2006, 11:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuzaf D

I want to be a Red Mage.
MAKE IT SO! :spidey

Wildy

Quote from: The Lurking Dragon on July 09, 2006, 11:41:04 PM
This sounds entertaining.... maybe a topic listing titles as they are discovered? Also, throw in when each level is achieved?

I started one of those here http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=500.0

I put it in the General Discussion section because its not specifically DMFA related and should be open to all the forum posters.

Darkmoon

Quote from: The Warlike on July 10, 2006, 01:44:37 AM
I want to be a Red Mage.

I would, but I don't know what's in it for me.

HealingBlight

I think the first catagory should be Mow.

Damaris

but Mows are so much nicer than slimes and proto-slimes.  If you don't like your catagory, you're more likely to post to get rid of it. ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Hilary

Hey... an 'Amazon' rank would be cool. For a medium-high number of post counts (*is unsure what that would be*).

Eibborn

Heh. Check out beneath your name, Darkmoon.
""
/kicks the internet over

Darkmoon

Hilary

Azlan

Quote from: Eibbor_N on July 11, 2006, 11:10:50 PM
Heh. Check out beneath your name, Darkmoon.
""

Wow, I'd expect someone to burst into flame with that combination...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

llearch n'n'daCorna

I note you've shuffled all the higher ranks that we've reached - Azlan has dropped one rank to Skull Knight, instead of being a Cyclops as he was...

That makes it much harder to figure out what the current settings are, tho :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

We only do it to make your lives interesting ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

bill

Isn't having three titles by your name WAY too much?

Damaris

One is custom, one is postcount, and the final is the moderation designation. 

And no, no it's not ;)

Darkmoon

Only 4 or five people have 3 titles. Most only have two. I could change the color of the post count categories if you want...

Damaris

Finding a color to coordinate with all the skins is... impossible.

llearch n'n'daCorna

In which case you look for one that makes it impossible to read?

Or settle for bold red, bold cyan, yellow, green, etc?

Damaris

The problem really is that it needs to be light enough to read on the dark colors, but dark enough to read on the light colors.

And not look like ick.

Xuzaf D

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 10, 2006, 11:00:38 AM
Quote from: The Warlike on July 10, 2006, 01:44:37 AM
I want to be a Red Mage.

I would, but I don't know what's in it for me.

Never mind, I'm already a Red Wizard no thanks to you.

::uses fire spells and sword skills on everything that moves::

Darkmoon

I can take that away you realize... >)

As for the colors, we could make them all #aaaaaa, a medium light grey.

Alondro

*Charles oozes all over people, leaving a disgusting trail of goo behind* Wheee!  Being slime is fun!  I get to spread disease!   :mowhappy
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

EvilIguana966

Are you the kind that splits into 2 slimes when attacked with fire?

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Fuzzy Fluffball" ? Someone is going to -pay-....

*giggle*

Damaris

That would be Amber ;)

I'm going to leave this open through Monday (7/17), so think hard and make any suggestions before than, and then we'll settle down with the categories we have.

Remember Wildy's thread in the General Discussion if you want to track the different poster levels that have been discovered.

Xuzaf D

Random title ideas:

Gilgamesh
Metriod
Dwarf
EdgeMaster
Wizard
Chimera
Manticore
Black Dragon
King of Iron Fist
Pilot
Giant Robot/Prime
Mechanic
Fish
Shark
Sheep
Judge
Pikmin

...I'm sure most of that is useless.

Damaris

Ha!  I love sheep.  If we do that one, it will either go in early, or go in late to be ironic. :)

:sheep

Aridas

well, look at it this way: a sheep can be one who's easily swayed/led, so one could assume having an absurdly high postcount (let's say, something nobody here could reach without a couple very busy years) means you're.. lacking a better word.. a "slave" to the forum, stuck by it at all times, and thus a sheep... Not sure though, I put 5 seconds of thought into that. *gives out grains of salt to take his words with*

skwerly

Damaris sez:
but Mows are so much nicer than slimes and proto-slimes.  If you don't like your catagory, you're more likely to post to get rid of it. ;)

How about Mow Food or Mow Bait?
Post or be swarmed! :mowmeep

vulpesweasel

i think something involving Über should be a title for really high posters. Or One-Winged Angel.