09/07/08 [DMFA #919] - Evil has never been so complicated

Started by Grenn, July 09, 2008, 04:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Now that would be interesting.  I personally prefer things of a slightly more chaotic nature but 'order' can occur within the dictates of chaos, or at least what seems like order.  :kefka

Alterationartist

Quote from: Grenn on July 09, 2008, 04:22:36 AM
Wonder if their pay is tax free, or if DP has to deal with some form of the IRS on top of all that

God forbid...

It's enough that we humes have to deal with our own form of IRS evil. Just imagine the kind of IRS evil itself has to deal with.

Wait. Did I just refer to us as "humes"? Christ, I have been playing FFT: A2 too freakin' much. Or not enough! I'll play some more to find out...

*dial tone*
Round 9!

Jairus

What is truly sad is that not only did I understand exactly what you were saying when you said "humes," but I didn't think twice about it. It felt perfectly natural. Dang it, I haven't played FFXII in two months!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Mao

SHHHH!  Speak not it's name!  If my mistress WoW hears of it, I shall be punished greatly!

thegayhare

wow humes makes me think of Orks from warhammer 40K

I've never played any of the Final fantasy games

Mao

Oooh, you're missing out.  I find them all be to excellently written stories and quite enjoyable in their game-play.  The only warning I can give is that if you aren't prepared to give up alot of your time, don't get into FF.  It will drain all time and life while you are engaged in them.  (Like a good book or interesting project really)

Jairus

Agreed: the only FF game I have is XII (Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II don't really count), and I've sunk like sixty or seventy hours into the thing. Of course, I'm a grind-tastic player, so someone else who's a little less anal could probably play the game in less time.

Slightly back on topic... I think that by the time Dan meets DP a third time, he qualifies for super-villain status. After all, this would make the third time he's been beaten by Dan, and he's trying a plan for at least the second - if not the third or more - time.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Brunhidden

12 was good- you had the ability to set your pals on 'auto maim', towns had more then three people and two buildings, and you didnt sit there wondering why a giant spider had 217 gold pieces on its body.

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jairus on July 10, 2008, 04:20:42 PMSlightly back on topic... I think that by the time Dan meets DP a third time, he qualifies for super-villain status. After all, this would make the third time he's been beaten by Dan, and he's trying a plan for at least the second - if not the third or more - time.
I was thinking since questioning super-villain status that being defeated by a beginner adventurer (just days out of school) would be quite the humbling or embarrassing experience for any villain, unless he is also straight out of villain school, which I strongly doubt.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

ChaoSynergy

o/` WHY DOES EVIL HAVE TO BE SO DOG-GONE COM-PLI-CA-TED?! o/`