Keaton's Commissions: I will draw things for money.

Started by Sunblink, June 14, 2008, 03:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

After giving the idea a great deal of thought and talking about it with my parents, I decided to open up commissions. I think it'll be excellent practice with drawing for a living, really, and learning to get things drawn on-time. However, to keep myself from being overwhelmed, I'm only going to take a few commission requests at a time: four, to be exact. When the list below is filled with names, I will not be accepting any new commission requests until the list is completely blank.

Note that if you don't want the picture to be posted on the public forums or DeviantArt, I won't show it. But if I do post it, I'll put up a watermarked version so that way it makes plagiarism harder.

Waiting List:
1: Tapewolf (sketching process; 5% complete)
2: Haz (planning process)
3: Paladin Sheppard, (2 pictures in the planning process)
4: Mowser (planning process)

What I Will Draw:
I will draw just about anything. Humans, furries, gift art, backgrounds... the only thing I will not draw are adult content such as explicitly sexual material. Sorry guys. I'm doing this with my parents' permission and I'm still underaged. I'm perfectly alright with tasteful nudity, on the other hand, but this might change if people abuse that option.

Adding extra content such as multiple characters or a background will increase the price minimally (see Pricing Information).

Pricing Information:
I'm trying to keep this fair. Here are some prices, but honestly, this is interchangeable depending on how detailed you want the picture to be and other tidbits.

Chibi (Colored or Black and White): $5.00 USD
Black and White (Sketch, Not Inked): $10.00 USD (SAMPLE: Click here)
Black and White (Inked): $14.00 USD (SAMPLE: Click here, although keep in mind that I'll give the eyes a bit more detail)
Colored (Black Lines, No Background): $18.00 USD (SAMPLE: Click here)
Colored (Colored Lines, No Background): $20.00 USD (SAMPLE: Click here)

Add $5.00 USD extra for each additional character. Add $10.00 USD for a detailed background, such as this picture. A simple background shown in this picture here is $5.00 USD.

However, as I mentioned, the price is dependent on extra details. There are certain nuances to the picture you want which might require specification, such as the pose you want. Make sure to spare no reference or description so I don't make any mistakes or exclude something important. Ask me any questions you'd like during communication (see Contact Information).

Originals are not available at this moment in time since I'm still learning how to do that. I can send a high-resolution version without the watermark if you please, though.

Other Notable Samples:
100 Themes #84: Out Cold; Uncolored Sketch with Two Characters, Detailed Background
100 Themes #76: Broken Pieces; Colored Comic, Black Lines
100 Themes #48: Childhood; Colored Picture, Black Lines, Simple Background
100 Themes #98: Puzzle; Colored Picture, Colored Lines, Detailed Background
100 Themes #68: Horror; Colored Picture, Black Lines, Detailed Background

Other Commissions:
Cogidubnus's Commission; Colored Picture, Colored Lines, Detailed Background

Contact Information:
E-Mail: zafarasrule@aol.com or Keaton_beatrix_jyraneth@hotmail.com . When contacting me through e-mail, please put "Commission" at the beginning of the subject title so I don't mistake it for spam or irrelevant mail.
AIM: NotaekRyphez
MSN Messenger: Keaton_beatrix_jyraneth@hotmail.com
Alternate Methods: On this thread, or through PM on the Clockwork Mansion Forums.

Payment Method:
Paypal at keaton_beatrix_jyraneth@hotmail.com .

I'd like to receive payment after I've completed the original sketch. Once I do that, you are free to look at the picture to make sure everything is in order, then give me permission to start the inking and coloring.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Amber Williams

One of these days an artist who wont have a problem drawing hawt gay bondage is gonna show up and ruin my fun.

Today is not that day!

BONDAGE PLZ! :>

Sunblink

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 14, 2008, 09:28:59 PM
One of these days an artist who wont have a problem drawing hawt gay bondage is gonna show up and ruin my fun.

Today is not that day!

BONDAGE PLZ! :>

O RLY? Now I HAVE to draw you hawt ghey bondage in order to ruin your fun.

THEN WHAT WILL YOU SAY, AMBER? >:C

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

The problem is, Amber, Keaton hasn't said she won't. Just that she won't draw _explicit_ hawt ghey bondage.

It's important to read these things carefully. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

It might be an idea to describe your payment terms in a bit more detail.
For instance, do you want full payment up-front, payment when the initial sketch is okayed by the customer, or is it a deposit upfront and the rest when the sketch is done?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 15, 2008, 07:04:43 AM
It might be an idea to describe your payment terms in a bit more detail.
For instance, do you want full payment up-front, payment when the initial sketch is okayed by the customer, or is it a deposit upfront and the rest when the sketch is done?

Probably the second option for me. I edited the first post so that way the information is included.

~Keaton the Black Jackal