Question!

Started by Aleolus, June 08, 2008, 01:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleolus

Umm, might it be possible for a Fae to become undead, or to assume an undead body?  Because I was just looking over this comic, and noticed a striking resemblance to Hannah in the current story-arc, and was wondering if there might be a connection between them.  Probably about as far off-base as you can get, but the thought still occurred to me.

Damaris

My gut would say they are not related, as the flashback takes place in the past, and that scene would be from the current timeline.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

AmigaDragon

The left side of the backdrop in the last panel? Might be similar coloring and species appearance, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. With even merely thousands of individuals, you can have similar looks between some.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Also, Amber draws what she likes drawing. We've already had vague similarities between Xander and someone at SAIA; no big deal, but despite looking almost identical, they were different people.

Go figure. *shrug*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Hanii Puppy

A fae could always take on the guise on an undead, it's well-within their power, but they'd still just be a fae in the guise on an undead.

But somehow, i doubt hannah's a fae.

Brunhidden

well it has been established you cant kill a fae unless they want to be killed- and once they die they kinda sublimate into nothingness leaving only their soul in a babeh.

thus i would think no- as theres no dead body in this scenerio
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

RobbieThe1st

Fae taking on an undead appearance?
I would think the answer would be "yes"... to some extent. If they can take any form, they can certainly make themselves look undead(Various realistic looking missing bits can't be *that* hard to make). They may not have all the abilities however, unless they can be mimicked using Fae powers.

Fae becoming undead? Definitely not. They don't die unless they want to, so they really can't become undead. Also, even if a Fae got bitten and then willed themselves to die, I don't think it would work, probably due to Fae magics not being compatible... But then again, why would any Fae *want* to become an undead?

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

DarkAudit

You're overreaching. By many hundreds of miles. End of story.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Anri

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on June 14, 2008, 02:15:50 AM
But then again, why would any Fae *want* to become an undead?

-RobbieThe1st

Why does a fae do anything? Boredom!

kaskar

8) A Fae could do it , just to say, "  Hey you, I did it first ...  "
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Turnsky

I would think the answer would be "yes"... to some extent. If they can take any form, they can certainly make themselves look undead(Various realistic looking missing bits can't be *that* hard to make). They may not have all the abilities however, unless they can be mimicked using Fae powers.

Fae becoming undead? Definitely not. They don't die unless they want to, so they really can't become undead. Also, even if a Fae got bitten and then willed themselves to die, I don't think it would work, probably due to Fae magics not being compatible... But then again, why would any Fae *want* to become an undead?

-RobbieThe1st

that calls into question the definition on whether a Fae is governed by the rules of furrae, as i see it, the Fae make their own rules, so to speak.

That said, undead are generally icky, unpleasant and sad things... all the things a fae isn't..
that and "undead" would apply to mortals, which fae are anything but..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Turnsky on June 15, 2008, 04:28:34 AM

-RobbieThe1st

that calls into question the definition on whether a Fae is governed by the rules of furrae, as i see it, the Fae make their own rules, so to speak.

That said, undead are generally icky, unpleasant and sad things... all the things a fae isn't..
Um... I don't understand... Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?

I was saying that I figured it would be possible for a Fae to take on the form of, or roleplay, an undead character, yet it would most likely not be possible for a Fae to actually *become* undead.

-RobbieThe1st

Turnsky

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on June 15, 2008, 04:35:55 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on June 15, 2008, 04:28:34 AM

-RobbieThe1st

Um... I don't understand... Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?

I was saying that I figured it would be possible for a Fae to take on the form of, or roll-play, an undead character, yet it would most likely not be possible for a Fae to actually *become* undead.

-RobbieThe1st

i was illustrating a few points, namely a fae wouldn't roleplay undead, there may be personality conflicts there, and a fae is all about self image, they'd most likely imitate a fellow being rather than an undead.
and i was saying that it was impossible for a fae to become undead, since that is the realm of mortal beings, fae are, effectively godlike in their power and ability, they can only die if they choose to, and even then they're reborn.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

kaskar

8) Remember, they get out of role-playing ...  They could appear to all as " undead " for awhile ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Turnsky on June 15, 2008, 04:43:09 AM
I was illustrating a few points, namely a fae wouldn't roleplay undead, there may be personality conflicts there, and a fae is all about self image, they'd most likely imitate a fellow being rather than an undead.
and i was saying that it was impossible for a fae to become undead, since that is the realm of mortal beings, fae are, effectively godlike in their power and ability, they can only die if they choose to, and even then they're reborn.
Ah. I really cannot say if a Fae would or would not *want* to roleplay undead, although it would make sense that they wouldn't, for the reasons you stated. On the other hand, after a few hundred million years, it might start looking like something to try.

I completely agree with you on your second point.

-RobbieThe1st

Aleolus

Just as a slight aside, I would like to point out that it is spelled 'roleplay', not 'rollplay'.

AmigaDragon

Roleplaying is pretending to be something/someone else and acting accordingly. Rollplaying would be using dice (and a chart or list) or other similar devices to randomly determine your actions.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen