The Doctor is [not] busy...

Started by techmaster-glitch, May 14, 2008, 08:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on May 16, 2008, 04:06:26 AM
Don't forget, Takahn and Bengahl have some knowledge of high technology.. prepare for some funky mixings.
That's one of the reasons I like DMFA so much, because it fuses the two.  It would be great to see that happen in Foxfire.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 16, 2008, 04:13:52 AM
Don't forget, Takahn and Bengahl have some knowledge of high technology.. prepare for some funky mixings.
That's one of the reasons I like DMFA so much, because it fuses the two.  It would be great to see that happen in Foxfire.

actually, i think DMFA keeps magic and tech rather separated, i haven't seen any large scale experimentation (other than mows) to fuse the two.. most likely because it'd fail epically.... kinda like chernobyl.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on May 16, 2008, 04:20:14 AM
actually, i think DMFA keeps magic and tech rather separated, i haven't seen any large scale experimentation (other than mows) to fuse the two.. most likely because it'd fail epically.... kinda like chernobyl.  >:3
The patches seem to be the cutting edge of that.  But it could be the start of something big.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 16, 2008, 04:37:50 AM
The patches seem to be the cutting edge of that.  But it could be the start of something big.

well, patches don't scream "large scale" they're more on the level of Ipods and other such consumer electronic goods.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on May 16, 2008, 04:39:12 AM
well, patches don't scream "large scale" they're more on the level of Ipods and other such consumer electronic goods.
As I understand it, they're one of the first ever successful fusings of magic and tech, so yes, it's bound to be a small beginning.

In any case, what I was really referring to was that DMFA has a setting which supports and uses both science and technology.  Often it's either one or the other.  Artifacts which use both together are interesting, but not actually what I had in mind.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Raffe

ME!! Even if I was an accident.  Maybe in the future papa Jyrras will put something magical on his griff-mech(magic missiles!)
Hooray ellipsis!

Aleolus

in my defense (i know i'm not being attacked), i took a hard look at foxfire before book 2, where it was going, and where it would be.. i didn't really like what i was seeing, and it was getting too complex for my blood, i figured shifting it to a separate world would give me a LOT of freedom, and let me do whatever the hell i want with it. The science bit will return in some fashion, if only a little bit grungier.  >:3

Don't massive explosions and world-endings happen when science and magic mix?  I can think of a few video games where they mixed magic and tech, and it never turned out good...

Raffe

Quote from: Aleolus on May 17, 2008, 10:12:37 PM
Don't massive explosions and world-endings happen when science and magic mix?  I can think of a few video games where they mixed magic and tech, and it never turned out good...
Unless its the good guys who do it, then it works.
Hooray ellipsis!

Turnsky

Quote from: Aleolus on May 17, 2008, 10:12:37 PM
in my defense (i know i'm not being attacked), i took a hard look at foxfire before book 2, where it was going, and where it would be.. i didn't really like what i was seeing, and it was getting too complex for my blood, i figured shifting it to a separate world would give me a LOT of freedom, and let me do whatever the hell i want with it. The science bit will return in some fashion, if only a little bit grungier.  >:3

Depends on who's pulling the strings.  >:3

Hanii Puppy

Quote from: Turnsky on May 16, 2008, 04:39:12 AM

It's the small things that affect everybody that make the greatest impact, where would we be without the pen/pencil, for instance?

Why have I never seen this comic before? :dface i need to spend more time here  :razz I'll bookmark it and read through the archives after my exams  :boogie :)

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 15, 2008, 03:42:35 AM
Let's not forget the cameo of mine: http://foxfire.comicgenesis.com/d/20070730.html

... while we're listing cameos and all. ;-]

Oh my god, You're the fead ecks box, No way!... seriously where are you?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... the fead ecks box.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears