The DMFA Radio Project

Started by Tezkat, July 08, 2006, 04:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RynSerenity

Quote from: RJ on July 17, 2006, 12:44:53 AM
Quote from: Ryn Serenity on July 16, 2006, 01:23:11 PM
Sure, I can do Mezzafint's voice, and maybe some temporary RJ stuff, if you want it.

I don't mind at all if you want to do that for RJ :3

Okay, sure! I'll try and get some recordings done this week. These'll only be temporary, though, until you can get your sound card working. :rj

llearch n'n'daCorna

*muttergrumblemuttermutter*

fscking BT can't get DSL installed. Despite the guys doing it only doing that and nothing else...

*sigh* OTOH, I'm now around strip number 420. So once the link comes back up, we're a goodly way towards complete scripts. Ish. We probably need to re-run that lot, however. And Abel's Story will need scripting.... shouldn't take more than a day or so to do all 40 odd entries of that, tho.

Does anyone know which sister says what in Arc 15, where Jyrras is talking about his meeting with Dan, or earlier where they're all visiting - particularly the pizza argument?
Along the same lines, the loggers could do with names - particularly the Fore-Koala with the pink ears, just before #400.

Awaiting responses, and doing work...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: insanekaosx on July 16, 2006, 10:18:25 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~galaxyguy/537-541.zip

There ya go

Okay, I'm back as the flurry of posts to the board will testify.  This is first listen:

537:  According to Amber, Abel was supposed to say "Holy mother of F-!" but she decided to tone it down at the last moment.  I have fewer inhibitions.  There's several ways we could play this:

* The 'being strangled' cutoff you've done in this one
* 'Holy mother of funk' and I'll bleep it off
It would be nice if he sounded more alarmed (think Merl's "Oh my gods!" which I ad-libbed in 'Recipe for Disasters')

538: Again, a touch more desperation would be nice.

539: Okay.  Perhaps he should sound a little more camp at the end.  No, I'm not quite sure how that would be done.

540: Perfect

541: I love the 'Lint!' thing at the end.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

insanekaosx

537: Lemme know which you prefer to go with, I'll do either. If we decide to go with the strangled one, I was thinking of asking Miaka to help me out and come up and start strangle-glomp-hugging me as I said it. :P A little more realism or something, was mostly a joke at first, but hey.

538: Will work on it when i'm redoing these

539: More... camp?

540: Even the quality? Relistening to them I still think they're all crap quality...

541: I loved saying it xD I didn't try, but I kinda felt myself looting a Homer Simpson-esque way of saying things when I said it :P *Don't ask, I'm crazy*

Tapewolf

Quote from: insanekaosx on July 19, 2006, 12:18:20 AM
539: More... camp?

Gay

Quote540: Even the quality? Relistening to them I still think they're all crap quality...

We'll have to see. I didn't really have time to try noise reduction on them.  If it comes out too damaged, you may have to do them again.

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 19, 2006, 06:36:22 AM
Quote from: insanekaosx on July 19, 2006, 12:18:20 AM
540: Even the quality? Relistening to them I still think they're all crap quality...

We'll have to see. I didn't really have time to try noise reduction on them.  If it comes out too damaged, you may have to do them again.

I wasn't able to eliminate the fan noise using the DNR in Audition. It was very significantly louder than in his previous recordings. Audacity's noise removal plugin fared even worse.  :mowsad

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on July 19, 2006, 03:38:40 PM
I wasn't able to eliminate the fan noise using the DNR in Audition. It was very significantly louder than in his previous recordings. Audacity's noise removal plugin fared even worse.  :mowsad

I concur.  I think you'll have to do that batch again, Kaos.  Bummer.

insanekaosx

I'll be doin' 'em tonight then, and uploading them tommorow at some point, as well as some Miaka's done.

I completely forgot the fan was on in my room, thus making insane background noise. >>

Miaka

recordings!!

...I liked being able to yell at Kaos' computer.  :sweatdrop

anyways: http://www.box.net/public/68qlyl4ir5

Lysander

Hehehe. You got me laughing with those. Didn't hear anything resembling popping or other stuff either, all good. :januscat
TytajLucheek

Tapewolf

Quote from: Miaka on July 22, 2006, 01:55:43 AM
recordings!!
...I liked being able to yell at Kaos' computer.  :sweatdrop

Thanks.  That's pretty good with the background noise.  The last bit is overloading, though - really it should be fading as Jyrras walks away.

Now - I have no idea if this is practical to achieve, but just in case, do you think you
could do these alternate lines as well, from Taross' version?

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/gornski/Vol666-Backwards.jpg

*EDIT*
According to the few known audio recordings of Amber, 'mow' is pronounced as in 'cow', not as in 'mow the lawn'.

topher chee

sounds pretty gosh darn good, keep it up

Tapewolf

Tezkat, do you think you could do the Jyrras voices for #520-522 at some stage?  I was going to pick up on the SAIA arc.
I guess I can concentrate on the in-SAIA part for now (Abel and Dan) since I'll also need Aary to make it work properly.

(Jyrras lines for #666 and Taross' alternate version would be neat as well).

That leaves the big problem of Ink.  What do we do?  Run a poll?

insanekaosx

http://home.comcast.net/~galaxyguy/666-backwards.wav

Another line Miaka did. I have a few I did, but box.net isn't working and they're too big for my comcast account righ tnow. I'll figuer it out later though *4am is not the best time for such tings :P* I did 537*yeah, redid these for ya :D*-550.

Miaka

hope ya'll don't mind that on the line I glompe Kaos for you can hear me giggling after glomping him. >>

Tapewolf

Quote from: Miaka on July 24, 2006, 08:14:30 AM
hope ya'll don't mind that on the line I glompe Kaos for you can hear me giggling after glomping him. >>

Ah, is that what the warbling effect is?  Not a problem.

I'm not asking you to do this, but if you're like, totally bored and have nothing to do all day, you might consider doing this:
1. Take the original recording and play it backwards, over and over again
2. Learn how to say it backwards
3. Record that and play it forwards

..I've got to admit I haven't tried this myself, but it's supposed to work pretty well for this sort of hidden-message type stuff.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*typetypetype*

Since BT hasn't sorted their shit out yet, I've been busy over the weekend. I'm up to strip 609 on the main - ie, I'm on the last arc - and have churned through a little more than half of Abel's Story. Given my current rate of progress, and the way that tomorrow morning should be idle waiting for BT to arrive, I expect that by this time tomorrow the results will be scarey.

Or something.

Just so you guys know...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2006, 09:31:45 AM
Since BT hasn't sorted their shit out yet, I've been busy over the weekend. I'm up to strip 609 on the main - ie, I'm on the last arc - and have churned through a little more than half of Abel's Story. Given my current rate of progress, and the way that tomorrow morning should be idle waiting for BT to arrive, I expect that by this time tomorrow the results will be scarey.

Or something.

Just so you guys know...

Cool!  When you say 'BT', is that some NZ subsidiary of British Telecom?  If so, I sympathise.  When I last moved (Nov 2004) it took until the following March to get the phone line working at all.  If it hadn't been for my dependence on Force9 I would probably have gone with NTL instead.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nope. The NZ version is Telecom NZ. BT as in British Telecom, the folks who run the cables in England.

... don't you read the APF thread? :-)

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2006, 09:45:34 AM
Nope. The NZ version is Telecom NZ. BT as in British Telecom, the folks who run the cables in England.

... don't you read the APF thread? :-)

No.. If I read the APF thread, I'd try to answer the questions and get marmalized by Ink again (although the decoy seems to have worked so far). 

Tapewolf

Quote from: insanekaosx on July 24, 2006, 01:07:44 PM
Bwaha, I am victorious.
Yes, I believe you are.

Now, I believe the next priority for SAIA is that we need someone to play Nirfy.  Any takers?

insanekaosx

I was being weird o,o Its a rare occasion someone agrees with me. *looks at the mac next to him* Expect mroe recordings tonight/tommorow, maybe.

Hilary

I keep finding myself at loose ends these days... do you need any more Lorenda lines for the near future?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Hilary on July 24, 2006, 03:56:55 PM
I keep finding myself at loose ends these days... do you need any more Lorenda lines for the near future?
Not sure.  The amethysts line from the recent comics might be handy.  If you're really bored, would you mind reprising HollyAnn for another project?

The Furfire Radio Project never really took off, but if you want something to do, Hollyann intros around here.
http://www.furfire.org/d/fur/20010527.html

The core part which I did a test mix for starts here:
http://www.furfire.org/d/fur/20010628.html

James StarRunner

Hmm... Since I had to move my computer out of my apartment, I've had issues with a quiet house. I may have to wait till I move (which may be before the next semester of school starts in about a month) unless I can catch a rare moment here and there.

Also, I need to revamp the cast last, but I'm pretty lost with this right now. Can I get a complete list of changes/updates? Time willing, I'll update all the sound files too.

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on July 24, 2006, 05:00:15 PM
Also, I need to revamp the cast last, but I'm pretty lost with this right now.
So am I.  It's compounded by the fact that we have different actors for different sections, e.g. Mab has been played by Bobby Prodigy, Gabi and Catherine Willington, to say nothing of Aaryanna.

QuoteCan I get a complete list of changes/updates? Time willing, I'll update all the sound files too.
I'll try, but not tonight.  For starters, check the cast list on my site - I made sure it was correct at least as far as the Warrior-For-Hire release was concerned.  By the way, if you don't mind, could you mirror that as top priority?  It will soon be a month old :)

**EDIT**
By the way, your reaction to Abel tearing the robe is bloody marvellous.

insanekaosx

Doing some more recording, but uh... can't remember which lines I've done already now *I'm hitting the point where I know I've done some'a these before, iirc >> I do distinctly remembering saying "fluff tuft"

Tapewolf

Quote from: insanekaosx on July 25, 2006, 10:42:22 AM
Doing some more recording, but uh... can't remember which lines I've done already now *I'm hitting the point where I know I've done some'a these before, iirc >> I do distinctly remembering saying "fluff tuft"

I can let you know what I have in the 'insanekaosx' directory if you want.  But you'll have to wait about 21/2 hours.

insanekaosx

Eh, don't bother yourself. I'll just record everything. I need soemthign to do anyways >>