Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {02}

Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcalane

Note it was suppressed, so nobody would have noticed it. :U

shadowterm

The graser reminded me of a gamma ray burster, a natural phenomena. This, however, would have been much more un-balanced. Gamma Ray Bursters are capable of destroying entire celestial bodies such as planets.

Also, I'm not opposed to being on staff. I guess I could be a mechanic, though admittedly that would change the skill set I had in mind for the character. Though the change isn't undesirable.
/)//w//(\

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: shadowterm on May 31, 2008, 12:59:56 AM
Also, I'm not opposed to being on staff. I guess I could be a mechanic, though admittedly that would change the skill set I had in mind for the character. Though the change isn't undesirable.
Certainly not, considering we lost our original mechanic to the thin-air vanishing phenomena some time ago :/

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 31, 2008, 02:12:17 AM
Quote from: shadowterm on May 31, 2008, 12:59:56 AM
Certainly not, considering we lost our original mechanic to the thin-air vanishing phenomena some time ago :/

Yes, one of the only people Dorcan has confided in, to boot.  And to be honest, a tech with some combat training would be a very, very useful person for them to bring on the stealth team.

In fact, I'll have Dorcan suggest that they bring a tech - if Shadow declines, an NPC can take his place.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

shadowterm

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 31, 2008, 11:43:12 AM

In fact, I'll have Dorcan suggest that they bring a tech - if Shadow declines, an NPC can take his place.
I accept.
/)//w//(\

Ryudo Lee

Okay so I think the best thing to do would be to have one of the group ask the lietenant or Jackson or someone for a tech to be added to the group, and shadow's character can be assigned.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 03, 2008, 10:41:37 AM
Okay so I think the best thing to do would be to have one of the group ask the lietenant or Jackson or someone for a tech to be added to the group, and shadow's character can be assigned.
Dorcan has.  Or do you mean someone further up the chain of command?

Ryudo Lee

Well he proposed the idea, but hasn't asked anyone in charge.

Tapewolf

He was suppoased to be still talking to Arc and/or Morgan.  If that's unclear, I can amend the post if you like.

Ryudo Lee

Right, that's what I was saying.  He's said it to the rest of the team, but someone would have to get in touch with an officer in charge and make an official request.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 03, 2008, 12:07:23 PM
Right, that's what I was saying.  He's said it to the rest of the team, but someone would have to get in touch with an officer in charge and make an official request.
Oh.  I thought Arc was in charge of the group.

Ryudo Lee

I suppose he is.  But even he has to go through the proper channels.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 03, 2008, 12:38:19 PM
I suppose he is.  But even he has to go through the proper channels.
Yeah.  In a real organisation, it would go through layers.  So Dorcan would ask his superior (Arc) who in turn passes the request on to his own superior - that's what I've tried to do here, only it seems to have stalled.

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 03, 2008, 12:41:44 PM
Yeah.  In a real organisation, it would go through layers.  So Dorcan would ask his superior (Arc) who in turn passes the request on to his own superior - that's what I've tried to do here, only it seems to have stalled.

Hang on, let me get the jumper cables... *PM'ing Arc*

Ryudo Lee

Explicative!

Well it's happened.  All access to forums and newsgroups, and even anonymizers, have been disabled by our proxy at work.  Which means that I get to use a REALLY shaky unprotected wi-fi access point to even get this message out.  And it probably won't be long until the owner discovers that and locks me out from it.  So it looks like all my activity on these here forums is going to happen at night, which is really going to slow down my responses to this thread and the RP thread.  So if you don't hear from me as often as you used to, that's why.

Tapewolf

Ew.  My sympathies.  Thanks for the heads-up, and here's hoping things change for the better.

Ryudo Lee

Well this is a government proxy so I don't expect things to change.

On the positive side, I've set it so that I get notifications via e-mail when you guys respond to my threads.  I can still check my personal e-mail, so I can at least keep up with things and make my responses as soon as I get home.

If you absolutely have to contact me, use the little e-mail link down there under my avatar.  I check my mail a few times a day.

EDIT: I'm just gonna bite the bullet and get mobile broadband for my laptop.  I get excellent mobile coverage in my building, and I found a good price on an unlimited data plan.  The data rate sucks, only 1.4mbps up/600kbps down (compared to what I have at home, which is 12mbps up), but it's enough to IM people and maybe even waste away some time on Furcadia too.

Azlan

I know what it is like to work for the Government, whether it is City, State or Federal.  My posting time is somewhat reduced as well, we have discovered a wonderful problem with Windows XP Sp3, it completely eliminates our laptops' abilities to resolve DNS over a wireless connection.  Damn corporate USA and its dependence on MS.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

shadowterm

so, does it usually go this long without a post?
/)//w//(\

Tapewolf

Quote from: shadowterm on June 08, 2008, 02:12:04 AM
so, does it usually go this long without a post?
Sometimes it can when Arcalane is on the critical path.

Things should get a lot more lively once the mission is underway.

**EDIT**

Quote from: Arcalane on June 08, 2008, 02:55:35 PM
((Exo, not Arc. :U))
Whups.  Fixed.

Ryudo Lee

Indeed it can go for awhile because some people don't check it often enough.  But whenever there's a post, my eyes are on it within a few hours.

Also, some good news, I got my mobile broadband so now I don't have to rely on the office internet to get my internets fix during the day.

Ryudo Lee

Okay, now Exo needs to go make that request to a superior (the lieutenant or Jackson) so that shadow can get into the game.

This took too long.

Arcalane

Yeah sorry I've been kinda hung up on how to handle that. Probably easier to handle it offscreen rather than waste more time, right?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arcalane on June 10, 2008, 12:26:15 AM
Yeah sorry I've been kinda hung up on how to handle that. Probably easier to handle it offscreen rather than waste more time, right?
That gets my vote.

On reflection, it might have been an idea to have discussed it here rather than just stewing over it :3

Ryudo Lee

Okay, so I have to ask... why did Jexx have to get pelted by a Super Bunny t-shirt?

shadowterm

Not sure, but the humor value was very high. Also, I'm thinking I should be waiting for you on the ship.
/)//w//(\

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 11, 2008, 12:23:58 PM
Okay, so I have to ask... why did Jexx have to get pelted by a Super Bunny t-shirt?

Super Bunny is a very early Bugs Bunny cartoon(1943), a gift to remind Jexx to be Hero.  I thought Jexx need something to inter-act with.  Sally was feeling bad that she made a low blow commend on Jexx about shooting small cubs and innocent wall and stuff.

So, Jexx be a hero.   Now, I have to get him to wear it.  Maybe.

PBH

Ryudo Lee

Okay... well I guess that shirt can actually be whatever this universe's equivalent of Bug's Bunny is.  I'm sure that someone would have come up with something similar.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 12, 2008, 12:09:56 PM
Okay... well I guess that shirt can actually be whatever this universe's equivalent of Bug's Bunny is.  I'm sure that someone would have come up with something similar.
In a world which actually has anthros, it'd probably be regarded as something akin to Mario or the Pringles guy...

llearch n'n'daCorna

The Pringles guy is a hero, isn't he? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears