Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {02}

Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcalane

Makes sense. That was why I tacked it on as an objective of opportunity, having forgotten it was actually the primary objective.

Azlan

I forgot that too, but I'll let Morgan's post stand.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 20, 2008, 12:38:49 PM
"Well, does the rebellion have any hackers to spare?"  Dorcan asked.  "I'd offer myself, but I'm not exactly a hotshot and besides, your computer systems are undoubtedly too different to mine for my skills to be much use."

IC'ly, I should have had Jackson say it, but Exo will know the procedure.  If you need extra personnel (NPC's) you'll have to go to the current officer in charge and request the additional personnel.  The lieutenant, if Jackson isn't around is who you would normally go to, but since Jackson is on site at the moment, you can go directly to him with your request.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

yaksha

Okay, everyone.  I'd like your opinion on something.  Since my character is an assassin, I'm debating either having him show up in the middle of things, or having his employers message the rebels, and tell them they're sending help.  I'd like for you all to give your opinion, and tell me if you think I should just "appear", or if we should announce it a bit.

techmaster-glitch

Talk to Ryudo. He's in charge of things like that, not us.

yaksha

I have over PM.  He suggested I make a message here and find out the popular opinion.

techmaster-glitch

Oh. Huh.

I'm thinking a message would be good. I'd say show up in the middle, but we already had a guy do that and fall out of the RP. However, if we were to write Eraser off as having never happened at all, then I would suggest the unannounced entry.

Ryudo Lee

Well, we're looking for the most popular idea.  I mean, he could pull what Eraser did, or he could give you guys some actual warning.

Tapewolf

I was going to post this last night but it was too late for me to get my thoughts in order.  Basically, if he turns up in the middle of a secret mission it's liable to spook the characters.  If Exo is forewarned and relays this to the team then it would work.  However, it would probably be best if he turns up, either still inside the base, or waiting to greet them as their contact near the site of the tower.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

yaksha

I was planning a mysterious call from his employers, and then he'd show up shortly after.

Ryudo Lee

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on April 24, 2008, 01:42:32 PM
Heh, Dorcan the secretary. :P
The funny part is that I was just about to post it when I was interrupted by a call for someone who wasn't in the office.  Needless to say I quoted it word-for-word...

Tapewolf

Yak, you might want to edit that as the phone is still on hold.

yaksha

Okay, to avoid questions:

The man speaking to them is part of a large group of people, and one of the only magic-users in the organization.  He heard Tape's character talking to someone away from the phone, and used his magic to turn it into speakerphone, basically.

Tapewolf

Quote from: yaksha on April 24, 2008, 03:15:52 PM
The man speaking to them is part of a large group of people, and one of the only magic-users in the organization.  He heard Tape's character talking to someone away from the phone, and used his magic to turn it into speakerphone, basically.
Magic seems to be a bit of a touchy subject, but if Ryudo's happy with it, then I'm happy.

yaksha

I'll see what he says.  If not, then I can always edit again.

Ryudo Lee

That seems like it would have been a pretty low level kind of spell.  I don't have a problem with it, unless anyone else does.

Azlan

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on April 25, 2008, 09:21:16 AM
That seems like it would have been a pretty low level kind of spell.  I don't have a problem with it, unless anyone else does.

I have a problem with it  :rolleyes

j/k
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Arcalane

Quote from: Azlan on April 25, 2008, 11:43:13 PM
Quote from: Ryudo Lee on April 25, 2008, 09:21:16 AM

I have a problem with it  :rolleyes

j/k

Oh yeah?! Well I have a problem with you! :U

j/k

I would have actually responded to the phone, but wasn't sure how to respond... though this gets to be more interesting now.

Tapewolf

What race is Kalika?  Is he human, or anthropomorphic?

**EDIT**
No offence intended, of course - this is just Dorcan's take on the situation.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Idle query:

The rest of the team are in a room in the middle of the rebel base, which is surrounded by guards, as evidenced by a trivial glance through the history - at least as far as the last time everyone arrived back at base. So... Kalika has knocked on a door... in the middle of the base... and asked if it's the rebel base?

Not to mention he's magically avoided being hit by the door... with no mention of how. It appears to me as if everyone else is going out of their way to assist you with merging in by overlooking these issues, but you seem bound and determined to make that as hard as possible.

Not an auspicious start, yaksha, I must say, but don't let me stop you.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

yaksha

I suppose I overlooked the part about the flying door.  And no, he did not ask if it was the base, he said he knew it was the base.  As in he knew that they were in the hub of the rebel hq.

As to Yaksha, he is fully human, or he at least appears to be one.

http://cat-cat.deviantart.com/art/Malice-25357435

There's a picture.

yaksha

Just realized, I'm probably getting WAYYYYY out of line with this whole Organization thing.  If anyone has any qualms about it, just let me know and I can pitch it out.

Prof B Hunnydew

Well, I was hoping that one of the other would answer Security on the phone.... Like Exo....

but  :mwaha

PBH

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: yaksha on April 26, 2008, 09:17:42 PM
Just realized, I'm probably getting WAYYYYY out of line with this whole Organization thing.  If anyone has any qualms about it, just let me know and I can pitch it out.
It certainly seems rather out there to me, but it's Ryudo's decision to let it fly or not.

Arcalane

Yeaaaah see I kinda held back on responding the phone because I really wasn't sure what history they would have, if any. I'd say you're definitely way over the line. Besides, The Organization sounds like an even more generic name for what is essentially a carbon-copy of The Rebellion. Except slightly more cliche sounding.

Serious suggestion; go back to the phone part and start over.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Arcalane on April 26, 2008, 10:28:11 PM
We'll need a mod for that, and like I said, we also need to wait for Ryudo's say. But that does seem the right decision.

yaksha

I'd agree, and yeah, I'm going a bit too far with the organization.  And as to the carbon-copy part, that's looking to be true, too.  I didn't really intend to bring them into the rp like this.  I say we clear back to the phone call, and just start over.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 26, 2008, 10:40:13 PM
Quote from: Arcalane on April 26, 2008, 10:28:11 PM
We'll need a mod for that, and like I said, we also need to wait for Ryudo's say. But that does seem the right decision.

I -can- go clicky-clicky, but I'll wait for Ryudo...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

If it were up to me, I'd say yeah, go back to the phone call.  I think the suspension-of-disbelief breaking part is when he knocks at the door.  It might be better for the phone to ring back after Morgan puts it down (I imagine Exo is probably not going to be too happy with that after he'd gestured that he'd take the call, by the way.)