Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {02}

Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcalane

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Azlan

My apologies for being absent, though I am not especially needed yet, but someone managed to fire a bullet through our state-of-the-art, peerless network with one poorly executed imaging job.  I have been working with my team for the last 72 hours bringing our user base back online and implementing changes to the fundamental hole... PXE. 
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Arcalane

I apologise for my slow or lack of responses. Writing updates for a Let's Play-style X-COM Apocalypse run through has been sapping my RP drive somewhat. :<

Ryudo Lee

FYI, getting to the site will be a good two hour drive.  It's a day long drive.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

yaksha

Are you guys accepting new members right now?

yaksha

Are you guys accepting new members right now?  If so, i'll join.

Prof B Hunnydew

Yes we are

Please deleted your post on the IC thread and
Post a character, using the character form on the fist page of this thread for Ryundo Lee to approve

PBH

Welcome on aboard

Arcalane

Don't be so hasty, Doc. this is Ryudo's - he has the final say in who comes or  goes.

I've report'd the misplaced post as well, since it is technically wrongly posted. :B

yaksha

Think someone has to delete it for me, and I'll get that bio up shortly.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Arcalane on April 14, 2008, 09:28:33 PM
Don't be so hasty, Doc. this is Ryudo's - he has the final say in who comes or  goes.

I've report'd the misplaced post as well, since it is technically wrongly posted. :B

I did say that Ryudo must approve, I think...
and He has left the open door in the Title... So I just encourage anyone to post a character, but Ryudo does have final say.  Remember that Yaksha

:mowcookie
PBH

yaksha

I'll post my bio now, and if the maker vetos it, okay.

Name: Kalika
Sex: Male
Magic User?
Psychic? Yes, relies on psychic wire as whips for primary attacks.  Can also construct weaker psychic sheilds that can whitstand most lesser attacks.  Has shocking speed, and it is rumored that he has otherworldly stamina, though it is as of yet unproved.
Tech usage: None
Faction: mercenary group
Physical Description: About 5'9, 140 lbs.  He seems like a woman at first, with his long flowing pink hair, and his thin form.  However, though he appears weak, he harbors an impressive strength deep within himself.

History:  As of now, his history is almost unknown, but he made his way into the mercenary business about a year ago, and has since climbed the ranks with shocking speed.  He is said to have a 100% kill rate, and it is also rumored that none of his targets have survived over a week after he sets his sights on them.  He is a cold and apathetic individual, most likely due to his childhood, but there is as of yet no proof. (Going to keep his history vague for now, and give more details as the rp goes on.)

Quick question:  I'm used to using a fallen demon in some of my rps.  Do the characters have to be human?  By fallen demon, I mean he's as strong as a human with magic/special powers, the only difference is typically his appearance, personality, and age.

techmaster-glitch

Cool. We don't have a psychic yet, that will be nice to have.

EDIT: My bad, we do have Morgan, who is a partial psychic.

Azlan

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 14, 2008, 10:04:43 PM
Cool. We don't have a psychic yet, that will be nice to have.

Morgan is a psychic, it is his primary metahuman powerbase. 
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Arcalane on April 14, 2008, 09:28:33 PM

Noted. I've been cleaning up said posts. *sigh*

Quote from: yaksha on April 14, 2008, 09:28:50 PM
Think someone has to delete it for me, and I'll get that bio up shortly.

We don't do the "deletion" thing around here. Damaris doesn't like it. And since she owns the forum, we all agree with her to keep her happy. ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: yaksha on April 14, 2008, 09:39:28 PM
Quick question:  I'm used to using a fallen demon in some of my rps.  Do the characters have to be human?  By fallen demon, I mean he's as strong as a human with magic/special powers, the only difference is typically his appearance, personality, and age.
The basic scenario is that magic users are being suppressed, and magic itself isn't working very well, though it is liable to improve as the RP goes on.  Minor psi powers seem to be allowable.

Characters do not have to be human, but unless Ryudo says otherwise, there aren't any demons.  Dorcan is an off-worlder, but not strictly a demon since he's an android replica.  As for human, there are a few furred characters - indeed, Dorcan would probably feel a bit less lonely if there were more, since most of the cast seems to be human.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

yaksha

Makes sense to me.  My demons are typically only as strong as the typical "Gifted" human, be it magic, psi powers or so on.  And as to furrys, I can think of a few decent pictures.

Ryudo Lee

Humans and furries are acceptable, although I will have to draw the line at demons.  Tape's character is an exception, due to his character coming in from his own universe.

I like the psychic powers, but the "shocking speed" and "otherworldly stamina" bits are gonna have to be played down, but they can be increased as the game progresses, and I will let everyone know when their powers get stronger.

Other than that, we just need to figure out a way to get you into the group.

techmaster-glitch

Last-minute hired mercenary? Mercenary is in his char description.

llearch n'n'daCorna

What happened to the last merc you had, here? Almost got his head blown off, and then got bored with the game?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 16, 2008, 09:57:17 AM
What happened to the last merc you had, here? Almost got his head blown off, and then got bored with the game?
Wait, who? :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 16, 2008, 09:58:53 AM
Wait, who? :B
Gerald, IIRC, was the guy who tried to hack into the Brotherhood tower using the Rebel's comms gear as a springboard.  I think that's who llearch means.
Wait, it was probably that Eraser guy, who Morgan nearly shot.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ryudo Lee

Yeah, Eraser.  Then after a couple of posts decided that he couldn't keep up.

yaksha

By otherworldly stamina I only mean that he can fight for long periods of time.  As to the speed, he's fast enough to outrun a horse-drawn carriage(maybe 60mph top speed right now.)

And the demon, sure.  I was intending to have him be a demon exiled from hell, who's trying to beat the brotherhood and be allowed back in.  He'd be about as weak as a normal human when the game started.  And I can think of several ways to bring Kalika into the story, the most likely would be that the group is noticed by his employers, and he gets payed to assist you.

Ryudo Lee

I really don't want to get into metaphysical stuff in this game.  I did it once and I don't wanna do it again.  So let's keep hell out of the picture.  Nix the demon stuff, dumb down the other abilities so that they will gradually increase over time and then it's all good.

yaksha

Works for me, I was just explaining why I wanted a demon.  Anyways, do I just post now, or should I wait a little bit?

Ryudo Lee

Ryudo Lee

Sorry for the double post...

I should have checked it before I said anything.  Getting to the construction site will be a day's drive.  Your primary mission is to steal data.  The secondary mission is to blow it up.
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,2926.msg173157.html#msg173157

Arcalane

And here I thought it was the other way around. :B I've edited my most recent post to suit since nobody's responded yet - my earlier posts either didn't mention it, or looked fairly ambiguous about it.

Ryudo Lee

Well the line of thinking is that whatever information is in there will be related to the inner workings of a tower, so the information is the vital portion of the mission.