28/05/08 [DMFA #908] - New job please?

Started by Psaakyrn, May 28, 2008, 03:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

It is indeed fortunate that Aliyka appears to shop at the same clothing store as She-Hulk rather than the shops frequented by her cousin the Hulk.

We wil see if either Dan or Hannah is clever enough to use the situation by running as close as possible to as many guards as possible.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tycoon

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 28, 2008, 06:57:46 AMAlso, for some reason I love that "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". I wonder who produces this sound? :3

Oh Lord.

Why is Hctib getting a verbal cameo?  :S

Zedd

Saist

Quote from: Slowtini on May 28, 2008, 04:09:44 PM
...Kitty needs a BIIIIIG catnip mousey.

are you sure it's a good idea to give that kitty a substance that could potentially cause hyperactivity?

thegayhare

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 28, 2008, 03:59:32 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on May 28, 2008, 03:24:47 PM
Ah, but the bigger she gets, the longer reach she has, and so the less she actually has to move to grab them ^_^

Plus, if she gets big enough, the roof ceases to be a problem.

Not that I'm advocating this idea, of course.

Well that's only true if the walls and ceiling arn't sturdily built. 

If for example the walls and ceiling are reinforced some how and she keeps growing she might be reduced to meat in a can.

Kitty meat spread.. now we just need crackers and cheese

AnizInDisguise

Raffe

Quote from: thegayhare on May 28, 2008, 08:24:28 PM
If for example the walls and ceiling are reinforced some how and she keeps growing she might be reduced to meat in a can.

Kitty meat spread.. now we just need crackers and cheese
Stilton obviously.
If it came to that, wouldn't her rage turn more towards fear or panick and she'd shrink again?
Or maybe she could rip out chungs of the wall and toss it at them.
Hooray ellipsis!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Saist on May 28, 2008, 06:55:31 PM
Quote from: Slowtini on May 28, 2008, 04:09:44 PM
...Kitty needs a BIIIIIG catnip mousey.

are you sure it's a good idea to give that kitty a substance that could potentially cause hyperactivity?
Some cats go docile with it. If you can't find a big enough catnip mouse, stick small ones up each nostril.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Slowtini

Quote from: Tycoon on May 28, 2008, 06:38:01 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 28, 2008, 06:57:46 AMAlso, for some reason I love that "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". I wonder who produces this sound? :3

Oh Lord.

Hctib Elttil?

DarkAudit

Quote from: KlaatuWolf on May 28, 2008, 06:20:54 PM
Perhaps I'm the only one, but I seriously see Akyla (sp) yelling "STERN!" after she breaks down the door and is running down the hall.

Dan? He's nothing but a low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous perverted worm! Hanging's too good for him. Burning's too good for him! He should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive!

I hope Amber's got an angle. D:
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Slowtini on May 28, 2008, 10:16:13 PM

Oh Lord.

Hctib Elttil?

Yeah, I was confused by that too. Totally clueless.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Raffe

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 29, 2008, 01:08:23 AM
For anyone who doesn't get their reference its from Looking For Group.

Hmmm...maybe Dan got the death knights with a spork because its the only thing he could grab while running from Aliyka.
Hooray ellipsis!

kaskar

8)  See what happens when you make Aliyka angry !!!  Now, let's stir her up a bit more, and see what she will do. Do we see Dan run right past Dark Pegasus, with Aliyka bounding on behind, ready to tear apart anyone or anything in her way. ( Does that include Dark Pegasus, and how he meets his end first time ? )

8) Just Hanging Around ...

Anri

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 29, 2008, 01:08:23 AM
Quote from: Slowtini on May 28, 2008, 10:16:13 PM

Oh Lord.

Hctib Elttil?

Reference to here! http://www.lfgcomic.com/page/89 Start of a chapter so won't miss too much by starting here.... but it's more fun to go back to the beginning. :3

tlarn

I'm surprised that cat is able to chase them past the first door! Hope ol' DP has some incredible evil lair insurance.

As for the fourth edition rules, I do feel like it renders aaaaall the books of the 3.x edition completely obsolete. I'm sure they won't change every single rule, but still, now the books I have are moot. And those rulebooks aren't cheap! :cry

Of course, people can play with whichever edition they have handy: I know people who still use the old Advanced Dungeons & Dragons rules!

I wonder if they'll stop publishing the older editions, now that they have fourth edition out? I'll be a sad puppy if that's the case. :<

MT Hazard

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 28, 2008, 06:48:06 AM
Interesting, I have nothing useful to add to this, so here's something useless

You have encountered a dragon

Scenario one:
You charge straight at the dragon and stab it with a hugely powerful sword created by some forgotten god. Due to some dice rolling low the dragon yelps as if stung by a bee and and eats you, your party and a nearby village before eventually dying of food poisoning.

Scenario Two:
In a moment of madness you throw a small stone at the dragon. Due to some dice rolling high the dragon explodes into a million blood soaked pieces and rains down around you. Stinking of blood and sulphur you stagger out of the cave and throw up, you can wash but you'll never be clean. 

Feel free to add more Scenarios.

Am I completely wrong with my last comment or does that kind of thing actually happen occasionally?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 29, 2008, 01:10:42 PM
Am I completely wrong with my last comment or does that kind of thing actually happen occasionally?

It happens only if the DM critically fails on his common sense roll. :3
(Our usual DM is pretty much like this guy, actually. :B)
We actually used to have such "worst case scenarios" when our DM got tired of us fooling around.

Naldru

Could it be that Aliyka is somewhat claustrophobic, like Storm in the X-Men movie.  Her transformation occurred very soon after being locked in a closet and her first escape apparently occurred after being locked in a room.  When this kitty wants out, she means it.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

tlarn

Quote from: Naldru on May 29, 2008, 01:33:38 PM
Could it be that Aliyka is somewhat claustrophobic, like Storm in the X-Men movie.  Her transformation occurred very soon after being locked in a closet and her first escape apparently occurred after being locked in a room.  When this kitty wants out, she means it.
That is one aggressive reaction to being in a closed space. :.

Kuari

....*looks left, then looks right, all shifty eyed, then takes a deep breath*
ALIYKA SMAAAASH!!!!

Slowtini

Quote from: Kuari on May 29, 2008, 04:18:05 PM
ALIYKA SMAAAASH!!!!

-gets out the ketamine dart tranquilizer gun-

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Slowtini on May 29, 2008, 05:31:17 PM
A stun gun? You've got to be kidding me! We'll need a stasis field generator for this one! D:<

Quote from: Kuari on May 29, 2008, 04:18:05 PM
ALIYKA SMAAAASH!!!!
Wrong. "ALIYKA... PAAAAAAAAAAANCH!!!! >:O" She may not be a falcon (especially in her berserk mode :3), but still...

Chaos

On the 3.x vs 4th I only have a few things to say.

I've read a bit, I've hashed it over, and see enough in there that I like, that I'll pick up the book (physically, not financially) and read it over. Some of the stiff they are doing is pretty cool and allows the reboot of some pretty awesome settings, planescape being one of them. They also are bringing a fresh outlook on a lot of things, but, and there is always a but, for every cool thing, for every good idea they do SOMETHING that makes me thing that they are conceding to WoW or try to make the game more "cool" or "phat" or "1337". So as far as the actual revamp, I can see it going both ways.

However I must say that I am not happy to have to trade in my 3.5 books for something that won't even compare for at least 2 years. 4th may be a good thing or a bad thing, but it will take at least a year for them to get enough supplemental stuff out that might get my attention in a good way. The reason it pisses me off is the fact that there is so much more they could have done for 3.5. Such potential cut short.

This is a vastly reduced version of my feelings on the subject. Don't make me get chatty!  :batman

tlarn

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 29, 2008, 05:42:06 PM
Quote from: Slowtini on May 29, 2008, 05:31:17 PM
A stun gun? You've got to be kidding me! We'll need a stasis field generator for this one! D:<
And if that doesn't work, Dio Brando.

ZA WARUDO!!

And if that doesn't work... somebody will need to call Dr. Myron Reducto.

@Chaos: There's no need to trade in your old books! You can always keep 'em and still play with those rules! Like in a previous post, I know people who still play with the AD&D rules. :>

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: tlarn on May 29, 2008, 07:16:30 PM

ZA WARUDO!!

Za Warudo? Better use STAR PLATINUM, instead. :3 Dio is prone to much overkill; we probably don't want Aliyka splattered all over the castle.

Rafe

Quote from: Turnsky on May 28, 2008, 07:06:57 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 28, 2008, 06:57:46 AM
Quote from: Kasarn on May 28, 2008, 06:39:53 AM
So, does giant monster Aliyka prefer squishies or voring?

(lol, macrofurs :V )
She prefers rending and mauling - but I doubt that she is berserk enough to devour her victims after mutilating them.

Also, for some reason I love that "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". I wonder who produces this sound? :3

Oh, and I have to agree with Graz's statement in the last panel. It is truly time to retreat hastily.

well, dan now.. and on the wallpaper war, Abel will be, methinks.. at least singing castrato for a while.  >:3

You're all wrong...

It's Fluffy who produces that sound - every time Amber summons Satan:

Rafe

tlarn

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 29, 2008, 07:25:08 PM
Quote from: tlarn on May 29, 2008, 07:16:30 PM

ZA WARUDO!!

Za Warudo? Better use STAR PLATINUM, instead. :3 Dio is prone to much overkill; we probably don't want Aliyka splattered all over the castle.
Well, it's better than Fist of the North Star guy (I always forget his name and I refuse to admit my shame by Googling it). We'd get five minutes of him kicking and/or punching and going WATATATATA/YATATATATA.

And then he walks away and she explodes in silhouetted gore.

... I wanna rewatch my old Fist of the North Star tapes.

I DON'T OWN A VCR ANYMORE. 'A'

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: tlarn on May 30, 2008, 03:50:15 AM
Well, it's better than Fist of the North Star guy (I always forget his name and I refuse to admit my shame by Googling it). We'd get five minutes of him kicking and/or punching and going WATATATATA/YATATATATA.

It's... Mr. Kenshiro!!

HOKUTO HYAKURETSUKEN!

tlarn

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 30, 2008, 03:56:27 AM
Quote from: tlarn on May 30, 2008, 03:50:15 AM

It's... Mr. Kenshiro!!

HOKUTO HYAKURETSUKEN!

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Rafe on May 29, 2008, 10:51:14 PM
You're all wrong...

It's Fluffy who produces that sound - every time Amber summons Satan:

Thus supporting thegayhare's theory on Hannah's tail being Fluffy XD