A belated hello

Started by Leon, May 31, 2008, 07:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Greetings  :)

Extreme laziness has stopped me from registering till now. This may be my first post but I've been lurking on the forum and enjoying the comics for quite a while.

For a living I work in I.T.; mainly coding and database work. I enjoy sci-fi, fantasy, gaming (mostly online) and football. So pretty much a stereotypical geek.

Ren Gaulen

Welcome. Welcome to Clockwork Mansion. It's safer here. Beware of the box of doom, random fires and napalm showers, guys with swords and the people who tell you to beware of the people. Follow the rules, venerate the immortal Empress (Mab) and have fun.

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard.  Remember to read the rules, have fun, don't annoy the moderators and so on and so forth.
Interesting that you like football - I never really managed to square that with the IT geek type.  To be sure, I never really got over my detestation of the sport from being forced to play it back at school...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Suwako

Hi, This is a place where everything that is associated with mental stability gets lost, or is lost the moment you enter.  We generally blame the same thing but it would rather remain a secret, cause it want to act like it doesn't like getting blamed which is a total lie.

Zombies, why did it have to be zombies?

Leon

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 31, 2008, 07:32:56 PM
Remember to read the rules, have fun, don't annoy the moderators and so on and so forth.
I read the rules before I joined. It seemed rude not to seeing as someone had gone to the trouble of writing them all down. Plus I had to check in case there was an immortal soul clause.

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 31, 2008, 07:32:56 PM
Interesting that you like football - I never really managed to square that with the IT geek type.  To be sure, I never really got over my detestation of the sport from being forced to play it back at school...
I didn't care for it that much at school either. Lots of freezing cold afternoons stuck in defence or goal along with all the other kids who were no good. *shudder*
It only started to get fun later on playing 5 a side with people of similar ability (i.e. almost none at all  :))

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 31, 2008, 07:15:46 PM
Beware of the box of doom, random fires and napalm showers, guys with swords and the people who tell you to beware of the people.
I'll keep an eye out for these dodgy characters

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 31, 2008, 07:15:46 PM
venerate the immortal Empress (Mab) and have fun.
May her comics be forever brilliant and her cookie supply endless  :mowcookie

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Leon on June 01, 2008, 11:17:50 AM
Plus I had to check in case there was an immortal soul clause.

That's the one that is in tiny font, upside down, on the back.

Quote from: Leon on June 01, 2008, 11:17:50 AM
I'll keep an eye out for these dodgy characters

You do that. Try to keep the nerves attached, though, you might need the eye later.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

I want to know how it's safer here.  That's the one that has been screwing with me.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Damaris on June 01, 2008, 05:04:44 PM
I want to know how it's safer here.  That's the one that has been screwing with me.
I have no idea either. :. It's a paradox, I guess.