05/21/08 [DMFA #906] - ancient methods

Started by Paul, May 21, 2008, 08:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Naldru on May 23, 2008, 04:52:25 PM
I think they said that both the tail and leg had been taken away, possibly for use by the Death Knights

They need souls to power the Death Knights, not severed limbs. Hannah's leg and tail were probably just lying somewhere else in that room.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Jakon on May 23, 2008, 02:06:15 PM
This reminds me of something in an old favorite video game of mine... something like "You use the secret, ancient lockpicking method taught to you by the wise old hobos of Chicago ... which is to say you kick it with your steel-toed boot."

i now want to journey to the mystic land of chicago and study under the wise hobos of yore
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Naldru on May 23, 2008, 01:57:36 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on May 23, 2008, 12:24:23 PM
something happens in the last panel that I'm surprised no one has commented about, the person in question in being undead and all.
I assume that you are referring to the fact that she seems out of breath.

Come on.  She's been blasted across the room, torn limb from limb although she managed to pull herself together, and has had a generally miserable day.  Dead or alive, that has got to be tiring, and she seemed to be running out of energy when Dan first her.

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that, it was a bit obscure, that and remembering that DMFA undead don't need to breath.

But as Douglas Adams once wrote "not matter what your metabolism, there are times when you need to take a deep breath "

Plus I imagine it's a good habit to get into if you want to be inconspicuous among the living.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Paul

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 23, 2008, 04:59:57 PM
Quote from: Naldru on May 23, 2008, 04:52:25 PM
I think they said that both the tail and leg had been taken away, possibly for use by the Death Knights
They need souls to power the Death Knights, not severed limbs. Hannah's leg and tail were probably just lying somewhere else in that room.
Maybe someone wanted a rabbit's foot amulet and made off with her leg.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Paul on May 23, 2008, 05:37:39 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 23, 2008, 04:59:57 PM
Maybe someone wanted a rabbit's foot amulet and made off with her leg.

I guess you may be right..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 23, 2008, 05:14:34 PM
I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that, it was a bit obscure, that and remembering that DMFA undead don't need to breath.

Unless they want to speak. After all, speaking is caused by pushing air across a vibrating string in your throat. It's a bit tricky to do that without breathing, even if you don't normally need air to keep living.

Erm. Unliving. Erm. You know what I mean.

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 23, 2008, 05:14:34 PM
But as Douglas Adams once wrote "not matter what your metabolism, there are times when you need to take a deep breath "

Plus I imagine it's a good habit to get into if you want to be inconspicuous among the living.

There comes a time to roll up your sleeves, spit on your hands, and start slitting throats. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears