Galava

Started by Tezkat, May 12, 2008, 12:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

So... the powers that be over in thugland want to announce our sekrit treaty to the world. Here's what we have so far in terms of treaty text:

Optional Defensive Protectorate Pact

The thugz and DMFA have reached a mutual understanding beyond the comprehension of most mortals. Some as comrades in arms, some to watch and protect, and others to point at and laugh...

Warm & Fuzzy Forever,

Tezkat Ebil Kitteh
llearch Cardboard Box Dweller
fisherman Thug Recruiter
kraco Thug Negotiator
Jameson Thug Lord
Sitting Duck BAMF

Thoughts?

On a related matter, fisherman noted that we might get an influx of new guild applicants seeking the protection of the mighty West Side Thug Unit once this treaty goes live. Should we put together a policy of some kind for handling new non-DMFA hopefuls?

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

fisherman

I support this treaty with great enthusiasm!  :mowhappy

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on July 19, 2009, 05:45:31 PM
llearch Cardboard Box Dweller

Technically, I'm not a Cardboard Box Dweller. Unless you mean in a Dweller On The Threshold sort of way.

I'm an Official Doormat, IIRC.

Quote from: Tezkat on July 19, 2009, 05:45:31 PM
On a related matter, fisherman noted that we might get an influx of new guild applicants seeking the protection of the mighty West Side Thug Unit once this treaty goes live. Should we put together a policy of some kind for handling new non-DMFA hopefuls?

Yeah, probably. "We don't lahke your kahnd." ;-]

Quote from: fisherman on July 19, 2009, 05:54:23 PM
I support this treaty with great enthusiasm!  :mowhappy

You would. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

So... our secret love affair with the thugz has been officially announced the world.

Also... we has a cute flag nao... :mowcookie

llearch n'n'daCorna

That mow has no ears. ;-]

Tezkat

Maybe they're hidden under its gangsta style sideways helm? :mowdizzy

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mebbe.

Incidentally, I think I'm catching up with you on Galava. Maybe. Just a bit.

I have a plan for the next three provinces, which I'm wondering how it will work out. We shall see...

Shadrok

Once I've looked over the game guides I may join you guys in this game.

Kasarn

Do you already have an account?
If not, you will want to use a referral link. You get an extra 10k gold (which isn't really much, but free is free) and whomever referred you gets bonuses later on if you stick around. I'd suggest Tezkat's.

The game won't ever delete your account, so it doesn't really matter if you decide to stop playing, take a break or whatever. Of course, you can only accrue 12 collections (i.e. three days).

Tezkat

Your quite welcome to join. The new official tutorial just went up today, which should make things a bit easier.

Should you wish to use my referral link to register, here it is:

http://galava.net/register?ref=377

We both get bonuses when you register that way, which is kinda cool.

In other news...

Helpful notes on war mode, should any of you wish to de-hippify.

The war mode bonus is on the order of +100% to gold and +60% to all resources. It goes into effect after the first collection since transitioning to war mode.

Troops with Call to Arms cost 10 gold and 1 citizen each. The citizen loss is almost revenue neutral at current market prices because of decreased food consumption.

Maintenance for 1000 troops: 493 gold and 25 of each resource
Maintenance for 5000 troops: 1588 gold and 80 of each resource
Maintenance for 10000 troops: 2622 gold and 132 of each resource

Now that everyone in war mode will have Call to Arms, maintaining troop levels somewhere close to your min cap is both prudent and cost effective. Save up for troops (maybe give yourself some wiggle room to compensate for the loss of gold income in the first few collections), hit war mode, collect, buy roughly your min cap in units... PROFIT!!! Seriously, it should pay for itself in a day or so.

Oh, and please remember to upgrade your troops to the best weapons/armour before buying them. Armory upgrades are really expensive on standing armies.

EDIT:

And a quick reminder... You can skip 4 intermediary items now.

e.g. I bought the level 22 weapon for 1+3+5+7+22 = 38 points.

Tezkat

So... the faction system is finally up. It's basically like team colours in CN. It significantly increases trading bonuses and market delivery speeds.

I already buy almost exclusively from guildmates or allies, and all of my current trades are with thugz, so I think joining them in Red would be best, but I figured I'd open the floor to other ideas if anyone else has strong feelings on the matter.

The list of currently claimed factions looks something like this...

Black - GOONS, GOO
Blue - KoT, 1337 (Anumian), Attak (INVADE)
Green - RCi, TAE
Red - thugz, KONG
White - NoR, YGS, SWF

llearch n'n'daCorna

Red works for me. *joins*

I only have trades with Kasarn and Cogidubnus, so I'll probably follow them...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, look.

Someone just started attacking me and Kasarn. Who do we talk to about that?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Galava Conversation History
Title: Hey
User: llearch
Date: September 15 2009 · 02:50 AM

Dutchy - Posted September 15 2009 · 12:51 AM
My offer:

Allow me to ignore your 2 front provinces (ignore them, not plunder) and occupy your 3rd.  In return you lose no soldiers, i return any prog taken via the aid system, and i leave you alone for a while.  This offer expires if you log on, then log off without replying.

llearch - Posted September 15 2009 · 12:55 AM
Ah...

How would I do that, then?

Dutchy - Posted September 15 2009 · 12:57 AM
move your soldiers to last province, wait for me to ignore the first province, then move then move soldiers to the front province again.  I'll take care of the rest.

llearch - Posted September 15 2009 · 01:01 AM
Soldiers are currently in transit, give me a bit to get them all moving in the right direction.

Why the third province, by the way?

Dutchy - Posted September 15 2009 · 01:04 AM
idk second province works too i guess.

Dutchy - Posted September 15 2009 · 01:17 AM
... your soldiers haven't moved.  you have 42,000 sitting there still.

llearch - Posted September 15 2009 · 01:22 AM
Are you in such a rush that I don't get to consider the options?

I mean, honestly, is half an hour going to make all that much difference?

Dutchy - Posted September 15 2009 · 01:23 AM
You said they were currently in transit though.

llearch - Posted September 15 2009 · 01:26 AM
Others in transit. I'm waiting for them to land, so I can move the whole lot in one go, rather than having a whole pile of little packets running in all directions at different rates.

Dutchy - Posted September 15 2009 · 01:30 AM
oh ok then.

llearch - Posted September 15 2009 · 02:50 AM
I've been thinking about it, and I believe I'll decline your kind offer.

Sorry to keep you waiting and all.

Incidentally, you were aware that DMFA is an ally of West Side Thug Unit, right?

Thought you lot might be amused....

Tezkat

Yeah, we kinda dropped the ball as far as self-defence goes. :dface We had a free ride while thugz and KONG were the only ones in war mode, but now that there are large, aggressive hostiles within range, it's no longer safe to remain in war mode without a large standing army. I think open season on DMFA members was inevitable after Dutchy left to form INVADE. His 230k troops represent the upper end of the current threat range, but even smaller non-aligned raiders have well over 100k now. Staying at the min cap won't cut it anymore.

Basically, it seems that the old rule from beta remains valid: Keep building troops. Never stop.

At least, not until you hit your max cap. Rioting apparently hurts like hell. :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh.

Annoyingly, he threw four attacks at me that arrived just TEN minutes before I woke up and logged in. *grrr*

The first was 150k, the other three were 2 each. If I'd been able to CTA, the other three would have bounced horribly, and I wouldn't have lost 25 allegiance each. As it is... next time he attacks, I lose a province. And most of my defences...

I think I'm going to have to have two provinces with full walls. I don't see it lowering my outgoing much, either, so I might just throw up full walls on everything again...

Other than that, meh. CTA and back up to useful levels, but I only killed 4k of his troops. For 46k of mine. I'm not sure if that counts as a loss or not... :-/

Tezkat

Yeah. He didn't hold back. :dface

What's kinda scary is that Dutchy probably isn't even close to his max cap yet. I mean, he's got 9k more land than I do, and my max cap is 264k. :animesweat At this point, he can take out an 80k army without breaking a sweat, and 120k with no real risk of retaliation. I won't even be that big for a week...

Oh yeah. And walls are probably a good idea.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Faction voting:

00:15 <&llearch> whoa re we voting for in the faction elections?
00:16 <~fisherman> sitting duck or kraco or IDK my BFF Jill
00:16 <~fisherman> have 2 DMFA vote for duck
00:16 <~fisherman> i mean 2 for kraco
00:16 <~fisherman> 1 for duck
00:16 <~fisherman> 1 for idk

I voted for SittingDuck. Whoever gets in first gets IDK, and everyone else gets kraco. Yes?

Tezkat

Apparently, Dutchy is interested in peace talks. Maybe not so much with us as with our big bad homiez, seeing as how our own wars have expired. :animesweat Still, as the aggrieved parties, I'm curious to know if y'all have anything you'd be interested in gaining from diplomacy...

:mowcookie

llearch n'n'daCorna

... well, I'd like the week worth of prog, plus the extra resources I appear to have lost, plus the growth that I've missed out on, plus the enjoyment I've lost all back.

Somehow I don't think he's going to supply that, though. And Thugs appear to be having lolz flattening him, and I don't want to disturb that... ;-]

Joe3210

Does the website seem down to y'all?

Funny fact:  Firefox's spellchecker fixed y'all.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

llearch n'n'daCorna

Apparently it's down. And the DB is lost, so we're all three weeks back. :-/

Tezkat

Well, that kinda sucks. I don't even think my castles were done yet back then.

On the other hand, three weeks would put things back before you were raped by Dutchy, no? Might give us a chance to build up without the inconvenience of having the crap kicked out of us first... :animesweat

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mebbe. If so, I'll be dropping instantly into peace mode and building troops.

Knowing my luck, what'll happen is that it'll be mere moments after he declared on me... :-/

fisherman

Galava is down for 2-4 years.

@Tezkat and llearch: Would you guys like to register as thugs you're more than welcome to http://z11.invisionfree.com/West_Side_Thug_Unit/  You can better stay in the loop this way.

llearch n'n'daCorna

already done, some time ago.

Tezkat

Quote from: fisherman on October 03, 2009, 11:31:23 AM
Galava is down for 2-4 years.

@Tezkat and llearch: Would you guys like to register as thugs you're more than welcome to http://z11.invisionfree.com/West_Side_Thug_Unit/  You can better stay in the loop this way.

I've had an account there for ages. You'd just have to re-mask me, I suppose. :3

So... where do the thugz all hang out now that Galava is dead?

fisherman

many of us are playing imperion.  I am not playing anything right now though.