05/07/08 [DMFA #901] - Not Thinking.

Started by AndersW, May 07, 2008, 03:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyuuYareYare

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 08, 2008, 10:11:01 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on May 08, 2008, 09:59:28 AM
I am even more surprised that no one has pointed This out where when Dan met Aliyka the first time in the main comic he said, "when did you become a phoenix"

Actually there have been at least three people pointing that out :P

It looks to me like Aisha got in first for strip 896.  Several possible explanations have been posited - personally I'm putting my faith in Amber and assuming that all will be revealed in time.

yah ive a couple of mistakes in the comic. but i thought ''why would i point out its a webcomic and its not publishing.''
:zombiekun2

Reaver225

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 07, 2008, 08:55:04 PM
Quote from: ChainmailYaoi on May 07, 2008, 04:52:45 PM
Could Hannah become undead? She was decapitated and you nead a head to be undead.

Hannah is undead. I wanted to make it a suprise.  Victory for me.
I am still happily surprised by this outcome. Thus a big smile. :)

ChaoSynergy

Dan: H-Hannah!?  But you were decapitated and dismembered!

Hannah: ...I got better...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on May 08, 2008, 07:13:51 PM
Dan: H-Hannah!?  But you were decapitated and dismembered!

Hannah: ...I got better...

*Dan* "G-Got better?! Your head was off!! :dface How did you reattach it??"

*Hannah, embarrassed* "Duct tape... :sweatdrop"

Tapewolf

I have been getting some weird mental images of Dan running around with Hannah in a backpack, shouting directions and curses at him...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 08, 2008, 07:35:28 PM
I have been getting some weird mental images of Dan running around with Hannah in a backpack, shouting directions and curses at him...

Nah. Hannah can't be C3PO. She is much more calm and collected (even if she is a bit dismembered right now)... ARGH!! Don't give me strange ideas! I'm still thinking about DMFA/Gurren-Lagann crossover! DMFA/Star Wars crossover will be too much for my mind!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 08, 2008, 07:43:15 PM
Nah. Hannah can't be C3PO.
I had actually forgotten about that scene.  That must be what I was thinking of, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaoSynergy

Naldru

Actually, the movie Death Becomes Her discussed a wide range of techniques for cosmetic repair of the undead.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Teroniss

Quote from: Valynth on May 08, 2008, 12:03:16 AM

Where's the "THERE ARE NO VAMPIRES IN THIS COMIC, MORON!" emoticon?...  Or are we getting to that?

Now see, it's assholes like this that are the reason I stopped coming to the forum anymore. If you can't be nice, don't post.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Teroniss on May 09, 2008, 12:53:35 AM

Where's the "THERE ARE NO VAMPIRES IN THIS COMIC, MORON!" emoticon?...  Or are we getting to that?
Now see, it's assholes like this that are the reason I stopped coming to the forum anymore. If you can't be nice, don't post.

I confess, after several of my friends have been scared off this forum...I have been more than tempted to just stop coming myself.  I have been somewhat displeased with the quality the forum as a whole has taken...but I have no real idea of the source or solution. 

While I doubt I will ever do anything dramatic like de-officialize the forum or remove it...I am somewhat distressed at the situation. I mean...I dont really want to go to a place that makes me unhappy.

RyuuYareYare

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 09, 2008, 03:46:17 AM

I confess, after several of my friends have been scared off this forum...I have been more than tempted to just stop coming myself.  I have been somewhat displeased with the quality the forum as a whole has taken...but I have no real idea of the source or solution. 

While I doubt I will ever do anything dramatic like de-officialize the forum or remove it...I am somewhat distressed at the situation. I mean...I dont really want to go to a place that makes me unhappy.

I have a solution. Make evrything Pink! :kirby :ipod :januscat

Valynth

Okay, first of all, way to take my post waaaaaay too seriously.(where's a serious cat when you need it?)

Secondly, if you have a problem with me individually, I would suggest taking it up with me via PM like an adult rather than derail an entire tread into a black hole of angst just because you "feel offended."

Thirdly, the "moron" comment (which as far as I can tell is what you consider insulting) is a reference to this:   :shapeshifters

I'll admit the attempt was ham-handed, but to resort to name-calling and thread derailment is rather unbecoming.

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 09, 2008, 03:46:17 AM

To be honest, I don't think I've been around long enough to have that sort of effect, but if you consider me to be the source of such discomfort, by all means ban away.  I want you to feel happy Amber, because frankly I'm a fan of your comic and if never getting in communication with you or your friends makes you happy I will gladly bow out and never be heard from again.

Angst aside, I think Hannah's revitalization will come just before Dan and Aliyka manage to do serious harm to each other or happen at an awkward time mid-combat if combat does occur.  I've also gotta wonder where Aliyka got the Louisville (a famous type of baseball bat for those who don't know).
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Amber Williams

My source of discomfort is no single individual.  Cause really...if that was the case I would have just found a way to sweep a ban under the carpet.  I dont think any individual person is the cause.

And truthfully, it might just be me. I have been stressed out recently and so perhaps over the course of time, it has just made me be more irritable.  Or perhaps the board is the same and it is me who has changed...but I dont realize it.  There are many possible reasons, which is why I have been very silent on the subject.  I dont want to get people iworked up over it thinking they have somehow caused DMFA's creator to feel unwelcome at her own forum.

I will be honest...I do miss a lot of peeps who used to hang out on this forum...and it has made me being around here a bit less fun.  And it has made me feel less like a member myself so much as a distant authority figure who's only purpose is to provide the content and answer questions.  It is hard to explain really.

But no. There is no single person or reason for this feeling, so no one should fret or worry that they themselves are the source.

Alondro

I'm still here Amber!   :boogie

*Charles IS the problem*

I go die now.   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Madmann135

*hugglepounceglomps Amber*
Without you here things will go really bad really quickly.
And I will miss your lovely posts and that cute Abel immage.

*tries to look as sweet an innocent as possiable but only looks really creepy* Please stay!

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.