AF: Secrets of the Council

Started by Tapewolf, April 01, 2008, 05:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

My conscience will haunt me for breaking Amber's trust, but I have to show the world.  Here, for the first time are two hidden figures from the Creature Council, taken from the original lineart.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/council2.png

P.S. Sorry Amber, but information wants to be free.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RobbieThe1st

I got a copy in case Amber gets the original one taken down! Just PM me for it!

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Kasarn

Why is it a 48-bit PNG file? Did you hide more secrets in the file? :O

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Kasarn on April 01, 2008, 05:16:22 AM
Ooh! I didn't even notice that! I will check - I would assume he *did* hide extra info that he didn't want Amber to see - Also, I would check the last bit in each pixel; data can be stored almost invisibly that way.

-RobbieThe1st

Tapewolf

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on April 01, 2008, 05:25:11 AM
Quote from: Kasarn on April 01, 2008, 05:16:22 AM
Ooh! I didn't even notice that!
Nor did I!

Ren Gaulen

Oh, gods! :dface It explains everything!!! :U

Lucheek

Zina

How could you do this, Tapewolf?
You've ruined everything. How do you sleep at night?

RobbieThe1st

Tape sleeps? I figured he must not need to sleep, what with having his job *and* turning out all the stuff he does - Audio, repaired DMFA strips, coloring his own comic, writing...

AF wise, I am actually surprised that no one ruined it.
Note that in case you were wondering, I was playing along - I have never yet seen a 48-bit PNG file - Although they *might* be around somewhere, as some scanners & cameras work at 16 bits/color+ instead of 8.

-RobbieThe1st

Kasarn

The image Tape uploaded was 16 bit per channel (i.e. 48 bits per pixel). Ren Gaulen uses 16 bit per channel as well (sometimes with an alpha channel, taking it up to 64 bits per pixel).

If you open up the file properties in Windows, it'll tell you the bit depth in the Advanced properties. You can check it in Photoshop if you have it and think that Windows is dumb. I dunno how you can check it in Linux and co.

Anyway, the large file size makes it easy to pick if, like me, you've got a shitty internet connection.

Mwa

All the suspense of wondering what they were is gone! D:

Poofyspikes

Well, crap. I had five bucks on it being a Caterpie.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kasarn on April 02, 2008, 01:41:10 AM
The image Tape uploaded was 16 bit per channel (i.e. 48 bits per pixel). Ren Gaulen uses 16 bit per channel as well (sometimes with an alpha channel, taking it up to 64 bits per pixel).
Interesting.  I'll have to go over the scanner settings and decide whether I want it to keep doing this.  What puzzles me is that I didn't think GIMP supported more than 8 bits per channel yet.

Quote from: Poofyspikes on April 02, 2008, 04:22:51 AM
I had to look that up.

Brunhidden

when the cat is doped up on enough nyquil to make a horse stoned the mice will apperantly trade secrets for money it looks

my mind is blown. not for the question of 'how would he/she play without stabbing the game' but rather 'one of jyjy's sisters is probably dead and a creature assumed her identity' because i somehow doubt kria has the ninjaness to swipe that without doing a victory dance or something that draws attention to herself.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 02, 2008, 04:55:21 AM
Quote from: Kasarn on April 02, 2008, 01:41:10 AM
Interesting.  I'll have to go over the scanner settings and decide whether I want it to keep doing this.  What puzzles me is that I didn't think GIMP supported more than 8 bits per channel yet.

Quote from: Poofyspikes on April 02, 2008, 04:22:51 AM
I had to look that up.
*blink* *blink*
Cool. Firefox loaded it just like any other PNG, same with IrfanView, same with Gimp for that matter. IrfanView says that is a 48-bit color image.

-RobbieThe1st