04/16/08 [DMFA #895] - You are Here.

Started by Dannysaysnoo, April 16, 2008, 05:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2008, 08:19:49 AM
Quote from: Alondro on April 17, 2008, 08:06:58 AM
*Charline hmms*  Note to self, don't put 'you are here' signs in secret lair... may benefit the hero.
Put 'You are here' signs that are mislabeled.

Heh.. Made me go through the Evil Overlord List.
QuoteIf I must have computer systems with publically available terminals, the maps they display of my complex will have a room clearly marked as the Main Control Room. That room will be the Execution Chamber. The actual main control room will be marked as Sewage Overflow Containment.
Can work for wall maps just as easily. :3 But Dark P is not smart enough for even such a simple ruse, I fear.

Brunhidden

heres the question i have- does this map mean that dan is faced with uncommonly stupid minions who NEED a map, or is he faced with the kind of map where the room labeled 'main control room' is actually the execution chamber and the real main control room is labeled 'sewage overflow containment'?

yeah, maps like that can be all kinda sick fun, just like having a big red button labeled 'self destruct' which merely sends a gigawatt of electricity through anyone dumb enough to press it.

although, dan is still alive, which hints at 'minions are stupid and will probably wander aimlessly for hours looking for the lavatory' option. after all, does DP really expect any heroes to pop up? thats what hero traps are for, probably glue traps or even hero poison pellets
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2008, 08:19:49 AM
Quote from: Alondro on April 17, 2008, 08:06:58 AM
*Charline hmms*  Note to self, don't put 'you are here' signs in secret lair... may benefit the hero.
Put 'You are here' signs that are mislabeled.

And set traps that will only catch you if you follow the mislabelled map.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Seth C Triggs

That is a great looking map though. Well done, Amber!

And...OMG Dan(ielle) is so hot. Even with a broken ankle. The flower is such a great touch.

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Reaver225 on April 17, 2008, 04:41:54 AM
That reminds me, why would Dan be stored in a different place than the Amazons? I mean, if they're all sacrifices...

I think the answer is here.

"I think you've scared her Graz..."

They don't think Dan is dangerous.  The Amazons are, and must be kept in a very secure cell.

With regards,
Ted

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ted Schiller on April 17, 2008, 01:21:07 PM
They don't think Dan is dangerous.  The Amazons are, and must be kept in a very secure cell.

... They're probably right.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aleolus

lolz, that is not smart, even for new minions!  New minions get a pamphlet that includes a map and directions to any place they may need to go!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Aleolus on April 18, 2008, 12:31:37 PM
lolz, that is not smart, even for new minions!  New minions get a pamphlet that includes a map and directions to any place they may need to go!

Well, if Dark P was a competent evil overlord, Dan would not have lived to tell about his adventures. So, hurray for the incompetence on the side of Evil!

Brunhidden

actually the pamphlet is worse- then if the hero bumps off any minion he can know where he is, the map he has to blindly stumble uppon the two or three maps scattered in completely random places
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.