Time travel, or why you should never mess with history...

Started by LionHeart, March 22, 2008, 09:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

*snerk*

Although I suspect it should be in the Tower of Art, it's a fuzzy line, since it's not your story. I'll let it slide, I think. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

I dig that story... the picture is just confusing. How the fuck did a baby girl become a boy... and then a baby girl again?
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's a long story, called Ourobouros, IIRC.

Basically, there is a baby girl left on an orphanage steps. She grows up, meets a drifter in a bar, has a one-night-stand with him, gets pregnant, gives birth. During which process it is discovered she's XXY, and has both genetalia, only she can't manage to keep both due to complications during the birth and ends up male. She gives the baby to a bartender for reasons I no longer recall, who takes it off to an orphanage. She, now he, goes drifting with the bartender, who takes the drifter back to meet a young girl in a bar. He and the girl hit it off, and the bartender then takes the drifter back to become a bartender. The bartender finds a specific drifter, takes him back in time to meet up with a specific young girl in a specific bar, and gets the drifter a job as a bartender serving drinks in that same bar. He also picks up the girl 9 months later, takes the baby back to an orphanage, and takes the girl, now a boy, out drifting.

"I know where I came from. Where'd all you guys come from?"

Obviously the original has more punch to it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

TheGreyRonin

First ran across the concept in Heinlein's "-All You Zombies-". I've seen it since multiple times, including on the tv series Red Dwarf.

"Wikihistory" is a pretty funny take on it, though.

Fuyudenki

All You Zombies was good.  Confuses my mom no end, though.(as does the other time-travel story in that collection)  She has a slightly different mental model of time travel than I do, though.(Back to the Future model vs. Bill and Tedd model)

[edit]Oh, that was good.

I find it amusing SilverFox didn't go fix it himself.  I bet he'd already looked into the consequences, and knew what was going to happen.[/edit]