03/12/08 [DMFA #885] - Hallelujah!

Started by AndersW, March 11, 2008, 10:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenji

Are they laser or wave?
Laser... blows. And will irritate. Lots.
Wave... nothing really stops a wave from working. At least that I've seen.

Amber Williams

Looks to be laser.

Not fully sure.

I mean sheesh, I love art, but I cant yet get myself to plunk down 200+ bucks for some of the mice/keyboards they were trying to offer. 

So far it seems to be working just fine. Its just...wierd cause the mouse is shaped somewhat differently so I am not used to the flow.

Eibborn

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 13, 2008, 05:05:41 PM
I will roll whatever the heck I want to roll Box! :U

NOTHING CAN STOP ME!  :mwaha
I can't be the only one who got a song from Katamari stuck in his head from this discussion, can I? Maybe I've been playing it too much today.
o/` Na naa na na nanana na na Katamari Damacy o/`
/kicks the internet over

Naldru

Quote from: Kenji on March 13, 2008, 09:58:32 PM
Are they laser or wave?
Laser... blows. And will irritate. Lots.
Wave... nothing really stops a wave from working. At least that I've seen.
When you say laser or radio wave, are you referring to the method that the mouse uses for detecting motion or the method that mouse uses for communicating with the computer?  I'm not sure, and I have a sneaky suspicion that Amber isn't either.

All of the wireless mice I've seen lately have either been Bluetooth or had their own radio dongle on the computer.

The big thing is to keep Amber happy.  That way, she'll spend less time on the souped up steam-roller which has apparently been equipped with a catapult for launching Acme anvils.  (From what I understand of the posts.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

oh, well, if you -want- more conversation to test the mouse and keyboard with... ;-]

Personally, I -had- a wireless mouse, and while it was cool and all, it tended to eat batteries like no tomorrow. I eventually went back to a standard optical usb mouse.

Keyboards I tend to have wired anyway, as they usually come with -way- long cables, and I'm not usually anywhere away from a desk, other than with my laptop. And if I'm on my laptop, it's got a keyboard on it anyway, so...

I'll be interested in how you get on, longer term, though. It's been a couple years since I last looked into it, and they may have improved...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fuyudenki

I had a wireless mouse and keyboard with a proprietary dongle.  I changed the batteries when the response started getting a little squashy, which was about once a month.  There was no on/off to either the keyboard or the mouse, and they served me well for quite some time.(I keyed five triggers in MW4 to the L,M,R buttons, and wheel up/down and proceeded to visit ownage upon my dad's mechs when we could play.)

more recently, I have a sealed silicone USB keyboard which would theoretically work if submerged in water, though the Shift keys are a bit washy.  I use the mouse that came with my tablet for a mouse, most of the time.

At least, I did until I got a laptop, and now my desktop is having boot trouble due to age, so I primarily use the built-in keyboard and touchpad.  I'm getting really used to a touch pad.  I do have a USB laser mouse, though, which I use when I want to be away from the laptop.(my brother uses his almost exclusively.  We have the same model laptop.)

But what do mice have to do with coloring?  Don't you have a tablet?  Probably a better one than my 4x6 Graphire3.(I'm wanting to save up and upgrade to the large-sized $250 Bamboo Fun, but Nan Desu Kan comes first.)

Naldru

When it comes to computer graphics, it is very much different pen strokes for different folks.  However, since the Photoshop image only appears on the screen, the tablet doesn't gain you as much.  I can definitely understand minor changes in the mouse being disturbing.  I'm the same way with changing keyboards.  As you become better using the keyboards and pointing devices, very tiny changes become very annoying until you've worked with them for a few hours.  Some of the tiny mice (designed for fitting more easily in laptop bags) may never become comfortable.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Fuyudenki

hmm, true.  The Bamboo Fun mouse is an odd shape, which will take some getting used to.  I'm still not entirely sure why they designed it like that.

Far cry from the old boxes with buttons.  I remember a 3-button mouse that was roughly the shape and size of a two-deck playing card box.  I still have a joystick that's nothing more than a button on the end of a rod in a square box.

I should get a Gameport->USB adapter.

Naldru

A mouse the size and shape of a two-deck box would be awkward to handle.  As I recall, the old Sun, HP, Apollo, and Amiga two and three button mice were about the size and shape of a single deck of playing cards.  Which only makes sense, since they were all designed to be held in one hand.

Ralanost

Back to the comic....  is the rabbit supposed to have a Russian accent?  That is all I hear when I read her dialog.

kaskar

8) Is Dan ever going to use the anti-magical properties of his robe to get out, or is he having too much of a good time ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Lucheek

I still give the prize of worst mouse ever to my friend. Her wireless mous doesn't move, but instead has a huge ball on the top that you rotate to move the cursor. I can not see anybody drawing on that (I could barely use the internet on that.)

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Ralanost on March 13, 2008, 11:33:55 PM
Back to the comic....  is the rabbit supposed to have a Russian accent?  That is all I hear when I read her dialog.

What makes you think she has a Russian accent? *ker-Russian accent* I don't see no Rashan aksent zere, comrade. :3

I for some reason see her talk with a slight German accent, or something like that.

Quote from: kaskar on March 14, 2008, 07:06:27 AM

8) Is Dan ever going to use the anti-magical properties of his robe to get out, or is he having too much of a good time ...

Sorry, but the robe does not work that way. It is meant to protect the one wearing it from harm, not break down other's defences.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Incidentally, speaking of Chairman Mow...

... Did you hear that recently a couple of computer geeks in China were executed?

They were caught rolling on the floor, laughing at Mao.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Lucheek on March 14, 2008, 07:16:29 AM
I still give the prize of worst mouse ever to my friend. Her wireless mous doesn't move, but instead has a huge ball on the top that you rotate to move the cursor. I can not see anybody drawing on that (I could barely use the internet on that.)
That is called a "Trackball," and some people swear by them.  I hate 'em.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 14, 2008, 10:35:25 AM

... Did you hear that recently a couple of computer geeks in China were executed?

TGH, do you know what you've done now?  You just killed two Chinese engineers!

thegayhare

Quote from: Volfram on March 14, 2008, 02:12:23 PM
Quote from: Lucheek on March 14, 2008, 07:16:29 AM
That is called a "Trackball," and some people swear by them.  I hate 'em.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 14, 2008, 10:35:25 AM

TGH, do you know what you've done now?  You just killed two Chinese engineers!

I use a trackball my self  I used o have a thumb placed trackball and I loved it.  But I couldn't find a replacement.  My marble maouse isn't as nice but I still prefure it over a regular mouse.

As to the two chinese enginers... this is going to sound racist but there are plenty more where they came from

Fuyudenki

Quote from: thegayhare on March 15, 2008, 03:33:41 PM
As to the two chinese enginers... this is going to sound racist but there are plenty more where they came from

Never said it was a bad thing.  That's two fewer engineers they can stick on projects to nuke the United States.  You deserve a medal of some sort. :mwaha

[DISCLAIMER] I'm being silly!  Don't take it seriously!

Ren Gaulen

Those two engineers were only guilty of lol'ing too hard! >:]