[Comic] 29/09/08 (Project Future Pg. 32 remixed)

Started by Tapewolf, March 01, 2008, 01:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 06, 2008, 07:18:15 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 06, 2008, 07:10:10 PM
...I sooooo want to just tell you who that is, but I think Tapewolf might want to say himself more :B
May as well.  The only reason I haven't named him yet was because you didn't  :3
Anyway, for those who haven't guessed, the incubus is of course, my avatar, Jakob Pettersohn.
I don't quite have enough of the right art to put together a full cast page for him, but that will happen soon (as soon as Ren draws some).
Oh... sorry I didn't get that. I just don't think I've ever seen your avatar outside of... well... your avatar. That's pretty neat. It's like Ren being a badass quasi-demon swordsman.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 06, 2008, 07:18:15 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 06, 2008, 07:10:10 PM
...I sooooo want to just tell you who that is, but I think Tapewolf might want to say himself more :B
May as well.  The only reason I haven't named him yet was because you didn't  :3
I didn't say because I didn't think you'd want me to say! :B Not with the last time I accidentally gave away a little spoiler... I was gonna tell Jairus in a PM anyway :rolleyes

But yes, Jairus. They aren't called "the Chronicles of Jakob Pettersohn" and "The Future History of Jakob Pettersohn" for nothing ;)

Sofox

Hey, so it looks like Mr. Hasselhof finally turned up!
By the way, didn't know he was Jacob, nice surprise!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sofox on September 06, 2008, 10:31:21 PM
By the way, didn't know he was Jacob, nice surprise!
Well, it's pronounced Ya-kob, but yes...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

Tapewolf

One of the things which made me procrastinate over the cast pages is how to handle it when some of the key cast members have multiple identities.
What I decided to do in the end is have both, adding them as if they are separate characters.

Suggestions would be welcome, though.  For instance, I haven't quite decided whether to link between the two identities or not.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I would suggest not, at least, not until their multiple identities are common knowledge in the strip.

And if you do, make sure the cast page notes that "Here There Be Spoilers" type thing...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 07, 2008, 02:20:34 PM
I would suggest not, at least, not until their multiple identities are common knowledge in the strip.
And if you do, make sure the cast page notes that "Here There Be Spoilers" type thing...
The cast index actually has the words "ALLERGY WARNING - may contain spoilers" on it.
However, I have now added Jakob's profile.

EDIT:
I can see Niall and Ashley being a problem, since they're pretty much the same in both of their forms.

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 07, 2008, 02:39:40 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 07, 2008, 02:20:34 PM
The cast index actually has the words "ALLERGY WARNING - may contain spoilers" on it.
However, I have now added Jakob's profile.
Is that a sign I should get plenty of meds?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zedd on September 07, 2008, 02:45:00 PM
Is that a sign I should get plenty of meds?

You should, but we can't get anyone to prescribe them for you; anyone sane enough to do so will run miles from you.. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Just FYI, we're going to be running late on this one again.

Jairus

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 12, 2008, 01:27:35 PM
Just FYI, we're going to be running late on this one again.
How far will it take?

Tapewolf

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on September 12, 2008, 03:05:32 PM
Oh I ment by..How long will it take you two to complete it?
Don't know.  Probably this time tomorrow, but Ren has to finish the lineart first.  Colouring it will likely interfere with my plans to mix down Three Little Pigs, but them's the breaks, as they say.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 12, 2008, 03:13:17 PM
Don't know.  Probably this time tomorrow, but Ren has to finish the lineart first.  Colouring it will likely interfere with my plans to mix down Three Little Pigs, but them's the breaks, as they say.
I'm sorry!!! :cry

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 12, 2008, 03:15:07 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 12, 2008, 03:13:17 PM
I'm sorry!!! :cry
Back to work! *cracks a whip* Then you can draw more SoG stuff!

Tapewolf

I must also add this... the Mac which I'm writing this on, and which I use to composite the comic looks like it may be going the way of Amber's system.  It wouldn't boot immediately yesterday, and again today, it wouldn't spin the disk up until I powered it off and on again.
I'm copying the user data off the disk right now, but if it falls down and can't get back up, we will have a problem.

Best case: nothing happens.  Medium case, I buy a new HDD and reinstall the system.  Maybe try out the Win32 version of ComicLife until I can get it back.  Worst case, I have to go to Cardiff and get the bugger repaired (if it's the mainboard or PSU).

Either way, I think it might be time to buy a spare HDD tomorrow.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 12, 2008, 03:18:05 PM
I must also add this... the Mac which I'm writing this on, and which I use to composite the comic looks like it may be going the way of Amber's system.  It wouldn't boot immediately yesterday, and again today, it wouldn't spin the disk up until I powered it off and on again.
I'm copying the user data off the disk right now, but if it falls down and can't get back up, we will have a problem.

Best case: nothing happens.  Medium case, I buy a new HDD and reinstall the system.  Maybe try out the Win32 version of ComicLife until I can get it back.  Worst case, I have to go to Cardiff and get the bugger repaired.

Either way, I think it might be time to buy a spare HDD tomorrow.
I had Mac problems this week too... I ended up reinstalling from the disks I got with it. Everything works great now! Better than before, even!

I wonder if Safari is working now?

"Upon arriving in London, I discovered they had returned to Cardiff. I followed as Ratty, from Toad of Toad Hall!" - Sorry, Monty Python interlude.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on September 12, 2008, 03:20:18 PM
I had Mac problems this week too... I ended up reinstalling from the disks I got with it. Everything works great now! Better than before, even!
This is definitely hardware, because it can't find the bootloader and the reason is that the HDD is not spinning unless you power-cycle it.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 12, 2008, 03:21:48 PM
Quote from: Jairus on September 12, 2008, 03:20:18 PM
This is definitely hardware, because it can't find the bootloader and the reason is that the HDD is not spinning unless you power-cycle it.
Then I can't help you. Sorry.

*cracks whip at self* Back to work!

Tapewolf

I'll add that I only use the Mac for compositing and captioning, e.g.:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/projectfuture/pf_dev.png

...colouring is done in GIMP under Linux.  I could at a pinch assemble it in that too, but the font would be wrong and the speech bubbles would look crappy.

**EDIT**

We'll be up fairly soon, just as soon as Ren and I thrash out some artistic difference over a circle in one of the panels.

Tapewolf

Okay, after many trials and tribulations, page 30 is up and I have a useless recording of half of my album.  Right now I can really empathise with Joshua in that last panel...

Ren Gaulen

Yay! For once I am actually around to comment on the new page!

..Poor Josh, he really needed that hug. But Tape needs a hug too! *gives Tape a hug* ..It was my fault that he had to colour the page today, so I have to make up for it somehow..

Zedd

Don't worry much now Josh, I now share a hug to you and him Tape  :hug

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 13, 2008, 05:59:44 PM
..Poor Josh, he really needed that hug. But Tape needs a hug too! *gives Tape a hug*

Hugs are much appreciated.  OTOH, if anyone sends me a spare set of audio cards for a Studer A807 Mk1, and/or a VTVM, I'll worship them forever...

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 13, 2008, 06:03:31 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 13, 2008, 05:59:44 PM
..Poor Josh, he really needed that hug. But Tape needs a hug too! *gives Tape a hug*

Hugs are much appreciated.  OTOH, if anyone sends me a spare set of audio cards for a Studer A807 Mk1, and/or a VTVM, I'll worship them forever...

Sorry, all I've got for you is a :hug and my long-distance support. I don't know anything about audio systems aside from plugging them in. The comic looks great though.

Tapewolf

AARGH!   I've forgotten to introduce the character's name again!

Too many people have seen the thing now for me to reroute the dialogue... I guess we'll have to work it into the next page.  That's probably better actually, because it takes place after Josh has calmed down somewhat.  There's a great wall of text lined up for that one anyway, though - adding more of it is going to take some fancy footwork.

EDIT:
Fun fact... Kris was originally supposed to be white, but that didn't work out very well because it looked like I'd forgotten to colour him.  Then, after doing much searching for photos of Arctic wolves, I was going to make him cream-coloured, but that didn't work either because it clashed with the magnolia paint (used throughout in the base so much because it's the cheapest paint you can get).

Brunhidden

when i see the lower left panel all i can think is 'i peed myself' and seriously wonder if theres any consequence to him spending almost the entire comic in his skivvies

also, 'angels can do that too' is an incredibly profound line, i am impressed
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.