02/22/08 [Filler Comic] - it's dead jim

Started by e_voyager, February 22, 2008, 02:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt

Re: "comics take along time to colour"

*DOH!*

:B But it's a flashback .. and tv teaches me flashbacks are always in black and white  :B

Other than that .. I hear crayola makes an easily portable computer replacement colouring devices.. pen-cil cray-ons .. or mar-kers .. or some such nonsence.  ;) (<-- winky face for joking solution)

Remember always colour outside the lines.

For now I guess I'll just watch the bunny  :bunny

GreenReaper

Might be a good opportunity for an upgrade (with Mab sending back her old scanner to Darkmoon). Unfortunately, A3/11.7"x17" scanners suck on price. The lowest price for one I found that gets good reviews is $769 refurbished - and I know that sounds insane, but really, it's a good price for that size of scanner (I'm aware there is another one out there for about $170, but it's not one I feel comfortable recommending).

For A4/letter scans, I use the 4400F. Again, not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either, and it works well.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GreenReaper on February 22, 2008, 07:21:17 PM
Might be a good opportunity for an upgrade. Unfortunately, A3/11.7"x17" scanners suck on price.

Try to get a second-hand or obsolete one.  I'm about to shoot for a Mustek ScanExpress.  My father had one, and although I seem to recall it was tempramental in Windows, the image quality was pretty good (and I can't afford to spent a huge amount).  I'm hoping it will be more stable under Linux.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

CameronCN

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 22, 2008, 07:39:45 PM
Quote from: GreenReaper on February 22, 2008, 07:21:17 PM
Might be a good opportunity for an upgrade. Unfortunately, A3/11.7"x17" scanners suck on price.

Try to get a second-hand or obsolete one.  I'm about to shoot for a Mustek ScanExpress.  My father had one, and although I seem to recall it was tempramental in Windows, the image quality was pretty good (and I can't afford to spent a huge amount).  I'm hoping it will be more stable under Linux.

I dunno, considering the price and how often you'd use the thing, I'd think it'd be better to just scan it in halves and stitch it...

Nino

I personally think you should start on that last mini-arc. I don't know about everyone else, but that was the one I was most looking forward too, and you finished the first two right away and now it's been months... highly disappointing for me =\ Also there have not been that many extra updates and a lot of skipped updates recently. I've been kind of disappointed with the output lately... I hate to say it, it's just that Amber did ask, so I wanted to put in my two cents. Sorry.

Don't litsen to me though, I'm not a paying customer and I'll be reading DMFA no matter what.

GreenReaper

Quote from: CameronCN on February 22, 2008, 10:25:55 PM
I dunno, considering the price and how often you'd use the thing, I'd think it'd be better to just scan it in halves and stitch it...

Or draw everyone as mows, so they take up only half the size.

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: GreenReaper on February 23, 2008, 01:54:28 AM
Quote from: CameronCN on February 22, 2008, 10:25:55 PM

Or draw everyone as mows, so they take up only half the size.

Genius!

NDDR

anyone who has a panic attack over having to wait for the update has no life, theres at least a million other comics that could be read during the break.

i got like 3 dozen archives bookmarked for just incase something like this happens.

a week or 2 isn't a problem to me, i say have a break.

if ya ever in the uk, ireland, spain or switzerland and have a similar problem i can help out. although i doubt the chances of that happening.

AndersW

Quote from: Kattuccino on February 22, 2008, 11:57:13 PM
I personally think you should start on that last mini-arc. I don't know about everyone else, but that was the one I was most looking forward too, and you finished the first two right away and now it's been months... highly disappointing for me =\ Also there have not been that many extra updates and a lot of skipped updates recently. I've been kind of disappointed with the output lately... I hate to say it, it's just that Amber did ask, so I wanted to put in my two cents. Sorry.

Don't litsen to me though, I'm not a paying customer and I'll be reading DMFA no matter what.

Starting on the last mini-arc is a good idea.  I also think Amber could update the Bonus Comics page.  There are plenty of things that you can't find unless you already know about it.  Like this and this and this and this.  And those are just the ones I know about, who knows what else might be out there.

Kayriel

Quote from: NDDR on February 23, 2008, 12:02:15 PM
anyone who has a panic attack over having to wait for the update has no life, theres at least a million other comics that could be read during the break.

i got like 3 dozen archives bookmarked for just incase something like this happens.

a week or 2 isn't a problem to me, i say have a break.

if ya ever in the uk, ireland, spain or switzerland and have a similar problem i can help out. although i doubt the chances of that happening.

-kicks- And what's wrong with not having a life? Personally, I'll be distressed, but I can understand the situation, and I'm hoping Amber does get the other comics buffered so she doesn't have to rush to update on time later.
<3 Abel

Alondro

I can wait a week.  With my grad final coming up, there is nothing that can compare with the stress and horror I feel at knowing I need to be able to remember everything I've ever learned in biology.

And realizing that I can barely even remember what I did yesterday.

Amber can rest, I'll be catatonic for the next week anyway.  X_x
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aurawyn

Guess no one took .. Buy it, use it, Return it seriously.. hehe  :mwaha

Kayriel

Quote from: Aurawyn on February 24, 2008, 01:42:15 AM
Guess no one took .. Buy it, use it, Return it seriously.. hehe  :mwaha

Technologic. Technologic.
<3 Abel

Pagan

I was wondering if someone other than me was thinking of that song when they read that.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

techmaster-glitch

Aurawyn

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Quote from: AndersW on February 23, 2008, 12:10:08 PM
Quote from: Kattuccino on February 22, 2008, 11:57:13 PM

Starting on the last mini-arc is a good idea.  I also think Amber could update the Bonus Comics page.  There are plenty of things that you can't find unless you already know about it.  Like this and this and this and this.  And those are just the ones I know about, who knows what else might be out there.

That will actually be fixed on the next major renovation of her site. Plus, as a bonsu, when it's fixed, it will be fixed in such a way so as to make future bonus updates easier to archive so they don't get lost.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Pagan

Awesome, I kinda want to see some of those guests arts from that one haitus.

Some of those were really nice.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 25, 2008, 12:13:46 PM
This one...
You mean this one, I think. You must watch it in all it's original creepy spawn-of-Terminator-and-Chucky glory.

llearch n'n'daCorna

No, as a matter of fact, I -didn't- mean the original. Daft Hands is worthy in it's own right...

techmaster-glitch

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with Daft Hands. I like Daft Hands, it's awsome. I'm just saying, if perople are going to listen to Technologic, they should watch the original movie.
That way, they are too scared to ever listen to it again >:3

AndersW

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 25, 2008, 01:26:08 PM
Quote from: AndersW on February 23, 2008, 12:10:08 PM

That will actually be fixed on the next major renovation of her site. Plus, as a bonus, when it's fixed, it will be fixed in such a way so as to make future bonus updates easier to archive so they don't get lost.

YES!!!   Thank-you, when will the next major renovation be coming?

llearch n'n'daCorna