02/06/08 [DMFA #875] - Story telling time

Started by Fex, February 06, 2008, 12:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Aleolus on February 06, 2008, 09:27:32 PM
Yay!  Now we find out about DP's first attempt at world-takeover!  Hooray!

Something tells me, that since Dark Pegasus was trying to resurrect some dark god, he may be just a tool in the hands of some higher powers rather than a megalomaniacal supervillain. Heh, it would be "fun" if he manages to summon/resurrect that dark god this time, and Daniel will have to send it back to the other side somehow! Well, at least, that would be fun for some of the readers, but certainly not for Daniel himself...

Naldru

Just a thought.  If Destania does have Dark Pegasus stashed in a back room, maybe we'll get simultaneous flashbacks of the episode from both Dan and Dark Pegasus. Just sending another one up the flagpole to see how many shots it attracts.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Naldru on February 06, 2008, 09:36:38 PM
Just a thought.  If Destania does have Dark Pegasus stashed in a back room, maybe we'll get simultaneous flashbacks of the episode from both Dan and Dark Pegasus. Just sending another one up the flagpole to see how many shots it attracts.

If she has Dark P stashed somewhere, why would she send Daniel to look for him? Just to keep her son occupied? I don't think so.
...Though the image of Dark P (it is now his official name) stuffed into some locker and having a flashback about his previous encounters with Daniel, that I got from your words, is just hilarious.

Kayriel

I'm thinking DP actually is a dragon, though. Look at his wings in the cubi-flashback Dan had, and the chick right before him. They're the same as Pyroduck's, I'd expect bat-wings to be thinner, more dainty, but dragon-wings are thick, robust, like Ducky's and DP's.
<3 Abel

Naldru

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 06, 2008, 09:44:49 PM

If she has Dark P stashed somewhere, why would she send Daniel to look for him? Just to keep her son occupied? I don't think so.
...Though the image of Dark P (it is now his official name) stuffed into some locker and having a flashback about his previous encounters with Daniel, that I got from your words, is just hilarious.

1.  To keep Dan away from Lost Lake while some unfriendly characters were looking for him.

2.  Because she had planted a number of false clues to serve as training exercises to improve Dan's combat skills and increase his chances of survival.

3.  Because she was planning on running a "false flag" operation where she would carry out actions and pretend that they were being carried out by Dark Pegasus.  Dan searching for Dark Pegasus would add to the realism of the scenario.

4.  Because it would be hilarious.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Pagan

Unless Amber is lying to us, both Regina and Dark P are demons.
http://www.missmab.com/Cast/dp.php
http://www.missmab.com/Cast/regina.php

Regina's wings certainly fit under "bat wings," look at thin they are.
And while Dark P's wings do look a bit thicker than "bat wings," I'm pretty sure he's not a dragon.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Kayriel

Quote from: Pagan on February 06, 2008, 10:01:24 PM
Unless Amber is lying to us, both Regina and Dark P are demons.
http://www.missmab.com/Cast/dp.php
http://www.missmab.com/Cast/regina.php

Regina's wings certainly fit under "bat wings," look at thin they are.
And while Dark P's wings do look a bit thicker than "bat wings," I'm pretty sure he's not a dragon.

I always forget the cast pages...

I suppose so, then.
<3 Abel

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Naldru on February 06, 2008, 09:57:28 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 06, 2008, 09:44:49 PM

1.  To keep Dan away from Lost Lake while some unfriendly characters were looking for him.

2.  Because she had planted a number of false clues to serve as training exercises to improve Dan's combat skills and increase his chances of survival.

3.  Because she was planning on running a "false flag" operation where she would carry out actions and pretend that they were being carried out by Dark Pegasus.  Dan searching for Dark Pegasus would add to the realism of the scenario.

4.  Because it would be hilarious.

Daniel has defeated Dark P three times before. He does not need any more training to fight Dark P by now! I bet he would be able to make minced meat out of the old demon this time. While being blindfolded and wielding a spork.

Just kidding. I actually think that the one who "unearthed" Dark P was Regina. She has to show up sooner or later! The story desperately needs some decent antagonists!

pyrohamster

What are you talking about all the antagonists are great

Pagan

What are you both talking about? She's a protanganist! She wants to marry Dan!

Well, protaganist in the sense that she's supporting the main character, not necessarily "good" though...
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Naldru

I wasn't saying that the training was to enable Dan to defeat Dark Pegasus.  (Remember, the hypothesis is that Dark Pegasus is actually stashed in Destania's closet, or perhaps in a small jar in Destania's closet.)  The training would be to prepare Dan so that he could rescue his father.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Naldru on February 07, 2008, 08:11:41 AM
I wasn't saying that the training was to enable Dan to defeat Dark Pegasus.  (Remember, the concept is that Dark Pegasus is actually stashed in Destania's closet, or perhaps in a small jar in Destania's closet.  The training would be to prepare Dan so that he could rescue his father.

Hey, that may be true. I completely forgot about the issue with his father. To rescue him Daniel would probably need some additional training. Anyway, it's never a bad idea to go smite some Evil and level up a bit.

Quote from: Pagan on February 06, 2008, 11:17:36 PM

Well, protaganist in the sense that she's supporting the main character, not necessarily "good" though...

She wants what?! I remember her appearing in the comic only once so far, and only in Daniel's ultra short flashback, but I sure would not want someone like her to be my wife... Then again, I don't really know anything about her. I presume that she is evil, but she might be just confused and misguided! She might turn out to be a very nice person when you get to know her better! But she will probably disembowel you before you manage to learn anything about her...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 07, 2008, 08:47:14 AM
She wants what?!

She wants to marry Dan. Or, at least, to be with him, which, admittedly, is not precisely the same thing...

Dan may or may not wish to marry her, but that's a totally different question, since it concerns his wants, not hers.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 07, 2008, 09:05:23 AM
She wants what?!

She wants to marry Dan. Or, at least, to be with him, which, admittedly, is not precisely the same thing...

Dan may or may not wish to marry her, but that's a totally different question, since it concerns his wants, not hers.

Yes, Regina would make a great antagonist. A slaughterer with an innocent childlike mind. She would either have Daniel all to herself... or have him dead!

Alondro

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 07, 2008, 09:22:17 AM
She wants what?!

Yes, Regina would make a great antagonist. A slaughterer with an innocent childlike mind. She would either have Daniel all to herself... or have him dead!

Kinda sounds like Oasis, from Sluggy.   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on February 07, 2008, 10:14:12 AM

I don't know what is Sluggy and who is Oasis, but I've seen a similar scenario somewhere already. I just can't remember where exactly...

Caswin

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 07, 2008, 10:23:03 AM
Quote from: Alondro on February 07, 2008, 10:14:12 AM

I don't know what is Sluggy and who is Oasis, but I've seen a similar scenario somewhere already. I just can't remember where exactly...
I don't think it's really that rare a scenario.  (Besides, I never even found Oasis that childlike.)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sluggy is www.sluggyfreelance.com - Oasis is a character from the webcomic therein, a ninja assassin mercenary of sorts. Very very good at what she does, but somewhat conflicted due to some psychological messing about.

Since there's seven or eight years worth of history, I'm summing -very- briefly.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 07, 2008, 11:28:39 AM

Sluggy is www.sluggyfreelance.com - Oasis is a character from the webcomic therein, a ninja assassin mercenary of sorts. Very very good at what she does, but somewhat conflicted due to some psychological messing about.

Since there's seven or eight years worth of history, I'm summing -very- briefly.

Thank you. I didn't get what Alondro was talking about at first, but now I understand. I used to read Sluggy Freelance some time before, but I hardly remember anything about it now...

TheDeere

Just a little correction, I think sluggy's at www.sluggy.com . :>

It's good to see Dan interact with his WarpAci, it's been pretty shy until now. I'd been wondering when he'd start to socialize with it. I get the feeling it'll come in handy in the trials to come, too!

llearch n'n'daCorna

ah, buggery. I knew I should have checked.

Thanks for the correction.