02/01/08 [DMFA #873] It's a doppleganger!

Started by Pagan, February 01, 2008, 12:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

Quote from: Cirawyn on February 01, 2008, 06:37:03 PM
Oh, and we also now know that Dee's clan marking is from the hips down (hidden by the pants she was wearing when she looked like Biggs)

:mowcookie
Unless it's under the green headband.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jakon

If I were Dan I'd be thinking "How would Biggs know what a warp-aci is?"

Zedd

Quote from: Jakon on February 02, 2008, 01:16:21 AM
Maybe so...But Dans an idiot and very guiliable...So it will take awhile till the boomawrang come back and hit him back

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jakon on February 02, 2008, 01:16:21 AM
If you were Dan, Dan would be you. Do you really want that? :B
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Cvstos

Quote from: AndersW on February 01, 2008, 08:22:48 AM
It appears that Amber got a new steamroller for Christmas, and is taking it for a test-drive.  I wonder how much insurance costs for a steamroller?

And in honor of this huge surprise...

Wow!  I watch that movie, and THEN read this threat and see this.  Freaky.

And this was a great comic.  I love these plot twists.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

WhiteFox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 01, 2008, 09:30:51 PM
... oh yeah? What's that coming off the road in front of it? ;-]

Must've hit an Aci. Or two. I mean, the whole front of the wheel is black.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

kaskar

8) It seems that Dan is under the watchful eye of a drunken Warp-Aci . Not really effective protection .....
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Cirawyn

Quote from: Naldru on February 01, 2008, 11:47:15 PM
Oh, and we also now know that Dee's clan marking is from the hips down (hidden by the pants she was wearing when she looked like Biggs)

I kinda doubt its under the headband, because we've seen Dee's forehead uncovered before, and there hasn't been a clan symbol there. but i could be wrong.

Cirawyn

Quote from: Naldru on February 01, 2008, 07:52:56 PM
I would like to throw out an idea for your consideration.  Perhaps Destania was the one who stole Dark Pegasus's body and has it stashed in a back room.  That way, sending him after Dark Pegasus would be a way to get him away from Lost Lake for a while without putting him in danger.

that is a possibility, considering the note left at the grave. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_858.php
Or the note leaver could be referring to someone else's body, who DP will kill. dunno.

kaskar

Quote from: Cirawyn on February 02, 2008, 04:42:10 AM
I would like to throw out an idea for your consideration.  Perhaps Destania was the one who stole Dark Pegasus's body and has it stashed in a back room.  That way, sending him after Dark Pegasus would be a way to get him away from Lost Lake for a while without putting him in danger.

that is a possibility, considering the note left at the grave. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_858.php
Or the note leaver could be referring to someone else's body, who DP will kill. dunno.

8)  That sounds a bit too simple and straight here. Must be a twist somewhere ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Madmann135

Dan is a pain, suffering and heroic cubi.  So in other words I think Dee is sending Dan on a goose chase and possiably gaining energy for something bad that could be in the future.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Naldru

Quote from: kaskar on February 02, 2008, 05:48:40 AM
Quote from: Cirawyn on February 02, 2008, 04:42:10 AM

8)  That sounds a bit too simple and straight here. Must be a twist somewhere ...
It would also explain the question mark after the title of this arc.

Edit:

If you want a twist, Destania could have arranged some training exercises for Dan.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

e_voyager

amber and fluffy in grass skirts and coconut bra's? yeah i can see that coming unless Nintendo has captured her attention when it's time to twist like before.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

WhiteFox

Quote from: Zedd on February 02, 2008, 01:20:06 AM
Maybe so...But Dans an idiot and very guiliable...So it will take awhile till the boomawrang come back and hit him back

Dan isn't stupid. He just has a limited field of skill
Quote from: Cirawyn on February 02, 2008, 04:39:29 AM
Quote from: Naldru on February 01, 2008, 11:47:15 PM

I kinda doubt its under the headband, because we've seen Dee's forehead uncovered before, and there hasn't been a clan symbol there. but i could be wrong.

A lot of her back remained obscured for the duration of the story. It could be in the small of her back, or between the shoulder blades like Abel's.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Eibborn

Nah, Dan would've seen it, even if we didn't. And Dan has to know enough about Cubi by now to guess what it is, or at the very least suspect. He would probably even recognise it! After all, it's plastered all over everywhere from his bedroom to his warp-aci
/kicks the internet over

meany

And now for something completely different: Biggs looks surprisingly cute with green eyes.

That is all.

Seth

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on February 01, 2008, 09:27:15 AM
Quote from: Goatmon on February 01, 2008, 05:32:35 AM
Quote from: TapewolfWhat disturbs me is that she actually has sent her only son off to attack a 700-year-old demon who left him clinically dead the last time.

Who do we know who's much stronger than Dan, who's also easy to manipulate? 
Besides, he's killed DP multiple times already; If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

This should be very interesting.  Issue #388 left some sort of suggestion of a link between DP and Destina (or some event that involved the two.), if DP is truly back I hope whatever it may be gets revealed.

Uhh, you do know that was his imagination and had almost no relevance to the DMFA reality at all, right?
If you know what I did... Then kudos to you.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Seth on February 02, 2008, 03:30:57 PM
Uhh, you do know that was his imagination and had almost no relevance to the DMFA reality at all, right?
Unless you know something we don't, it's more than likely a memory/flashback from the first or second time he defeated Dark Pegasus.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ramsey

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 01, 2008, 03:59:18 AM
Quote from: Ramsey on February 01, 2008, 02:05:26 AM
Very disturbing to know that she hit her own son.Child abuse! :(

wtf. When did you get back Ramsey D:

It involves an epic journey detailing one mans struggle to find out who he really is and the friends he makes along the way.

I pretty much was busy with stuff and decided to re-visit ye olde forums.

Kenji

Quote from: Ramsey on February 02, 2008, 04:35:23 PM

It involves an epic journey detailing one mans struggle to find out who he really is and the friends he makes along the way.

They kicked you out of the cool clubs, didn't they?

Ramsey

Quote from: Kenji on February 02, 2008, 10:39:40 PM
Quote from: Ramsey on February 02, 2008, 04:35:23 PM

I think you have to be able to get into those before they can actually kick you out. ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kenji on February 02, 2008, 10:39:40 PM

The Georgie Pie Kids Club is a cool club?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

what is creepier that They way Destina is behaving or the fact that Biggs is completely unconcerned with have a half necked version of himself enter the room while he's in the hot tub?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: zopey on February 01, 2008, 02:40:18 AM
she did a really good impression of biggs. i can see why dan was duped. he prob should have checked for ID or some thing but you know what they say "you see what you expect to see"

Psychic paper?

celelorien

it occurs to me that Biggs knowing about Fi wouldn't be that much of a hint, as she was seen while he was in the room (even if it were only to say "Ooh! Minibar!") though perhaps the minibar was IN the room... meh.

also, duly noted is that Dad DID grab her and yank her forward by the chain around her neck first, as well as nearly threaten her... and in my house, once you've attacked the momma, she's free to whack ya back.   :<  it's not child abuse, it's "you picked a fight with the wrong person, hombre"  :P

Naldru

Quote from: e_voyager on February 03, 2008, 03:05:26 PM
what is creepier that They way Destina is behaving or the fact that Biggs is completely unconcerned with have a half necked version of himself enter the room while he's in the hot tub?
Given the fact that she was the professor of torture and pain, I suspect she has a very good idea of being anatomy.  After all, when she ripped off the flesh, she saw them both inside and out.

I also suspect that some of Destania's statements were direct quotes of what Biggs had said, and that he still has some image of his naked body impressing her, or at least a feeling that he should believe that her naked body should impress her.