01/28/08 [DMFA # 871] - It's all about the win-win

Started by Damaris, January 27, 2008, 11:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Volfram on January 28, 2008, 06:51:00 PM
...Dark Pegasus knows that Dan is Dee's child.

Oh my gods... I even voiced DP for that strip!  How the heck could I have forgotten that?

QuoteWhy does he even bother coming back to life?  He's going to get Dan sent after him, and if he manages to actually kill Dan, he's going to have the former head of SAIA's pain and torture department wanting to give him some... pain and torture.
I don't know if she'd do that.  If I were a 'Cubi who was several times older than Christ and DP killed my son, I'd cut straight to the part where I ensure he never gets resurrected again  :B

QuoteFor Biggs, we call this win/win.  For DP, we call this lose/epic lose.
I'm not sure we call this win/win for Biggs.  Regardless of the outcome for Dan, I think Biggs will be in for a substantial portion of lose when she finds out that he sent her only son off to kill a demon.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Unless Destania believes Dan can take Dead Pegasus, no worries, and set up with Biggs to get Biggs to send Dan out after DP...

Nah. That's -too- Machiavellian.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2008, 07:30:42 PM

Oh my gods... I even voiced DP for that strip!  How the heck could I have forgotten that?

I'm not surprised.  I forgot it, too, until halfway through my thinking out the cause/effect ramifications for that post.

WhiteFox

Wizards coin toss: heads I win, tails you lose.

I think Dan killing DP coincides with both Biggs and Destanias goals, she just doesn't want Dan to see her right now. Cause then she'd have to go through several strips of exposition that amber doesn't want us to know yet.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Angel

That evil little smirk on Biggs's face made my day. I guess evil really DOES run in the family. Why would DP bother with Biggs though? Or did he not mean on purpose, just that by circumstance their plans get tangled?

And dammit! Now I wanna know more about Mr. and Mrs.-San!

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Eibborn

If I had to guess, I'd say that the wine Biggs is selecting is for him to share with Destania, just as soon as Dan gets on the road and out of his hair.  >:3
/kicks the internet over

Seth

Question: If Dan does die, what's Fa'Lina going to do?  :U
If you know what I did... Then kudos to you.

AndersW

Fi is currently getting drunk at the mini-bar, so Dan will likely leave him there.  When Fi sobers up he will ask where Dan went, and be told that he went to kill a 700 year old Demon.  Fi will go tell Abel that Dan is doing something "very stupid and dangerous."  The thing is that Fi at this point has lost track of where Dan is, and therefore Abel will not know where Dan is.

e_voyager

there are more ways to fail Horatio then are written in your high score table.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Amber Williams

Quote from: e_voyager on January 29, 2008, 02:03:45 PM

...what the hell did you just type. 

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2008, 01:34:07 PM
And Abel is seriously going to have kittens when he finds out about this.

Now I want a little cheetah-Cubi kitten D-:

pyrohamster

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 28, 2008, 01:35:32 PM
Quote from: Kayriel on January 28, 2008, 01:30:59 PM
Stupidly Dangerous
Stupidly||Dan||gerous

Apparently Dan is right smack in the middle of stupidly dangerous. =D

No, "y da" is right smack in the middle of "stupidly dangerous"...
lol :)

CameronCN

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 29, 2008, 02:29:01 PM

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--Hamlet

Naldru

Quote from: CameronCN on January 29, 2008, 06:59:35 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on January 29, 2008, 02:29:01 PM

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--Hamlet
Of course, I still don't have any idea what e_voyager was trying to say.  Perhaps he's saying that there are alot of ways that the characters can mess things up.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kayriel

Sad thing is. Knew what he was getting at, knew the original quote, still have no idea what he's trying to do.

Also, Abel kittens? Hell yes, Kayriel wants Abel kittens. =3
<3 Abel

llearch n'n'daCorna

--Hamlet

Oh, we recognised the quote. It was what spanky was trying to do with it that wasn't clear...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 29, 2008, 08:03:35 PM
--Hamlet

Oh, we recognised the quote. It was what spanky was trying to do with it that wasn't clear...

sorry i kind of when to sleep right after post that but i'll try to clear it up. if i can remember my state of mind properly i was saying that to Biggs this is all a game and as much as it may seem win win he could still lose Bigg. like a good drama  all things could tumble down around his ears even if Dan does succeed Dp could tell him all he needed to know to truly kibosh Bigg's plan and stet his sister free on him for her revenge just when he thinks thing are as bad as they can get. on top of that he'll still have to deal with Dee when she comes back. but then i was still pretty much half sleep when i posted that. i'm most creative and least senseable a few hours after i get off of work and i'm normally up for more hours that is wise.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

AnizInDisguise