Spot the difference

Started by Tapewolf, January 15, 2008, 03:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Call it an attack of curiosity, or insanity, but I began to wonder what Abel would look like without the spots.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/abel_nospots1a.png

There's another version without even the freckles:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/abel_nospots2a.png

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kayriel

Then he wouldn't be cookies and cream. D= We love Abel just the way he is!
<3 Abel

WhiteFox

If you took the cream out of his hair, he'd look...

Kinda...

Like Dan? :U

COINCIDENCE!?!?
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Kayriel

Post withdrawn.
<3 Abel

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kay, there's the minor issue of Cid (and not Aniz) died before Abel was born... and Abel was born, oh, about 374 years before Dan. See their cast pages; Dan is 25, Abel 399. This makes Dan's pappy ... what, a full Cubi and -also- Cid's brother? Though Cid isn't Cubi?

Or were you thinking Aniz could be Edward's brother? Then... why does Destania have to be Cubi?

I think you're slipping a few gears, there. Maybe you'd like to stop, think about it, and try again?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Poofyspikes

Wow, in two posts there's been so much half-assed speculation that there may very well be a full ass in there somewhere.  :U

Honestly, Abel doesn't look all that different to me - even without the freckles.

Tapewolf

There is a theory that Edward Ti'Fiona is actually Aniz' latest disguise, a theory not without merit (explains why Dee didn't kill him, and there are no pictures of Edward's bare wrist where Aniz' clanmark would be).  But discussing that wasn't really the purpose behind posting the images...

Sid

You have way too much free time, but the result certainly looks interesting! :)
:boogie

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on January 15, 2008, 04:10:56 PM
You have way too much free time, but the result certainly looks interesting! :)
I figured it would be a good way to get back into practice for the YouTube version of Disasters.

Kayriel

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 15, 2008, 03:58:31 PM
Kay, there's the minor issue of Cid (and not Aniz) died before Abel was born... and Abel was born, oh, about 374 years before Dan. See their cast pages; Dan is 25, Abel 399. This makes Dan's pappy ... what, a full Cubi and -also- Cid's brother? Though Cid isn't Cubi?

Or were you thinking Aniz could be Edward's brother? Then... why does Destania have to be Cubi?

I think you're slipping a few gears, there. Maybe you'd like to stop, think about it, and try again?

Not so much slipping as I don't have several pages open to research every post I make. On top of stressful family issues and rampant ADHD, these things like to pop up every so often. I'll just have to ask you to politely bear with me. Same for Poofyspikes, as I don't really appreciate that response.

What, might I ask, was the purpose? So we can get this thread back on track.
<3 Abel

Roureem Egas

Hmm...personally I think that without the spots, his slimness is highlighted. He'd probably be called Vanilla or something then, but that doesn't seem as amusing. I'm pretty used to seeing the spots.

Poofyspikes

Quote from: Kayriel on January 15, 2008, 04:31:08 PM
Same for Poofyspikes, as I don't really appreciate that response.
And I don't appreciate ridiculous speculation. :D

Quote from: Roureem Egas on January 15, 2008, 04:48:42 PM
Hmm...personally I think that without the spots, his slimness is highlighted. He'd probably be called Vanilla or something then, but that doesn't seem as amusing. I'm pretty used to seeing the spots.
So, basically, Abel would be

Kenji

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kayriel on January 15, 2008, 04:31:08 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 15, 2008, 03:58:31 PM

Not so much slipping as I don't have several pages open to research every post I make. On top of stressful family issues and rampant ADHD, these things like to pop up every so often. I'll just have to ask you to politely bear with me. Same for Poofyspikes, as I don't really appreciate that response.

What, might I ask, was the purpose? So we can get this thread back on track.

Off the top of my head, I called 375 and 25. I'll admit I then went and looked them up, though.

The problem is rampant, obviously erroneous speculation annoys Amber. When she's annoyed enough, she takes time off to calm down. That's time during which she isn't doing the comic. Call it self-interest if you like. ;-]

I'll admit it could have been done better, but, well, you want some slack for your ADHD. I'd like some for my grumpiness. Shall we call it even, and go on with our day?

As for the purpose of the thread, see Tapewolf's comment earlier - it's just because he could, and he was practicing for some other work. *shrug*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Pagan

That was some nice photo editing, what software did you use?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on January 15, 2008, 06:52:53 PM
That was some nice photo editing, what software did you use?
GIMP 2.3 under Linux.  If you've seen the Warrior For Hire video, you'll notice that I removed all the speech bubbles.  The same kind of image reconstruction applies, whether you're removing the debris from a speech bubble, redrawing a hedge that wasn't there in the original strip, or removing spots from Abel.

As llearch says, it was one of those 'because I can' moments, and I thought people might find it interesting.

**EDIT**
Here's one of DP's castle:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/141_full.png
...at AC, I managed to see the original lineart for that one and I'm happy to say I was pretty much spot-on.

Pagan

I've been having a few of those "because I can" moments. Although mine are more "hey, what does this do?" and "can I do that?" type moments.

Basically I've just been making cutouts of the characters, I take the strip, erase everything except the character that I want. Been doing it in MS paint.

I did try to remove a speech bubble and man, that was tedious. Not sure if it was my lack of skill with Paint, or Paint's lack of features, but I ended up just erasing the bubble and line, then going back and adding individual lines of colour that matched Amber's shading.

Oh, and since you mentioned it, that youtube vid is so full of win, Tapewolf, it really is.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Pagan on January 15, 2008, 07:31:38 PM
I've been having a few of those "because I can" moments. Although mine are more "hey, what does this do?" and "can I do that?" type moments.

Basically I've just been making cutouts of the characters, I take the strip, erase everything except the character that I want. Been doing it in MS paint.

I did try to remove a speech bubble and man, that was tedious. Not sure if it was my lack of skill with Paint, or Paint's lack of features, but I ended up just erasing the bubble and line, then going back and adding individual lines of colour that matched Amber's shading.

Oh, and since you mentioned it, that youtube vid is so full of win, Tapewolf, it really is.
Well, it is easier to do in Gimp/Photoshop, much easier, however, if you have a lot of time on your hands, Paint is fine... and what comes out generally looks very good! Paint is also good for pixel art, and the modification of said pixel art.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

kaskar

Quote from: Roureem Egas on January 15, 2008, 04:48:42 PM

8)  With the spots, does that make him Vanilla Choc chip  ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Goatmon

Quote from: Kenji on January 15, 2008, 05:56:10 PM
But nowhere near as tasty.

I'm sure someone at Saia would disagree. 

Kenji

Quote from: Goatmon on January 16, 2008, 08:37:21 AM
Quote from: Kenji on January 15, 2008, 05:56:10 PM
But nowhere near as tasty.

I'm sure someone at Saia would disagree. 

SAIA? There are people here who would disagree.