12/28/07 [DMFA #858] - Stay Dead! No Cookie!

Started by Cogidubnus, December 28, 2007, 12:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDeere

A Dark Pegasus arc? Yes!! This shall rock! And thanks for the update, Amber, my other fave webcomics are all still taking a holiday. It's clear as to who really loves us! :>

Akisohida

Man, if I was Dan and I ran into DP AGAIN, I would probably stab him in the face at least seventeen times to make sure he stayed dead..Or implant him with a wee bomb in a fingertip that is triggered by a sudden shock..like the pulse of blood filling his veins again. Get the dang necromancer that keeps bringing him back!

'Arise! ARISE!' *Beeeeeeeeeep* DP & Necromancer: Awww heck. *Boom* :mwaha
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Sid

Hmmmm... the new arc's summary (see Archive page) sounds interesting... and also note the question mark in the arc's title...
:boogie

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on December 28, 2007, 04:41:11 PM
Hmmmm... the new arc's summary (see Archive page) sounds interesting... and also note the question mark in the arc's title...
Somehow that summary makes me feel depressed...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 28, 2007, 05:02:42 PM
Quote from: Sid on December 28, 2007, 04:41:11 PM
Somehow that summary makes me feel depressed...

Well, it sure doesn't sound like happy-sunshine for Dan. :/
:boogie

Hellcat

mother of all flashbacks? Wow I'd hate to be a fae right about now

Naldru

Quote from: Eibbor_N on December 28, 2007, 03:53:09 AM
It doesn't really seem to be his style, to leave a note. But then, who knows how he behaves while not being a super villain?
Remember that it wasn't Dark Pegasus who left the note.  It might have been one of his minions or somebody else with nefarious plans.  The note also said that a body would be returned, but not necessarily the body of Dark Pegasus.
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 28, 2007, 05:22:14 AM
If this turns into 'Dark Pegasus vs Merlitz' I shall not be a happy bunny  :P
If you take a look at the archive page, you will see that the brief appearance of Merlitz occurs before this arc starts.

It also doesn't say who is going to have the flashback.  It could be Dan or Dark Pegasus or even Kria (perhaps Dark Pegasus was an old flame of hers).  My assumption is that something in the description will prove to be literally true rather than a figure of speech.  (Perhaps little tiny DP minions tying Dan down like Gulliver in Lilliput.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tycoon

I'll bet 10 virtual bucks that Dan will die at the end of this arc after an epic battle with DP.  :B

bill

Quote from: Tycoon on December 28, 2007, 08:01:04 PM
I'll bet 10 virtual bucks that Dan will die at the end of this arc after an epic battle with DP.  :B
more like 1000 virtual bucks.

Akisohida

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 28, 2007, 08:06:28 PM
Quote from: Tycoon on December 28, 2007, 08:01:04 PM
more like 1000 virtual bucks.

Amber..Make sure Dan does not die at all so they both loose some virtual bucks. :D
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

GabrielsThoughts

Obviously the dirt had a high grade clay content that can be used to form Homoculi or Gohlems...

which may or may not grant DP a new shapeshifting ability. If that WERE the case, there of course would be mass and density limitations related to the composition of sand.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Don

I think Dp isn't going to fight dan again, I don't know why but I have a feeling that he's just going to give up on the whole dark god thing and find a new hobbie...

Nope...scratch that, maby dp is  going to actually  revive the dark  god  or at least have some really powerfull thingie...

icarus

Quote from: Black_angel on December 28, 2007, 10:39:13 AM

Quote from: AndersW on December 28, 2007, 12:41:05 AM
Is it just me or does the short guy have a black eye?  If not what is that around his left eye?

Maybe he's a Clockwork Orange fan.

this was my immediate thought

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

GabrielsThoughts

I think its a tattoo, I've seen it somewhere before, but I read so many comics, (Web based, Japanese, and American) that my memory is failing me at the moment.

EDIT: For all I know he/she could be a random henchman or a reference to something naughty.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Grenn

Heh, it's Clockwork Orange :p

I knew I'd seen it somewhere. Why I didn't register it was from that I'll never know :D

Illusionist

Note that no gender pronouns are used in relation to Alex DeSmall's date...could this lead to some midget-on-midget lovin'?

AndersW

I'm missing something, I know it.  Could someone please explain what Clockwork Orange is and what it has to do with this comic.

Faerie Alex

Ooh, here's one no one's said yet...what if resurrecting DP is somehow a part of Mab's plan (see #847). Really, it's just pure speculation, but it's a thought.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on December 29, 2007, 09:50:06 AM
I'm missing something, I know it.  Could someone please explain what Clockwork Orange is and what it has to do with this comic.

A Clockwork Orange was a violent book by Anthony Burgess, which was made into a cult film in 1971 by Stanley Kubrick and featuring a remarkable electronic score by synthesizer pioneer Walter Carlos (later Wendy).  Rated X in the UK, it was eventually banned/withdrawn after a number of alleged copycat attacks whereby tramps were beaten up by gangs of youths singing 'Singing In The Rain' and only rereleased (18-rated) after Kubrick died.

The iconic symbol of the film is of a leering Malcolm McDowell wearing a single false eyelash.
The second frame of the strip bears an uncanny resemblance to this.

AndersW

Quote from: modelincard on December 29, 2007, 10:03:41 AM
Ooh, here's one no one's said yet...what if resurrecting DP is somehow a part of Mab's plan (see #847). Really, it's just pure speculation, but it's a thought.

Mab is not going to be behind every conspiracy in existence.  She may know about it, but I would be very surprised if she is behind it.

And thanks for the explanation Tapewolf.

Kenji

I have but one thing to say.
I hope he doesn't have plans for any fae again. I mean... especially if Jyrras was there. After seeing his reaction to Azlan in a loincloth, I don't think he could handle the "captivity costume" from last time...

rt

Hmm I smell trouble .. the IOU was for a body .. but not the same body
:U *dum-dum-dum*  :U

Kenji

Are you sure thats trouble you're smelling?
And not the scent of rotting flesh?

Aleolus

Actually, there is no inidication that I can see that this is DP's grave.  It could be some random demon who's ten times worse than DP could ever be!  Someone, get Kria!  When Kria Soulstealer kills someone, they STAY dead!

thegayhare

Quote from: Aleolus on December 29, 2007, 12:02:11 PM
Actually, there is no inidication that I can see that this is DP's grave.  It could be some random demon who's ten times worse than DP could ever be!  Someone, get Kria!  When Kria Soulstealer kills someone, they STAY dead!

only because it's so damn hard to reconstruct a functioning body from horse poop

Tapewolf

Actually, there is no inidication that I can see that this is DP's grave.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_191.php

The statue is the same.  The plaque is missing, but hey, Amber hasn't drawn it for years.  Heck, Dan might have vandalised it one drunken night...

Aleolus

It's still not definitive proof that this is DP being raised from the dead.

Oh god, Dark Pegasus as a zombie!   :zombiekun2  That would be both hilarious and scary!

I still say Dan should get Kria's help getting rid of him this time.

M

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 29, 2007, 12:52:19 PM

The statue is the same.  The plaque is missing, but hey, Amber hasn't drawn it for years.  Heck, Dan might have vandalised it one drunken night...

That, and the new arc is called "The Return of Dark Pegasus?" While it's a question, it's a very strong clue that he's involved in some way.

Aleolus

Quote from: Marmonstein on December 29, 2007, 12:58:41 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 29, 2007, 12:52:19 PM

That, and the new arc is called "The Return of Dark Pegasus?" While it's a question, it's a very strong clue that he's involved in some way.

...*goes to check*  Dammit, how could I have missed that!  Well, I guess it's official, then, DP's back!

Hermie

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN....

*announcer voice* Now it's time to play the world's favorite game- Whodunnit! Who robbed the grave and stole a body?

And what are they going to do with all that dirt?