Amber's health issues

Started by Aleolus, January 18, 2008, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleolus

OK, this is mostly a thread for people to wish Amber their get-well wishes whenever she falls ill!

However, I am suspicious of how often she's been complaining about being sick.  Now, I'm not doubting our great Amber, however I do suspect one of two things.  Either she's a hypochondriac (doubtful), or there's a conspiracy to try to get DMFA to die by making the author so busy and/or otherwise occupied she forgets about it!  We must get to the bottom of this!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Or, maybe, she's working hard enough and pushing herself enough that she's running tired.

Which makes it much easier for her to get sick. :-(
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bizun

:mob
Mrs. Williams!
Due all respect,
get well at once!!
And do not get sick ever again.
this is an order.
------------------------------------------------
The life of rose
is short
and has only painful things

HAYASHI Fumiko

Alondro

Nah.  I work hard all the time in a hospital setting, often without sleep for two nights a week.  And I never get sick!

It's because she's in Canada, and her American blood is rejecting the transplantation! 

*making fun of Canada is fun!  Just because.*  :boogie
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

Does Canada providing us with Pamela Anderson make up for their supplying William Shatner?

I find the problem with her health more likely to be the Canadian weather (snow, cold, more cold, followed by a blizzard) and what they place on the french fries.

However, I agree that we should hope for the best of health for Amber.

And if she doesn't get better, threaten her with the prospect of singing mounties appearing at her door to sing filk songs.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Alondro

Quote from: Naldru on January 18, 2008, 05:25:00 PM

And if she doesn't get better, threaten her with the prospect of singing mounties appearing at her door to sing filk songs.

Uhm, mightn't that make things worse by causing her to contemplate suicide?   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jakon

Does Canada providing us with William Shatner make up for their supplying Pamela Anderson?

FTFY

Naldru

Well, I think that we can agree that Canada providing us with James Doohan (Scotty) makes up for an awful lot of strange exports from Canada.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Don

I find the problem with her health more likely to be the Canadian weather (snow, cold, more cold, followed by a blizzard).

Yep, sounds like our weather, either global warming needs to hurry up, or I need to migrate to a warmer climate cause it's way too cold here for my liking.

Quote from: Alondro on January 18, 2008, 05:16:14 PM
*making fun of Canada is fun!  Just because.*  :boogie

no kidding eh?

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 18, 2008, 02:54:37 PM
Or, maybe, she's working hard enough and pushing herself enough that she's running tired.

Which makes it much easier for her to get sick. :-(

Quoted for truth, I don't even really know how much work these comics actually take but I'm guessing it's alot and with amber staying loyal to her updates sometimes even bringing them early, getting sick from exaustion is very likly.

I already said this once but I'm going to say it again to show my support.

Get well soon Amber.

LionHeart

Quote from: Naldru on January 18, 2008, 05:25:00 PMAnd if she doesn't get better, threaten her with the prospect of singing mounties appearing at her door to sing filk songs.

Someone call for singing Mounties?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Naldru

After writing about the singing mounties, I thought about the Dudley Doright movie.  I'm not sure if that's been seen in Canada yet.  At least, I haven't heard of Canada declaring war on the United States in retaliation. 

Edit:  I wonder if SAIA has a school anthem.  Sort of like the Adams Family motto as expressed by Morticia in Addams Family movie: We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: 96Zack96 on January 18, 2008, 11:10:44 PM
Quoted for truth, I don't even really know how much work these comics actually take but I'm guessing it's alot and with amber staying loyal to her updates sometimes even bringing them early, getting sick from exaustion is very likly.

She's quoted as saying, if I remember correctly, something around the area of 8-12 hours per standard comic. More if there's extra work involved (extra backgrounds, or if it's a triple-size comic, or if she's doing two strips, or...), or if it goes badly (like, photoshop decides to eat the file, or if she doesn't like how it turns out and redoes it, or if her machine goes wonky, or if she's sick, or...)

That works out at, for the comics we see, most of a 40-hour week. Or at least enough of it to be worth paying a lot more for than I reckon she's earning off us slackers.

Heck, Abel's Story has been ~115 updates, now, for, what was it? $2275 or so. That's less than $20 each. And we're only halfway through. At her working rate, that's -currently- less than $2.50 per hour working. Not counting any time spent working on updating the site to cope with it, or fiddling around with plans for Abel's colour scheme, or plotting his history, or anything like that. Or time she'll spend on the next 100 strips.

I think, despite the massive initial layout of funds, Amber got gypped on that one.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Don

I knew it was alot, I need to pile some money together and donate one of these days.

Chaos

Do remember, she did mention one of her Peeps was sicklies, that might be a source.

:giggle

Either way, get better soon, and I hope Mason spares you the Anti-Food!

Fresnor

I believe she is suffering from the disease commonly known as, Canadiaitis.  Ending symptoms include saying aboot, and ending all sentences with, eh?

Don

Quote from: Fresnor on January 19, 2008, 03:50:58 AM
I believe she is suffering from the disease commonly known as, Canadiaitis.  Ending symptoms include saying aboot, and ending all sentences with, eh?

No kidding eh? Never heard aboot that one before.  :mowwink

Stig Hemmer

Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Prof B Hunnydew

Her strange sleep patterns do not help, she is not a teenager anymore... But I will slap for that   But seriously,  She need regular meals and sleep, it may help her immune system.  She should uses to the water and the food in Canada by now.  or Maybe not the culture, those Great White Northie can be so like us and yet so strange, too.

PBH

Edit::........... Get well Soon Mabs..

sweets8

Quote from: bizun on January 18, 2008, 04:59:54 PM
:mob
Mrs. Williams!

I didn't know her last name :D You sound like her student!

I find the problem with her health more likely to be the Canadian weather (snow, cold, more cold, followed by a blizzard) and what they place on the french fries.

Hoowah, what have you experienced with Canadian fries?? :P

Yes, coloring alone can take forever! But it can be worth it sometimes :D And you wonder why Amber's always putting those 'lazy comics' out. heh :januscat

Eibborn

Quote from: sweets8 on January 19, 2008, 11:57:33 AM
Hoowah, what have you experienced with Canadian fries?? :P

I would guess that Naldru's talking about poutine- fries with gravy and cheese curds on it. A mostly French-Canadian thing, 'though it can be bought at most places that serve fries.
Also, I'm pretty sure that cold weather has no effect on health, unless you're coming down with hypothermia.  :)
/kicks the internet over

Naldru

I would say that unending cold and snow are more damaging to mental health than to physical health.  And the resulting mental doldrums can affect your physical health.  I suspect that's that way you see such things as West Edmonton Mall and Mall of the Americas near cold cities where people get "cabin fever".

I know my mother found Schenectady, New York (near Albany) to have depressing weather, and that's about the same latitude as many of the Canadian cities.

Eibborn

Coastal, though. Wetter but warmer. It's true, though, that mental health is actually affected by gloomy weather. I think it's called Seasonal Affective Disorder.
/kicks the internet over

WhiteFox

I am Canadian. I grew up here till I moved to the maritimes.

My ernest sympathy to anyone who must suffer climate change. Though beautiful, Canada can be a harsh mistress.

Get well, Amber.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Netrogo

I recently (yesterday) caught a cold, I've decided to blame Amber as she somehow has given me her cold through her comic. :<
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Naldru

Quote from: Eibbor_N on January 21, 2008, 01:24:37 AM
Coastal, though. Wetter but warmer. It's true, though, that mental health is actually affected by gloomy weather. I think it's called Seasonal Affective Disorder.
I've never thought of Albany and Schenectady as being coastal before.  The nearest shoreline is at New York City, which is over 150 miles away.  If you draw a line between the city of Quebec and the city of New York, it's about half way.  Being located on the Great Lakes, I would think that Montreal and Toronto would be closer to a coastal setting.

By the way, Wikipedia has a section on seasonal affective disorder.