I just had a thought...

Started by Dannysaysnoo, December 13, 2007, 11:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannysaysnoo

You know how we hear that not all 'Cubi are soul-suck horrors?

Why do we never meet any?

Kenji

Maybe they aren't as pretty.
Or funny. Lets go with funny. When you're a nice person, no one cares what you do. :B

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Kenji on December 13, 2007, 11:58:12 AM
Maybe they aren't as pretty.
Or funny. Lets go with funny. When you're a nice person, no one cares what you do. :B

Funny...How about a Comedian?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on December 13, 2007, 11:56:29 AM

Sorry?  'Cubi who are or aren't soul-sucking horrors?

In the 'bad' category we have Destania.  I don't know if Fa'Lina actually needs to eat souls anymore.  I'm sure Ink would if he's true to his character.  Aniz?  No idea.
In the 'good' category we have Dan and most likely Abel, who both thought they were Beings until they sprouted headwings - Dan's opinion we know, and Abel eats food, sleeps and befriends Jyrras so I doubt he's going to go on a de-souling spree.

AFAIK those are the only 'Cubi we've really had any measure of depth to.  Destania is of course a tricky one since motherhood seems to have changed her stance of Beings, having one for a stepdaughter and all.  I'd like to think she's reformed (to some degree) but we have no idea - her 'disposing of people' role in Biggs' empire might mean more than simply killing them.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2007, 12:15:42 PM

Sorry?  'Cubi who are or aren't soul-sucking horrors?

In the 'bad' category we have Destania.  I don't know if Fa'Lina actually needs to eat souls anymore.  I'm sure Ink would if he's true to his character.  Aniz?  No idea.
In the 'good' category we have Dan and most likely Abel, who both thought they were Beings until they sprouted headwings - Dan's opinion we know, and Abel eats food, sleeps and befriends Jyrras so I doubt he's going to go on a de-souling spree.

AFAIK those are the only 'Cubi we've really had any measure of depth to.  Destania is of course a tricky one since motherhood seems to have changed her stance of Beings, having one for a stepdaughter and all.  I'd like to think she's reformed (to some degree) but we have no idea - her 'disposing of people' role in Biggs' empire might mean more than simply killing them.

what i actually meant was 'Cubi who fed on Enjoyment, happiness and such.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on December 13, 2007, 12:19:41 PM
what i actually meant was 'Cubi who fed on Enjoyment, happiness and such.

Oh, right.  That would be good... maybe we'll meet some in Abel's Story?
'Cubi are rare, so unless Lost Lake is some kind of nexus (which isn't impossible - it might be physically close to SAIA?)  The chances of one just wandering by is pretty low.  And even if they did, if they know what they're doing they'll be disguised as a Being so you couldn't tell.

e_voyager

that and i would gather that they spend much of there time in circus and hospitals where they can spread joy to feed on.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2007, 12:24:23 PM
Oh, right.  That would be good... maybe we'll meet some in Abel's Story?

Considering Abel in Abel's Story's current condition, that might be unlikely.

Quote from: e_voyager on December 13, 2007, 12:26:03 PM
that and i would gather that they spend much of there time in circus and hospitals where they can spread joy to feed on.

what i actually envisioned was a 'Cubi who became a Comic, and fed on entertainment.

Netrogo

I'd like to see a comedian cubi as well. I think that'd be fun.

On a side note I'm still trying to figure out a clan symbol and emotions that my cubi character will feed off. In that regards I was wondering what Zedd and Charline/Charles were.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Dannysaysnoo

I WALL KEEPSIES ON A CUBI COMEDIAN CHARACTER! IT'S MINE, KEEP OFF!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netrogo on December 13, 2007, 02:30:44 PM

Much as I hate to plug things, you might want to check out 'Future History' in the art forum - my character's clan leader has a big penchant for practical jokes.  AFAIK that's the closest anyone's come to making a 'Cubi who feeds on comedy.  As I recall, his weird antics feature in throughout Chapters 11-21.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2007, 03:29:43 PM
Quote from: Netrogo on December 13, 2007, 02:30:44 PM

Much as I hate to plug things, you might want to check out 'Future History' in the art forum - my character's clan leader has a big penchant for practical jokes.  AFAIK that's the closest anyone's come to making a 'Cubi who feeds on comedy.  As I recall, his weird antics feature in throughout Chapters 11-21.

I thought he just enjoyed confusion, like when he broke into Josh's dreams.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on December 13, 2007, 03:32:31 PM
I thought he just enjoyed confusion, like when he broke into Josh's dreams.
I don't think I specified which emotion he likes.  Jakob's traits are supposed to be 'fear and wonder' (a kickass track on Dimmu Borgir's album 'Puritanical Misanthropic Euphoria', by the way), but I don't believe I ever set Daryil's preferences in stone.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2007, 03:40:35 PM
I don't think I specified which emotion he likes.  Jakob's traits are supposed to be 'fear and wonder' (a kickass track on Dimmu Borgir's album 'Puritanical Misanthropic Euphoria', by the way), but I don't believe I ever set Daryil's preferences in stone.

Given what he's been doing to Keaton, I suspect he either likes confusion, or he's deadly interested in "mad panic" ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zina

Where's that clown cubi Soshi made? He was my favorite.

Kasarn

Netrogo

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Don

Quote from: Netrogo on December 13, 2007, 09:20:10 PM
Quote from: Kasarn on December 13, 2007, 09:13:51 PM
Quote from: Zina on December 13, 2007, 04:53:02 PM
Where's that clown cubi Soshi made? He was my favorite.
http://demon-sushi.com/junk/062005/rex.gif

That. Is. Awesome!

Heh, it's definatly the best clown I've ever seen...I never did like clown's with all their happyness but that one looks nifty.

Naldru

You're mentioning clowns, and I'm thinking of It (Stephen King), Killer Clowns from Outer Space, the clowns who worked for the Penguin in Batman Returns, and an episode of Ben 10 where Ben runs into a psychic vampire clown.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Caswin

Well, there's Dan...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Zedd

Amazin there indeed...If you want to know Net...You could always ask me about myself