12/10/07 [DMFA #852] - Rant-y

Started by Kajet, December 10, 2007, 02:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

I should get around to updating my to-do list...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Goatmon on December 10, 2007, 05:40:34 PM
I actually do have a comic project in the works.  But I suck ass at art.  I mean, I could get better at it, but I'm a long ways off from having good enough skill at it to do it myself and not look like total ass.

The only people I've spoken to who have shown any interest in doing the art are either too busy to do it, or are a bit flaky and really unreliable to get anything done.

You know, I have exactly the same problem, with the additional one that although the underlying story is original and apart from a couple of (licensed) cameos consists entirely of original characters, it is set in the DMFA universe and runs off DMFA physics.  Mind you, I'm not sure Amber asked if she could do a Furcadia comic when DMFA started  >:3

This seems to be a common thread - aside from the music, everything I do which is at all decent has its roots in someone else's work.  This is rather aggravating. 

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Goatmon

Mine would be mainly a reality in of itself without relying too heavily on other mediums, except that it has ties in the jack universe (Surprise surprise) rather than DMFA or Furcadia.

Sunblink

Quote from: Goatmon on December 10, 2007, 05:49:15 PM
That's....not a bad idea.  I'll have to think on that.  I've been chatting with Keaton about the project, I'll see if I can't find ways to motivate her.

Or I could just threaten her with a crowbar. 

But.. I'm allergic to crowbar-induced pain. :<

~Keaton the Black Jackal

AnizInDisguise

Amber, have you been spying on me again?

Wanderer

Ah, so very true. I pity the people who fail to ever begin. Alas, what they are missing.

That reminds me, I have this great idea... I should get around to writing it someday... :mowwink

*coughs* It's easy to imagine. It's hard to take that imagining and put it down in a form that makes sense. I have a number of works that have begun, but many more that just sit in my mind. I need to write them somehow... I owe it to the characters to let them live.

mwcain

We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action.
Frank Tibolt

King Of Hearts

*tries to pull out the arrows struck in his chest*

It hurts cause its true...

I keep reading my storyboard and I just keep getting depressed on how much I can improve on it to actually begin.

Caswin

Quote from: King Of Hearts on December 11, 2007, 06:13:11 AM
*tries to pull out the arrows struck in his chest*

It hurts cause its true...

I keep reading my storyboard and I just keep getting depressed on how much I can improve on it to actually begin.
Begin fast.  Improve later.

...y'know, in case you didn't pick it up from Amber and everyone.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

e_voyager

if that's true then i could use some help
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Azraelle

It's not always possible though.  Few years ago, I suddenly had a great idea for an online video game.  Sad thing is, I don't know the first thing about programming or setting up something like that.  Sure I created a design document, maps, concept artwork, and even did a few 3D models.  And good luck trying to get any established video game company to listen to some unknown with "I HAZ A GRAET IDEA" written all over them.

So I do a comic now.  No need to rely on anyone else in order to get my GRAET IDEA done.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Azraelle on December 11, 2007, 08:00:48 PM
It's not always possible though.  Few years ago, I suddenly had a great idea for an online video game.  Sad thing is, I don't know the first thing about programming or setting up something like that.  Sure I created a design document, maps, concept artwork, and even did a few 3D models.  And good luck trying to get any established video game company to listen to some unknown with "I HAZ A GRAET IDEA" written all over them.

So I do a comic now.  No need to rely on anyone else in order to get my GRAET IDEA done.

Yeah, I had something like that happen.  I went to University and learned programming in Java, C, C++, and C#, and met other people with similar ideas.

Only real idea I've got for an MMO, though, is "No level cap, user-created items."  I've got a 2D platformer, a hack/n/slash, a trued3D fighter, and a flying shooter to do, though.  I'm currently working most on the fighter.