11/30/07 [DMFA #847] - Kiii...?

Started by Stygian, November 29, 2007, 10:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insanekaosx

I was suprisingly unsuprised at first, it was more of "Oh, Pip talked. Thats new." It grew to a "Wait, Pip TALKED? crazy." for a minute there.

I vote Christopher Walken. Walken'08 <<;

If not         Walken, then     perhaps           Shatner      is      theman?

computer nerd

Wow maybe pip is from a different world that connect to fae realm
and PIP TALK ?   :erk

Gareeku

Quote from: Rika Banpaia on November 29, 2007, 11:25:19 PM
for some reason, i picture Samuel Jackson doing the voice for pip  :mowdizzy

...Drakes on a Plane? :<

Regardless, this is certainly a turn for the books. I am most intrigued to see what happens in the future.

Aaryanna

Just heh... Wow.. Didn't see that one coming. :U

Insert Witty Name

Yarwellnofine  :erk

Quote from: modelincard on November 29, 2007, 10:37:34 PM
Now this is a plot twist for the record books. At least an EPT*-4. Nice one, Amber.

According to my measurements , it is possibly an 8.7 in the EPT scale, with potential aftershocks of up to 5.5

On second thoughts the plot twists in the latest arc are so vast, I think our present knowledge of non-euclidian geometry in inadequate to describe them.
The lurker formerly known as "Zombie_Hunter".

Tycoon

This makes me ask, "Which version of Pip is this?"

http://www.mabsland.com/PipKawaii.html

Exhibit 1:
Quote(SIDE NOTE:  Please note that this version of Pip is NOT in accordance to the Pip of DMFA but is of a different story alltogether.  In the scheme of things, Pip is to me like Cid is to Final Fantasy.  He exsists in both.)

And seeing as how the Fae can commute to the Mabsland World, this could definitely be either Pip. Or, maybe there is a rift of DMFA Pip vs. Mabsland Pip!

Conspiracy ftw!

Dr Neo Lao

That was totally Awesome. Unexpected, but awesome. :boogie

And I agree with the choice of Liam Neeson. 

Brunhidden

my theory- only mabb (and possibly other fae) can understand drakes, quite possibly pip is mabs familiar or something.

thus to an observer she is carrying out a conversation with a cute thing that only goes 'kiii'
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Netrogo

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 30, 2007, 04:16:44 AM
Oh my.

Those of you who are wondering what he is supposed to sound like should read this:
http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum2933.htm#ref32
...the mp3 file is still live, by the way although it turns out I pronounced 'mow' wrong.

So, Amber apparently visualises him as having a London accent, or did at the time.

Considering Amber's objection to the DMFA radio project because she didn't want to impose her own choice over other people's imaginings of names**, I'm quite shocked about that old posting. Although I agree with the voice in that audio, that sounds pretty good when listened to while looking at that panel with Pip speaking.

**- If I misinterpreted that I appologize, feeling too lazy to go try and find where that was said.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

BlueTiger

Here was my train of thought after reading that strip:

"Hmm, well I guess that makes sense. Pip was just trying to keep Dan off Mab's back so she could... OMG! Pip talked! *explosion*." :mowdizzy

:wtf

Madmann135

in PIP's profile it does say he knows multiple languages.  So it's not that big of a surprise that he knows a common-speak language.

What really surprises me is what pip said, "Dan disliking Mab more." 

Considering their history even including the "Fae Curse" and the fact that Dan acts like a Fae from time to time one would think it would take a really big event to make Dan dislike Mab. 

She was one of the Dan rescue party who went to a Cubi infested school to rescue Dan.  I can't see how he can be upset at her for anything if she did that.

Pip's words make my brain hurt.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Goatmon

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 30, 2007, 08:21:43 AM
my theory- only mabb (and possibly other fae) can understand drakes, quite possibly pip is mabs familiar or something.

thus to an observer she is carrying out a conversation with a cute thing that only goes 'kiii'

I was thinking the same thing, that maybe she understands him but no one else. 

How often do we actually see things from Mab's perspective, y'know? 

Alondro

Quote from: Ink on November 30, 2007, 04:10:32 AM
And people wondered why the drake enjoyed tea with me.

*Charles*   :eek  Thig does bring up the possibility that the malevolent Dr. Ink is somehow involved!

*Alondro*   D:  This could mean Fa'lina is an integral player in the entire plan!

*Charline*   >:3  This could be interesting...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Amber,  Rant O' Update of November 30, 2007(snip) Though keep in mind that odds are I wont be answering questions that require major spoilers. (snip)

So if I were to ask a question about how Mab was siding with the Dragons and was planning to utterly wipe out all the Cubies, including Dan, thus causing Dan to dislike Mab even more, you would not answer that question?   :)

With regards,
Ted

AndersW

My question for Amber.  Is Jyrras gay or bi?

e_voyager

How is Array's new job at SAIA going?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Longtime_Lurker

Now the question is if Mab is in league with Destina to destroy the dragon race, working against her to save them or working on something completely unrelated?

Aisha deCabre

:boggle

Well, considering it says in Pip's profile that drakes are intelligent and that they can speak several different languages, I shouldn't be surprised.  But I am.  Awesome work!

I guess Fae have invented an advanced shellfish food allergy a-la Dan.   :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Schol-R-LEA

Well, as long as he doesn't sound like a certain Earth Pig, I'll be happy with this twist.

Aleolus

Quote from: Mwa on November 30, 2007, 03:37:51 AM
Also, why does Mab not have rainbow hair?

Probably because Nutmeg didn't want to risk pissing her off again, so just Jy and Lorenda got the rainbow hair.  Or possibly because Mab's also a fae she can use her fae magic to counter Nutmeg's.

e_voyager

Nutmeg said rainbows for everyone but she didn't say how or where. Mab's home could be covered in rainbows now for all we know.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShadesFox

Quote from: AndersW on November 30, 2007, 10:35:34 AM

I believe that even Jyrras does not know the answer to that.

And for Pip:
:youtheman
The All Purpose Fox

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  Maybe now the Fae will become more annoying than the Cubi, since at least the Cubi aren't already ultra-God-moded. 

I'll be less-hated!   :boogie
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

e_voyager

it's one thing to be  a manipulator it's another to try to strong arm things into going you way all the time. Mab is a quasi perfect maniuplator s she seems to innocent and shy to do half the things she does.

AndersW

Quote from: ShadesFox on November 30, 2007, 12:28:34 PM

But Amber would.

Caswin

Quote from: AndersW on November 30, 2007, 01:33:12 PM
Quote from: ShadesFox on November 30, 2007, 12:28:34 PM
But Amber would.
Unless she doesn't and she's finding out as the story develops.

It's an adventure! :)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Amber Williams

Gareeku

Maybe some crazy fanfic is in the works. :U

e_voyager

Quote from: Gareeku on November 30, 2007, 02:03:44 PM
Maybe some crazy fanfic is in the works. :U

fanfics are always in the works. mine simply don't see the light of day