Honor Circle Returns! (OOC) - Open

Started by Boog, November 02, 2007, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tezkat on November 16, 2007, 04:07:21 PM
Fights here don't last very long, and people would (presumably :animesweat) only join in if they had time to participate in that particular match.

Oh? Some of the fights in the last one lasted for awhile. It depends on the fighters, really.

techmaster-glitch

Whee, I got a char approved by the boogyman! But damn, I have to put his bio up the same time I jump in...which means I am gonna have to wait until there is little activity going on. I was just planning to just have him slip in inconspicuously in the back (paying for his stay, of course), in his cloak that hides his form. But if the bio comes at the same time, I'll have to wait, and he's gonna have to uses the front door (Still in his cloak, though).

Is there no way I can hold off his bio until he reveals himself, Boog? I was just gonna jump in and just stay in the background, not doing much of anything until he's ready to fight. But if the bio must come, he must wait.

Boog

lucas marcone

techmaster-glitch

It's not about metagaming...but I guess, even for the reason I have, it doesn't really make much of a difference anyway...

But I'm still gonna wait before jumping in.

Angel

So... is it just nighttime in the circle, or is it nighttime outside too?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

nikename2

Well if you go by what my character has seen, the sun would be starting to set and throughout most of the day it was and has stayed as overcast.  :shifty

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Black_angel on November 17, 2007, 04:23:00 PM
So... is it just nighttime in the circle, or is it nighttime outside too?

It's nighttime in the circle. The environment gets chosen by the challenged, and Boog chose a night-time cathedral roof.

Mel Dragonkitty

This is probably a silly thing to do, :B but Mel needs practice with those fight scenes.

Name:  P. Melodie Icewing (and she's not telling what the P stands for)
Nickname(s): Mel
Race:   dragon
Species:   ice with just a bit of lightning

Physical description

Height:  as a sizeshifter this varies from 22' to 22" Generally seen in 5' anthro form but this can change to fit the occasion.
Weight: varies with size from 1ΒΌ tons to 10 lb
Build: slinky
Eyes: bright blue
Hair: none
Fur Coloration: no fur but pearl colored scales
Distinguishing features: is quite small for a dragon

Biographical and general information

History: Youngest grandchild of the leader of the Icewing clan, famous/infamous as information brokers, she was raised to work in the family business. Had as normal a childhood as anyone could living with her grandmother.

Personality: friendly, curious, calm, when flustered she can revert to formal, almost stuffy, manners. Small and sickly as a child she was raised to believe she's fragile and tries to avoid physical confrontations.

Abilities:  Illusionist, ice magic, sizeshifting, touch mind/memory reading, teleportation, lots of elemental magics, healing and an odd assortment of other spells picked up over the years. Is able to put her illusion magic and memory skills together into traps.

Strengths:  Very quick and strong with the magic she has.

Weaknesses:  Fire, heat, flame (did I mention she's an ice dragon :giggle). Because of her elemental magic affinity purer forms of light and dark magic are harder for her to defend herself from. Due to lack of knowledge regarding technology she can be taken by surprise by those who wield it. Because of her belief that she's small and weak she tends to sabotage herself due to lack of confidence.

Trivia:  Trying to escape the family business she ran away from home and trained as a jeweler and actually still owns a jewelry store although she seldom has time to visit it. She's quite a good jeweler, specializing in enchanted objects. Won several medals at obstacle racing in college because her small size made her a very agile flyer in comparison to other dragons.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Sunblink

Judging by Siolen's presence in the RP and the amount of characters Cogi has, we are allowed to have multiple characters, correct? If so, I introduce my original character.

NO I DID NOT SPEND ALL DAY WORKING ON THIS PROFILE WHY DO YOU ASK? :<

Name: Piix Raiyn Daei'Lunn

• pronounced, in full, Picks Rye-een Day-lun-eh)
Nickname(s): Pii, Pie, Pixie, Piix-Chan, Pixie-Pie, numerous false identities (most notable ones being Kaile Katharoth and Xylee Aviardnay)
Age: 21 (or so she claims to be. Her height often insinuates a younger age, so many people reach that misconception)
Species: Orin
Family and Association(s): Mother (Unknown); Father (Synale Daei'Lunn - missing; presumed deceased); Partner (Demetrius "Dimitri" Uromora - missing). Was formerly associated with the Issalyune Academy of Space Privateers before her "sabbatical"; is now unaffiliated with any particular governments or associations
Place of Origin: Planet Oriaendi, Second Planet in orbit in the Fourth Dimensional Ring; Miraquaine Island

Physical Description: Piix is a very bizarre creature, incomparable to any Earth-dwelling species and resembling only an amalgamation of various animals. Bipedal and anthropomorphic in figure, Piix is differentiated from humans by her diminutive size of four-foot-nine and her bestial characteristics. As is trademark among the Orin, Piix has a long, prehensile tail tufted at the tip; large, clawed feet; four-fingered hands; and big, tapered ears, one of which is ornamented with a small golden ring. The digits of her hands and the toes of her feet are adorned with extendable claws; blackened, but dipped with virulent white. Oddly enough, Piix's eyes, instead of being structured like normal creatures', possess vibrant gold irises surrounded by membranous black, which encroach upon the whites of the eyes. Masked within the darkened sclera of the eyes are the bioluminescent glands which allow Piix to see in absolute darkness.

Piix's fur coloration is equally esoteric, the base hue consisting of a vibrant saffron-yellow. Her aerodynamic, windswept hair is the same color as her basic fur color, although the elongated sideburns flanking her head are dyed deep black amidst their lengths. A curved, black spot surrounds Piix's left eye, while a thin, abstract pattern underlines the opposite eye. She is almost like a poison dart frog in patterning, covered in blackened markings resembling spots, splotches, and splatters of ink along her form. Tarnished black also paints the lengths of the thick, bristling quills adorning Piix's spine, only for this to be disrupted by the splashes of white accentuating the tips of the quills, designing the quills in a manner very similar to her claws. Various graffiti-like patterns creep along Piix's sides, even traveling down her tail, reminiscent of that single, oddly-shaped stripe under her eye, branching away from the patch of black on her back in order to decorate the rest of her harmoniously-hued form.

Dueling Info
Strengths: First and foremost, Piix possesses a shrewd, intelligent mind, and is quite capable of extensive multitasking. While this may not be an admirable trait in combat, due to Piix's particular battle style it's a very advantageous attribute to have. Most of Piix's abilities are dependent on even concentration divided between her weapons, all of which can modify and twist their shapes to create new affects and new powers. With these elements, one of Piix's major strengths lies in how unpredictable her battle style is, as well as her insane amount of double-jointed flexibility and speed.

Magically, Piix is inclined towards a more obscure brand of enchantment which is roughly described as "Manipulation Magic." Manipulation Magic, instead of creating pure magical sources, such as a gout of flame or a ball of compressed light, harnesses already existing elements, magical or mundane, and manipulates them. Anything can be manipulated by Manipulation Magic, and the extent of what can be done using this magic is limited only by Piix's imagination. Using it, Piix can turn others' spells against people and even have the spells disintegrate in mid-air just before they reach her. Piix's weapons radiate a sort of magical essence which makes them especially easy to manipulate. Basic examples of Manipulation Magic is an almost offhanded use of gravity manipulation which allows Piix to lift her hammer and execute unreal stunts and maneuvers mid-air.

Even when disarmed, Piix can become a relentless dervish of biting, scratching, and clawing. Her nails can lengthen and withdraw, as can the quills on her back, which can sharpen into bladed edges. Poison runs through Piix's blood, making her impervious to weaker forms of natural venom, and allowing her to inject others with her own venomous secretion using her fangs or her quills. Piix's blood is highly dangerous and should not be consumed by any blood-sucking, vampiric or parasitic creatures, otherwise it would result in pain characterized by an immense burning sensation, and possibly poison. Thanks to the bioluminescent glands contained within her sclera (the whites of the eyes), Piix can see in pitch black darkness. She has some training in basic prestidigitation (sleight of hand).

Weaknesses: Understandably, due to her small size, Piix is vulnerable to physical and magical blows and can easily be sent flying with one, powerful strike. While she's more durable than most would assume from their initial assessments, she can still be disorientated, and quite easily at that. Another damning weakness is that Piix's weapons require a great deal of ambidextrous thought, meaning Piix will have to invest a lot of concentration into their control. Because of the demanding aspect of her weapons, Piix rarely uses all three weapons at once, unless in a moment of desperation. Overexertion leads to Piix becoming exhausted and confused, sometimes entirely draining her of stamina. In order to avoid this, Piix normally simply fights with Orpiment and gradually utilizes the other two weapons as the need arises. Amidst particularly intense battles, however, Piix can easily lose focus and even more easily spiral into being overwhelmed.

Piix is also very overconfident, and tends to underestimate her enemies, normally talking her way into insurmountable situations without even realizing it. Tactlessness often has repercussions in Piix's case, and unfortunately she has yet to completely understand this. Although Manipulation Magic sounds entirely serendipitous and flawless, in reality it is quite complicated, and like Piix's weapons, needs concentration in order to successfully take place. It is much easier to manipulate magical materials than non-magical ones, since devoting attention to the latter is a rather time-consuming and tedious process, whereas magical materials react fluidly to Manipulation Magic.

Reversing the path of spells so they will attack their former caster is a very tricky and instinctive skill, as if Piix loses focus in the middle of this technique, the spell will likely backfire in her face. Some spells are too powerful or move too fast for Piix to redirect. Despite her poisonous blood and invulnerabilities to various toxins, Piix is succumbs to chemically-engineered poisons designed to override her immune system.

Weaponry: Piix's arsenal consists of three weapons, Orpiment, Discus, and the Triad. All three are heavily reliant on her improvisational skills and are magically linked to her commands, allowing them to change their shape to adapt to various situations. More information is included below:

• Orpiment: The staple offensive weapon. Resembling an immense, sleek mallet composed entirely out of an opaque, gelatinous substance solidified, it is roughly Piix's height, yet she is perfectly capable of wielding it regardless of its considerable weight. In order to do so, she, using her Manipulation Magic, can modify the gravity surrounding the shaft of her weapon, making it almost featherweight. However, such gravitational alleviation is restricted to only Piix's perspective, meaning Orpiment will still pack a punch when someone has the misfortune of being on its receiving end. Another option besides walloping others into next Tuesday is that Piix is capable of modifying Orpiment's size, shape, and abilities almost as though it were made out of clay, an example being  a cannon so she can fire off the Triad as ammunition, or a giant glove so she can capture enemies. Piix can also transform Orpiment into a bracelet for more inconspicuous travel, and can generally control its movements in an almost serpentine manner. Thanks to this, she has been able to use Orpiment to snake around corridors and serve as a spy lens for her to view others.
  • Discus: The Discus, true to its name, is shaped like a large disc, and, reminiscent of Orpiment and the Triad, it is made out of the same nontransparent golden material which is highly responsive to Piix's magical dictations. Unlike its companion weapons, Discus is linked to Piix's body in a more direct way, in that it cannot be detached from her form unless it is deactivated altogether, limiting the variety of Discus's functions. Discus normally hovers between her shoulder-blades, but Piix can use it in a more improvisational manner by having it float to distinctive points on her body. Discus is most useful as a shield, as it is often used as a buckler to fasten around her forearm, and a deflector, since its surface is highly reflective and can send lasers and other projectile assaults bouncing off of its form. Piix is very deft with this weapon, and can effortlessly sweep Discus about her body and tilt it to all angles to deflect various bombardments. To an extent, Piix can manipulate Discus's shape like Orpiment, although this is confined to one very useful function. Piix can sprout four, immensely sharp spider-legs from Discus's sides, which are highly flexibleβ€”they can shift and swivel about on their joints easily, and allow Piix to scale walls and other vertical surfaces. The spider-legs can be used as weapons by striking around Piix's body at their targets. The solidity and sharpness of the spider-legs are modified by Piix.

When deactivated, Discus transforms into a small globe similar to the ones composing the Triad, and can be contained in a pocket or other forms of storage before it is returned to its former place.
  • The Triad: Last but not least is the Triad. These three levitating orbs are, like its brethren weapon, made of the same unknown substance. Each orb is magnetically and magically connected to the Discus, thriving off of its energy, and can easily disappear and reappear by siphoning themselves into Discus's form. Piix can individually control the spheres by detaching them from Discus's magical gravitation, then can just as easily use them for various functions. Her favorite method of attacking is by arranging the Triad into various formations to discombobulate and disorient her foes and launch rapid-fire barrages of lasers at these opponents, or to have them orbit her form at breakneck speeds, weaving together a force field to protect her. However, Piix rarely uses the Triad simultaneously with Discus or Orpiment, as they require a great deal of concentration to individually direct. Mostly, Piix uses the Triad for a variety of other methods, sometimes defensive, sometimes offensive, and sometimes foolhardy.

Personality: PT Barnum, historical performer and ringmaster, was once rumored to have said "There's a sucker born every minute." Although later it was proved he had never said this, this quote properly reflects Piix's mindset.

The Orin, Piix's species and the inhabitants of her home planet of Oriaendi, harbors a reputation among those in the space trade as being con artists, thieves, and flamboyant liars. Quite appropriately, Piix fits this stereotype shamelessly. Shrewd, clever, and slightly insidious, she knows everything there is to know about the "underrated art" of space pirating, as well as survival among the collection of rogues and unscrupulous characters who comprise the underground business. By and large, Piix is a space pirate through-and-through, street-smart and roguish, accomplishing her assignments with a smirk and a sardonic comment for the road. Regardless of the questionable morals to her profession, Piix is proud of being a space pirate (often to an egotistical fault), and, rather surprisingly, is more considerate than the average criminal.

If Piix is a thief with a heart of gold, she initially does an excellent job of masking this benevolent core behind a devilish grin. In reality Piix is quite a boisterous person who goes out of her way to be friendly to almost everyone she meets, even if she does unintentionally make someone rather uncomfortable with her forthright and tactless comments. Piix is accustomed to speaking her mind and being herself, and has no intention of curbing who she really is just for the convenience of others. Deep down, Piix really is a good person who just wants the best for her friends, although this is often neglected due to the nature of her occupation.

As arrogantly as Piix proclaims her supposed infamy, she is actually just beginning to gain acknowledgement from other governments, if only because she is among the unauthorized space pirates who emancipated themselves from the Oriaendi government instead of serving as privateers. It can be assumed that Piix's sometimes outrageously hypocritical viewpoints are attributed to her connection to space piracy. As a final note, to more foolish individuals, be very wary of Piix. She will not hesitate to take advantage of your idiocy and steal your belongings.

History: While one would expect for someone as brutally honest as Piix to be outspoken about his or her history, whenever Piix is confronted with a question regarding her past she normally answers with an awkward, forced laugh, a roll of her eyes, and then a hasty effort to change the subject. Even Piix's closest friends are unaware of the events which have transpired in her past, with the exception of a few topics Piix is comfortable about discussing.

For one, Piix hails from Planet Oriaendi, the homeworld of the Orin species. The Orin species, which is largely notorious, is a vastly wealthy race, the majority of their wealth having been made due to their involvement in the space tradeβ€”and how deeply their economy was entrenched in space privateers, or, as the Heart Monarchy referred to them, "authorized space privateers." Authorized space pirates were legally permitted to raid other vessels for cargo and goods while the government would provide excuses and bails to patch up their escapades, in exchange for a fair share of the profit. Unauthorized space pirates were arrested and viewed as criminals in the eyes of the government, but despite this, the Oriaendi lifestyle was deeply rooted in space piracy. Even academies were established to educate those interested in becoming space piratesβ€”often viewed as heroes in their societyβ€”alongside innocuous magical and non-magical schools.

Second, Piix's father, Synale Daei'Lunn, was a particularly notorious space pirate who was reviled among the Oriaendi government officials as a nuisance, but idolized by wide-eyed aspiring criminals-in-the-making due to his charming demeanor and strangely chivalrous perspective. Some had viewed him as a latter-day Robin Hood, much like the real-life bank robber John Dillinger. Piix's relationship, or if she had actually known her father, is unknown, but it is known that Synale, along with the rest of his crew, had inexplicably disappeared in the middle of a raid on a cargo ship.

Piix has supposedly been a space pirate for three years. In the beginning of her clumsier days as a space pirate, Piix encountered a myriad of characters, both friend and foe, one of which who became her closest companion. His name was Demetrius Uromora, but he preferred to be referred to as Dimtiri. Dimitri, despite his benign morals, had no objections to Piix's profession, although he did have one request. Piix was to never intentionally kill another person. Piix agreed to these conditions, and to this day, she has never gone back on her deal.

After another series of events, most of which Piix is reluctant to elaborate upon; Dimitri has somehow become separated from Piix. She is searching personally for him, as she cannot turn to the authorities for help, and has taken an indefinite hiatus from space piracy in order to dedicate more time to her hunt. Sometimes, in order to keep her finances stable, she returns briefly to space piratingβ€”after all, she does have a reputation to preserve.

Once more I go above and beyond the call of duty and into INFINITY AND BEYOND.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

techmaster-glitch

Oh jeeze, it looks like my plan to wait for activity and battles to die down has backfired. Instead, everything is going in the opposite direction. Ian and Sylvie are now in a battle, alongside Siolen and Stygian, and Mel just walks in and gets challenged by Queenie!

And now Keaton puts up another character as well.

Oh, when will it end? 'A' Or am I going to have to improvise my char's inconspicuous entry, and make it even more inconspicuous than I'm already planning? :/

nikename2

Or you could just you know.....walk through the door and sit down at a table. I bet no one would see that coming.  :rolleyes

techmaster-glitch

That's exactly what I'm trying not to do...And I preferably want my charcater to appear when there isn't much going on, but if things keep going the way they are, I may not have much of a choice.

nikename2

well with 3 rings I think it's pretty much assured that there will always be someone fighting. Just do something comical like have your character walk in from the bathroom or the upstairs or something, or burst up through the floor board like a zombie.  >:3

techmaster-glitch

While definately good ideas, and ones I might use were the cirumstance surrounding this particular charcater different, I might actually do something like that. Problem is, it defeats the current purpose of being inconspicuous (or at least hidden), because he'll be wearing a full-body cloak, with the hood as such as not even his face can be seen. Untile he actually fights, that is, and that's when I want him to actually reveal himself. Before that, I was hoping on something along the lines of, 'the cloaked dude in the corner who came in through the back door and didn't even get a drink'.

nikename2

You could just plot device into the bar.  :U

"He was in there the whole time and you didn't notice zomg!!"

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Xeksue on November 21, 2007, 02:45:30 AM

If Boogyman would allow it, that might actually work...

Well, Boogy, how 'bout it? He was there the whole time?

lucas marcone

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 15, 2007, 09:26:43 PM
Quote from: Boogeyman on November 15, 2007, 09:18:29 PM
Tech, under normal conditions I would agree with you. However, anyone from the previous RP is to be granted automatic entry. While she never had the chance to fight, Queenie showed up in the old Honor Circle that was introduced by TGR. Ergo, she can show up here.
That's actually kind of what I figured, because I did see TGR say she was in the original, and he was the GM of that one...but I just had to say it anyway. Just to make sure.

As for my char...mrrrmph...ah, what the hell, I'll go work on him. I'm probably gonna wait on posting him, and I'll definately wait on actually jumping in until the shock of Queenie arriving has worn off.
Unfortunately, after her, even with a wait, the odds of my char fazing anyone are pretty much nil...and weren't that great to begin with...dammit...
I am so wishing I would have rememberd this character a long time ago. Would have been so much better. Ah well. Them's the breaks. Life sucks. What's happened has happened. Must keep moving on.

you character need not shock and amaze anyone, i mean look at my guy he's pretty much as normal as it gets except for the whole techno baby thing. even then he aint too special. being normal has it's benefits too.

techmaster-glitch

Boog

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 21, 2007, 02:48:10 AM

Oh, that'd be fine, go nuts. So long as his character profile ends up here first.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Boogeyman on November 21, 2007, 01:54:24 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 21, 2007, 02:48:10 AM

Oh, that'd be fine, go nuts. So long as his character profile ends up here first.
Of course.

Just a heads-up, there's gonna be a few tweaks to his profile. Mainly just aesthetic details, but there will be one addition to his fighting ability. Not really major, though.

techmaster-glitch

Something was bothering him....or rather....came off as annoying more than anything else. He could feel that there were one more set of eyes somewhere in the bar that weren't accounted for....although he couldn't place it.
I'm assuming that's a nod to my character...heh, well I guess that cinches it. No more stalling for me :rolleyes

Well, here goes nothing.
His backstory is something I actually came up with some time ago, as is much of his bio. It wasn't until now that I catually gave time to put everything into detail.

Name: Real name disowned (Zaksoran)
Nickname(s): Responds to Mechangel (Mechanical Angel)
Species: Feline Angel (well, half of one at least)
Family and Association(s): None (formerly lower Creature Council)
Place of Origin: Unknown

History: Zaksoran was formerly a member on the lower tiers of the Creature Council, and tended towards being political-minded rather than battle-oriented, as most Angels are. That is, until he wound up trapped in a battle with a Demon, Vologar. At the conclusion of the battle, the Demon used a spell that literally ripped apart almost the entire right side of Zaksoran's body. The Demon then left him for dead. While being an Angel did make him tough enough to not die instantly, he still was going to die. However, he used his will to summon up all the healing light magic he could, to try and stabilize himself...and it failed. He then slipped into unconsciousness, and his body shut down. However, a Being technologist had noticed the battles with his sensor equipment, and went to investigate. When he found Zaksoran's body, he quickly put Zaksoran into a stasis pod and took him back to his lab. There, the Being scientist and inventor figured out that the only way to save Zaksoran's life was to rebuild Zaksoran's right side...with machines. The operation worked, and he restarted Zaksoran's body. But, Zaksoran was now only 'half' and Angel, on his left side. Almost the entire right side of his body was now metal. Also, an unforeseen and inexplicable side effect was that Zaksoran lost his ability as a Creature to naturally control magic. He could still learn magic the was Beings do, but he shunned it. In his time of greatest need, magic had failed him, but technology had saved him. He turned his back completely on magic, and instead turned entirely to technology. With the Being's help, Zaksoran rebuilt his chassis to accommodate various weapon systems, and became a fighting force to be reckoned with. From then on out, he discarded his previous identity completely, and became the Mechangel.

Physical Description: The part of the Mechangel that is still flesh; His fur and hair is an absolute pure-white color. His remaining eye is a stunning bright blue. His wing is has a full, soft look to it. In fact, before his transformation, he was the perfect epitome of an Angel. In stark contrast, his right side is completely metallic, and is split perfectly down the middle of his body (not exactly that much was destroyed by the Demon's spell, but some flesh had to be trimmed away to that proportion before the mechanical side was attached) It is covered in a light-medium armor-plating with a perfect metallic silver sheen to it. His new mechanical wing has an intimidating razor-look to it. His mechanical eye can glow different colors depending on what type of visual system he is using to look at the world, but the default is red. His various weapon systems are hidden inside his mechanical body, and pop out or transform to activate when needed. His mechanical body is powered by a small reactor core housed in his chest. He only ever wears just a few things: One is a huge brown hooded cloak that he uses to conceal his form, although the massive bulge on his back clearly indicates wings, and by default, a Creature, but that's not what he is hiding. When he removes his cloak, the only thing his is wearing is a pair of tempered leather chaps with only one leg, on his left (flesh) side, and a sturdy leather boot.

Dueling info (combat strengths, weaknesses, weaponry, etc.):
Basic Fighting Info: He often fights sideways, right side facing his opponent. In fact, he usually fights with his left arm held behind his back (mostly because it's practically useless to him, not out of bravado). He is quite adept at flying, and can hover in air, as well as pull off many tricky aerial maneuvers to dodges attacks if he needs to. He usually tries to utilize every trick and weapon in his arsenal before a fight is over.
Strengths: His mechanical right side, obviously, is faster, stronger, and tougher than his still-flesh left. It is pretty much all he uses in battle. His mechanical wing is plenty strong and fast to produce flight, but his real left wing had special electrodes wired into the musculature to augment it significantly enough that he can fly without the aid of magic. Only a relatively small part of his brain was destroyed compared to the rest of his body, but still had a small neural computer integrated into it. It does more than simply allow him to control his mechanical body, but it increases his mental acuity and reflexes considerably, augmenting the already prodigious physical advantages granted by his mechanical side. It also has programmed proficiency with all of his weapons. His mechanical side has several self-repair mechanisms to fix battle damage, but they work slow and generally only on minor capacity during a fight. The Mechangel actually has a toolkit inside his metal 'belly', for manual repairs for serious damage.
Weaknesses: While his mechanical body is tough and resilient with its moderate armor, it is still susceptible to damage if hit hard enough. However, it is still stronger than his comparatively weak and vulnerable left side, which he tries to keep covered by his right most of the time during a battle, as he cannot defend or fight with his left side or his left arm, being mere flesh and bone. While his mechanical side is shielded, strong electrical or magnetic attacks can still play havoc with them temporarily. While he can dodge attacks pretty well in the air, if an attack does connect, it will usually send him falling painfully back to the ground until his systems reboot. As said above, his self-repair systems don't work too well during battle, as power is needed for the more critical systems. Also, of his energy-based weapons and defense systems, he generally can only activate one at a time due to the power drain. Also, excessive use of any of his power-draining weapons can draw so much power that they all must be taken offline to give his core time to recharge.
Weapons:
--Dual-Barreled Pulse-Photon Blasters: The Mechangel's primary weapon. It is built into his forearm, and pops out when in use. As said, it has two twin barrels. They can be fired at semi to full automatic if needed. It shoots very small pulses of blue laser energy. They have moderate penetration and explosion capabilities, but nothing to brag about. However, against a foe with no defense at all, they can be quiet lethal. He can keep firing them for the greatest length of time of any of his weapons. He is proficient with it in that he is usually fairly accurate.
--Photon Barrier Shield: A cohesive, circular shield of green laser energy, using similar technology to his pulse blasters. The projection emitter is in his elbow. This shield itself is an almost directly impenetrable disk-barrier of energy that is large enough to cover the majority of his body, though he can crouch in it for better defense if needed. It can stop or deflect almost any direct attack, magical or physical. However, it offers little to no protection against a sort of attack that is indirect, or simply comes from a direction other than the way he is defending. Also, while the direct damage will be deflected by the shield, any kinetic energy is still transferred to his arm. If it's powerful enough, it could damage his arm instead of the shield. Another limitation is that it is virtually impossible for him to attack while defending. The drain on his core is definitely noticeable, and he usually tries to only activate it when actually being attacked, and tries to keep it up for as little time as possible.
--Plasma Beam: A special weapon system. It is housed in his wrist/hand, his hand must fold and compact out of the way to use it. Normally, it produces a conical one-yard beam of intense white plasma energy, which acts as a melee weapon. It can cut through most ordinary substances, including weapons, but if they have been enchanted, they are usually resistant or immune to damage from this impromptu blade. However, it draws a fairly large amount of power from his core; he usually can only keep it active for two or three minutes before he must shut it down and let his core recharge. As with all his weapons, he is fairly proficient with it. A secondary emergency feature is, if needed, it can actually be used to fire an extremely powerful beam of energy that can disintegrate almost anything. However, it is almost exclusively used as a weapon of last resort; it is easy to dodge if the target is mobile, only lasts for a few seconds, and afterwards, he can't use any other energy-based weapons until his internal reactor regenerates his energy, which takes quite some time after such a drain.
--Light Railgun: A mass driver cannon weapon. The actual mechanism is housed in his thigh, though the barrel comes out his knee, and only if his leg is bent. It is a miniaturized version of the artillery railgun, and as such, is fairly powerful for its size. It fires heavy-caliber mass slugs at speeds faster than sound, thanks to the magnetic acceleration mechanism that actually fires the projectile. The problems; it is often difficult and unwieldy to aim, has tremendous recoil, a slow rate of fire, and limited ammunition. As a long-range weapon, however, it can be used to good effect. Also, due to its method of propulsion, it does drain power from his core, and though it is the smallest power drain of his weapons, he still can't use it if his core is in recharge mode.
--Micro "Screamer" Missiles: A missile weapon system. The launch tubes are housed in his wing (it is extremely difficult to use while flying, as it requires him to stop flapping his wing for a moment). These are very small tracking/seeking missiles, but they track to wherever the Mechangel is looking with his electronic eye, not on a target itself. They contain a small warhead of high explosive. Individually, they only do minor-to-moderate damage, but if fired in a group, can be fairly effective at area saturation. As the name suggests, them make a very loud high-pitched 'screaming' noise when flying. The drawbacks; short range and extremely limited ammunition, he can only store ten of them at any one time, and they often must be fired in a group to be effective, which usually means only two or three volleys. The one upside? They are his only weapon that doesn't drain energy to use.
Unarmed Combat The Mechangel also has programs for unarmed hand-to-hand fighting. However, he has his own unique style. He always fights right-side forward, one handed, and one legged. His skill and mechanical augmentations allow him to hold his own in a fistfight against someone who is actually using both hands and feet, but doesn't really match up to a real unarmed master. He also has another thing to use while fighting this way; his mechanical wing. The 'feathers' on the wing have razor-sharp edges, the whole is heavy enough to clobber or even knock someone down, and if so needed, can act as a physical shield. This is dangerous, however, because it can mess up his ability to fly, sometimes even shutting it down completely. Nevertheless, it is a useful and dangerous appendage if he gets up close and personal in a fight.

Misc. Info: About the only other notable feature is his electronic eye. It has respectable zoom capabilities, can shift to detect most areas of the electromagnetic spectrum, as well as several other types of scanning vision, and contains a HUD that displays the current status of all his mechanical body's main systems. Also, while he has turned his back entirely on using magic personally, that does not mean he no longer understands it, or can't identify a spell when he sees one. He also has a small emitter inside him that projects a special personal scattering field that will disrupt (as in distort and interfere, not block entirely) all but the most powerful magical or otherwise senses and detection directed at him.

Personality: Personality-wise, he is a rather reserved and quite individual, keeping to himself most of the time, and hiding under his cloak. This is because most ordinary people react rather unfavorably to the fact that he is missing half his body. However, anyone who can get him to open up (not that difficult, usually all it takes is not reacting badly to his mechanical side) will find him to be a fairly upbeat guy. His voice is rather strange to listen to; half of his voice seems to be normal, but when he talks, a buzzing voice synthesizer is mixed with his speech. Because part of his brain is now cybernetic, he has a rather strange habit of sometimes talking like a computer, especially when running a program, analyzing something, or self-diagnosing. He doesn't resent magic-users as people, but he does condemn the act of using magic. He holds technology in very high regard, on the other hand. Also, unlike most Creatures, he holds a respect for Beings, because it was a Being who saved his life. Though he used to be a political manipulator like his kin, he is now a skilled warrior.

nikename2

QuoteI'm assuming that's a nod to my character...heh, well I guess that cinches it. No more stalling for me  :rolleyes

:)

techmaster-glitch

Alright, my charcater is finally in. In anyone wants to notice and follow him, that's fine.

Boog

Ah, Grey? No they don't. The challenger, queenie, chooses who, why and when. The challenged picks the where and how. Sorry.

TheGreyRonin

My mistake. Should we simply rewind a bit, or correct it as we go? I have a feeling Mel's character won't agree to the Queen's standard terms....

Mel Dragonkitty

Hehe. I'd like to think that Mel is smarter than that.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Gareeku

of course, you could always do the obvious thing and edit, seeing as you are the last person who posted in the IC thread. -_-;

EDIT: Nevermind.

techmaster-glitch

Actually, he could still edit his post if he wanted to.

Gareeku

No he couldn't, because Mel has replied and amended the situation.