10/26/07 [DMFA #836] - Love being the bad guy

Started by Stygian, October 25, 2007, 10:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wussycat

Mab is evil? Sorry, but my brain is incapable of comprehending that.

Aleolus

...Wait, Mab Wanted Jy to be marked by the Fae?  Does she know something the rest of us don't, which she is wanting to protect Jy from, like possibly the Creature Council, wanting to *ahem* remove Jyrras, or something similar?

Azraelle

I'm thinking it could possibly be as protection, like Aleolus just said (read the entire thread to see if anyone else thought of that).  The rule with the bracelet is that if a being is marked by a Fae, they're off-limits to anyone else's schemes, right?  Hopefully the creature council recognizes and respects that.

Or, she's just been playing us all like a fiddle.  Sooo many strings, that fiddle has ...

Alondro

*Charles erms*  I dunno about protection, although Albanion's comments about it making him very unhappy could be misleading.  He might be unhappy about the interference or whatnot.  Alas, Amber has made it purposely ambiguous... which means she's casting her own evil upon her character.   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on October 26, 2007, 03:11:05 PM
Alas, Amber has made it purposely ambiguous... which means she's casting her own evil upon her character.   ;)

What is not ambiguous is that Mab goes to Albanion whenever she wants someone else to do the dirty work  :B

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eibborn

Do you guys remember how earlier this day, Mab was bored and wanted an adventure with Jyrras? Well... Here we go! Should be fun!
So... what do you think the curse is? He gradually turns green? Shrinks? Grows? It can't be too severe or too sudden, because then there's no fun to be had in removing it. . .
/kicks the internet over

terrycloth

Obviously, he'll be turned into a Cubi.

I'd say a fey, but they can't make more, apparently.

Tapewolf

Quote from: terrycloth on October 26, 2007, 04:08:21 PM
Obviously, he'll be turned into a Cubi.

I'd say a fey, but they can't make more, apparently.

That's already been nixed...

Quote from: Amber Williams on August 10, 2007, 11:35:31 PM
oh dear gods...

Please tell me you guys aren't actually thinking Albanion turned Jyrras into a Cubi is an actual plausable speculation? D:

That makes even my piddly walnut brain hurt. :<

Evidently Fae aren't quite that all-powerful.

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 26, 2007, 04:29:12 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on August 10, 2007, 11:35:31 PM
oh dear gods...

Please tell me you guys aren't actually thinking Albanion turned Jyrras into a Cubi is an actual plausable speculation? D:

That makes even my piddly walnut brain hurt. :<

I can say no doi about this matter..But I do belive all this has to come with SOME limit of power somewhere

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 26, 2007, 04:29:12 PM

It isn't so much a matter of power so much that it's a really. lame. idea.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 26, 2007, 05:30:45 PM
It isn't so much a matter of power so much that it's a really. lame. idea.
Fair enough.  I thought it had its charms from an 'immortality is a curse' point of view, in particular Dan's musings in 310, but yeah, among other things it would upset the Being:Creature ratio.

bill

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 26, 2007, 05:42:31 PM
Fair enough.  I thought it had its charms from an 'immortality is a curse' point of view, in particular Dan's musings in 310, but yeah, among other things it would upset the Being:Creature ratio.

If this was the case, odds are Albanion could just make Jyrras live a really long time without attaching any creature traits to it to begin with.  And really, there are a few other creature-races that would be better suited to an "oh noes! Cursed!".  Like Were. Or Undead. Or Mer. Or Human.  Personally it feels more like people are just Cubi-Crazy and try to wriggle them into every aspect they can.

Cogidubnus

So, Jyrras is cursed with having a bangle on his wrist, that warms anybody and everybody to -not- kill him, as he's already been claimed as a target by a Fae?
And, as it turns out, the Fae is only doing this at the bequest of a personal friend of said Jyrras, in exchange for a soul for his child, and is in all likelihood not actually harboring a grudge at all?

How dreadful...

Alondro

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 26, 2007, 05:58:20 PM

If this was the case, odds are Albanion could just make Jyrras live a really long time without attaching any creature traits to it to begin with.  And really, there are a few other creature-races that would be better suited to an "oh noes! Cursed!".  Like Were. Or Undead. Or Mer. Or Human.  Personally it feels more like people are just Cubi-Crazy and try to wriggle them into every aspect they can.

*Charles nods!*  That's cuz Cubi are the shmexy!  Like Fa'lina... teh hotness! 

*Charline giggles from the shadows*  Hee hee, poor Fa'lina.  She has to deal with a pathetic human's infatuation!  :giggle

*Charles continues*  Or... Charline!  Yes, as hard as it is to believe, I WANT her to murder me savagely every day!

*Charline*  :erk

*More insane rambling*  Death by her mighty jaws is better than life without the bliss of her fangs ripping me to bits!

*Charline*   :eek

*absolute lunacy!*  And every slash of her razor-sharp claws shedding my internal organs is a testament to our LOVE!!

*Charline*   D:  I've created a monster!! 

(Brought to you by isoflurane and paraformaldehyde.  When a biologist just isn't crazy enough, have him dissect something.  And further note, fume hoods don't ventilate fast enough.  X_x )
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

terrycloth

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 26, 2007, 05:58:20 PMAnd really, there are a few other creature-races that would be better suited to an "oh noes! Cursed!".  Like Were. Or Undead.

Aha! He infected Jyrras so that when he dies, he'll turn into an undead. Then no one will want to hug him, and he'll understand how he made Nutmeg feel! >:3

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Alondro on October 26, 2007, 10:14:25 AM
*Charline laughs!*  See?  I told you the Fae were eviler than us Cubi!  Sure one of us is planning to destroy the dragon race, and sure we eat Beings souls whenever we feel like it, but at least we're not playing games behind our friends' backs and manipulating them to go along with our evil plans.

See, we ASK if the Beings want to be part of our plans... and outright kill them when they refuse.  Much nicer!   >:3

Indeed!

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 26, 2007, 06:02:27 PM
So, Jyrras is cursed with having a bangle on his wrist, that warms anybody and everybody to -not- kill him, as he's already been claimed as a target by a Fae?
And, as it turns out, the Fae is only doing this at the bequest of a personal friend of said Jyrras, in exchange for a soul for his child, and is in all likelihood not actually harboring a grudge at all?

How dreadful...
Your sarcasm has been noted.  I personally am of the opinion that Mab sees that Jyrras is probably a target of a Demon (As to what kind of target...), and as such had Albanon curse him for his own "protection." 
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

AnizInDisguise

Or, maybe this is all another dream Jyrras is having!  :U

Yeah I know that's not gonna be it, but I just had the urge to say it.

ShiningShadow

Mab's Evil hmmmmmmmmmm i'm leaning that she is a card carrying member of the Legion of Doom fan club. But to plan this from the begining is downright psycho. But there's is a reason for the maddness in Mab's mind or which I called her Sybill in any case I think what she is doing is to protect Jy-Jy from something happening to him in the near future. If the Fae has that ability to see ahead in the future as of Falina case I think there will be something that will hurt Jy-Jy or kill him. That's how I see it at this point. I will wait further reading if this is coming the way as it is at this point.

kaskar

8)  This whole chapter seems to be a carefully planned, premeditated attack on Jyrras, by Mab herself, with external help from other Fae ...  ( And what will come of Jy ? )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: terrycloth on October 26, 2007, 06:33:50 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 26, 2007, 05:58:20 PMAnd really, there are a few other creature-races that would be better suited to an "oh noes! Cursed!".  Like Were. Or Undead.

Aha! He infected Jyrras so that when he dies, he'll turn into an undead. Then no one will want to hug him, and he'll understand how he made Nutmeg feel! >:3

WHAT????? this is totally Out of Character for Mabs...

Look, She can see that Jyrras has been down for awhile after his talk with Dan, the Wildy's book deal and avoiding Lorenda.  So she decides to take him on an adventure, and finds out about her parents.  She could have just cooked this scheme up with Albanion, when she found out that her Mother and Dad were dying.  She did run ahead to the Fae Kingdom and get her spear.  And  started this whole thing to cheer up Jyrras.  The old family friend thing could have been decided centuries ago.

Sooooooooo
Did Nutmeg know who the old family friends was?
Will Jyrras be happy with whatever Mab and her Fae friends cook up for him?

Will Rose be damaged for life after Jyrras' life storytelling?

Will Lorenda ever find a Stud that her mother would be tempted to eat?

And Where is Wildy?   And Will she ever tell Jy Jy of her love for him?

PBH

ALL these questions are base on nothing

Toric

I just read the comic.

I think I actually heard a gear in my head snap in two.
Yap by Silver.

Naldru

You might also want to worry about whether Mab has any schemes going involving the other residents of Lost Lake.  After all, she does know Fa'lina.  Could the trip to SAIA also have involved some plans.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

DMFA!

Wait, so Albanion and Mab planned for Jyrass to get cursed?? And I thought it was Mab's mother whose soul was going to be kept?? -------------> http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_824.php
  :erk *confusion*

zaehlas

Yes, Amber blindsided us, wow.   However, I'm thinking more and more about Mab, and I think we might wanna think closer to home.  She's a FAE.

Phase 1,  Mab's parents let Mab know they are planning to pass on.  Mab contacts Albanion (and Nutmeg) to set everything up.
Phase 2,  Big meeting in front of everyone to drag Jyrras and Matilda to Fae plane.
Phase 3,  The curse and the deal.
Phase 4, ???

Anyway, VERY doubtful Jyrras is cursed to be a Cubi.  That gag already used (without the curse) on Dan, and would be too blase.  Besides, alot of Cubi showing up.  My belief is that Mab has been worried about Jyrras and his relationship stuff, and the trip to the Fae plane is to get the relationship stuff out in the open, and the curse is going to fix his relationship issues once and for all.

Personally, if I found that a longstanding "evil plot" and external influences, *of a Fae nature* fixed all MY relationship problems, I would be "unhappy" too.  For a while, anyway.   You get over these things.

Aleolus

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 26, 2007, 05:58:20 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 26, 2007, 05:42:31 PM

Notice how Amber is specifically avoiding telling us what is going to happen when the 'curse' on Jy is activated, or anything else on this topic?

Naldru

Quote from: DMFA! on October 28, 2007, 10:23:00 AM
Wait, so Albanion and Mab planned for Jyrass to get cursed?? And I thought it was Mab's mother whose soul was going to be kept?? -------------> http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_824.php
I suspect the act of becoming incorporeal and the act of passing the soul on to the new recipient are two several events.  So she probably had parting moments with both parents and will then have moments where each parent is passed on.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: DMFA! on October 28, 2007, 10:23:00 AM

I'll concede him, her, whoever this may be cannot necessarily be trusted, but...

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_786.php

With regards,
Ted

Ted Schiller

Queen Nutmeg could have known the soul of Mab's father would go to a family friend, but not know her husband was the family friend.  That makes sense,... therefore it must be wrong.   :mowdizzy

With regards,
Ted