10/20/07 [Abel #103]

Started by Fragmaster01, October 20, 2007, 12:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sid

Quote from: WhiteFire on October 20, 2007, 10:14:52 AM
http://www.fur.com/~wfire/Abel-GPF.png

Looking at the close-up like that, I gotta note that it's a cute touch to see Abel's tail tucked in between his legs like that.

(Edited to include link to pic since my post happened to be on a different page than the pic itself)
:boogie

AnizInDisguise

Oh so much win right there. But it would help if the text was a little larger.

And also, Aniz is hot in that new outfit if you ask me  :boogie

techmaster-glitch

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! D: D: D: D: D: D:

Abel definately fits several sentances of the decription. It may not be a Heroic BSOD, but it's pretty darned close...

Zedd

Quick question and probley mostly a one those moments...
  Who thinks Aniz has been raiding my closet?

GabrielsThoughts

Abel runs on windows 95...OMG!that explains everything.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Aurawyn

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on October 20, 2007, 11:08:25 AM

YEa!  Icant read it.. Dont get the joke... well.. alittle I know what a BSOD Is.. but eh..

techmaster-glitch

Yes, I'm quoting myself, but click on the link...

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 20, 2007, 11:23:21 AM
BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! D: D: D: D: D: D:

Abel definately fits several sentances of the decription. It may not be a Heroic BSOD, but it's pretty darned close...

As well as this one

That should help a little in understanding the joke here.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 20, 2007, 12:10:08 PM
Abel runs on windows 95...OMG!that explains everything.
It would certainly explain why 'Cubi are unstable, but not how they live so long.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

WhiteFire

Quote from: Aurawyn on October 20, 2007, 12:36:18 PM
http://www.fur.com/~wfire/Abel-GPF.png (edited down to link since this is already included on page elsewhere.)

YEa!  Icant read it.. Dont get the joke... well.. alittle I know what a BSOD Is.. but eh..

It's really just nerd humor, so I didn't think making the BOSD itself anything more than recognizable important. This was compounded by the fact the forum seems to have told the browser to reduce the size of the image, making it further unreadable. I guess there is a max width or height that it likes. (Original: http://www.fur.com/~wfire/Abel-GPF.png)

Anyway, the line that is not standard error message reads:

i am the blue screen of death, no-one can hear your screams

Which, oddly enough, is exactly how I found the BSOD on Google images when I was searching for reference and I decided it fit well enough. :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhiteFire on October 20, 2007, 01:30:45 PM
This was compounded by the fact the forum seems to have told the browser to reduce the size of the image, making it further unreadable. I guess there is a max width or height that it likes.

The maximum is 500x500.  I always put a link to the image under my previews if the picture is too big, so people can click on that.

WhiteFire

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 20, 2007, 01:36:14 PM
The maximum is 500x500.  I always put a link to the image under my previews if the picture is too big, so people can click on that.

Oooooo... and now you know. :) Thanks, if I have further /b/ moments in the future I'll be sure to aim for that size or add a link. :)

Sunblink

(Full size: http://www.fur.com/~wfire/Abel-GPF.png )

Win. So. Much. WIN. XD

Yeah, I have nothing else to contribute other than that. I just thought that was deserving of a response. :3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Silverfoxr

rt

We interupt this cool artfest to say

.. yup i think i'd be still stuck in the same spot if i were Abel

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on October 20, 2007, 05:51:32 AM
If only Freud was still around.....He'd have a ball.

He was short one? I thought that was Hitler?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

Bloody 'cubi. Always expecting people to adjust at their convenience and their pace...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on October 20, 2007, 05:13:23 PM
Bloody 'cubi. Always expecting people to adjust at their convenience and their pace...
The only 'Cubi-like thing he's done is disguise himself as someone who almost looks like him anyway.  Everything else could have been done by an Angel or Demon, with only a few slight changes.
I mean seriously, in all other regards he's been a total pleb.  I've lost count of how many times he screwed up in ways that would not have happened if he just stopped messing around and started using the thought/mood reading abilities that Amber gave him.  He's almost like the main character in Age of the Pussyfoot who you end up wanting to die because he's such a cretin.

Caswin

Quote from: Regal on October 20, 2007, 01:04:57 AM
You played too rough with your toy, Aniz. Now you've broken it.
This quote entertains me more than it should.
Quote from: rabid_fox on October 20, 2007, 09:02:14 AMThe more I see of him, the more interesting a character Aniz is. So wonderfully flawed on all levels. I like that.
Hate to disagree (no, really) but I think flaws only make a character interesting when they're against the backdrop of a halfway decent personality, and therefore stand out as flaws.  However, I don't think we've seen anything of Aniz's personality other than cold, ruthless evil, with just a hint of sardonicism (sorry, I tried to find a better word, I really did) for flavor.  I won't come out and call him a flat character, certainly not before the story's finished, but right now, he seems to be nothing but character flaws, without any redeeming qualities.  Not exactly the most interesting character out there.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

WhiteFire

Stygian

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 20, 2007, 05:38:54 PM
The only 'Cubi-like thing he's done is disguise himself as someone who almost looks like him anyway.  Everything else could have been done by an Angel or Demon, with only a few slight changes.

Ah, yes. If he only had to change his looks slightly it's not such a big crime, is it? Never mind that he killed the guy and then knocked up his wife and gloated about it. No, I'm sure that an Angel would go about doing something vengeful and terrible in such a manner, not to mention a Demon. I mean, why settle for just killing the guy for revenge? Reciprocate reaction? That's not fun!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on October 20, 2007, 06:48:37 PM
Ah, yes. If he only had to change his looks slightly it's not such a big crime, is it?
The point, which I'm sorry to say it looks like you are deliberately evading, is that there is nothing he has done which he could not have done if he was an Angel or a Demon, and probably better.  Wings?  One of those lovely Creature->Being patches like Kria has.  Tail?  $29.99 at Digo Market.  Or a free surgery coupon.
The only tricky bit is learning enough about Cid to fool May, and if he came home with 'head injuries' after an adventure gone wrong, he could wing that too.

QuoteNever mind that he killed the guy and then knocked up his wife and gloated about it. No, I'm sure that an Angel would go about doing something vengeful and terrible in such a manner, not to mention a Demon. I mean, why settle for just killing the guy for revenge? Reciprocate reaction? That's not fun!
I'm not seeing how being a bastard is 'Cubi-specific.  Or having a child by a Being.

Brunhidden

an amulet may not be nessicary- we know that things like knit fabrics are extremely difficult, but thats really all we know. it leaves us two choices

1- Aniz is extremely powerful, chances are he can kill you with his butt cheeks. 'extremely difficult' is no hurdle when it comes to having pants of the right color, you should see him make toast

2- Its leather, mmmm, leather. technically its not knit or woven or whatever. also possible if he could make one solid piece of silk, i dunno.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Naldru

Quote from: Aurawyn on October 20, 2007, 12:36:18 PM

Here is the text on the page.  Do what I do.  Use an electronic magnifying glass and practice reading doctor's prescription forms.

Top of the page - the word "Windows" in blue text on a white background

I am the Blue Screen of Death, no-one can hear your screams

* Press any key to terminate the application.
*Press CTRL + ALT+ DEL again to restart your computer.  You will lose any unsaved data in all applications

Press any key to continue
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Amber Williams

Oh man. Be so happy this wasn't an Angel doing this.

You think Aniz is "bla bla bla" never-shut-up? :O

Angel's are ten gajillion times worse!  They would have likely pulled out a journal and start listing off various things they have done during the 25 years and how it all factored into their big plans.  And they go on and on and on...at least Cubi have a short enough attention span to drop stuff after a few minutes.

For what it's worth, I'm not really a mega-fan of Aniz going on and on, but it's unfortunately a necessity.  If not only because if he doesn't explain some stuff, it's never going to get explained and then I'd get cranky peeps at me about how I left so much to unknown.  On the plus side, you guys are actually getting the abridged short-speeches.  Trust me, there is a lot of things I've had to cut already to keep this from getting too tex-laden.

In other news: bewbs. :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 20, 2007, 08:32:56 PM
For what it's worth, I'm not really a mega-fan of Aniz going on and on, but it's unfortunately a necessity.  If not only because if he doesn't explain some stuff, it's never going to get explained and then I'd get cranky peeps at me about how I left so much to unknown.

Oh, perish the thought!  I like dialogue.  I'm just amazed at how much has gone wrong because Aniz seems to be incompetent.

In the last two scenes alone, he's been surprised by Abel, surprised by Hennya and not realised that his son's freaked out, all of which should not have happened because he is supposed to be a mind-reader (well, thought + emotion-reader, then).  The conclusion that he's an idiot is difficult to avoid  :B

thegayhare

Amber Williams

Well to be truthful, most people seem to really overplay the whole thought/emotion-reading aspect on Cubi as if its some mega-radar that gives them insight to everything and everyone around them.  It's not some form of dues-ex-powergama, and the vast majority of Cubi don't have it running 24/7 because it would just act more annoying than useful.

Abel in DMFA's normal canon for example will have it toned really down to avoid picking up most anything save for the loudest thoughts, or when he's in a situation that he feels warrents it.  If he's in a conversation with someone, odds are he's going to be completely blocking your thoughts/emotions cause they bother him.

Quote from: thegayhare on October 20, 2007, 08:46:48 PM
Why is it always bewbs?

I'm sorry. But they are more fun to say than anything on the male spectrum.  The only exception may be if one allows the term "wangers".

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 20, 2007, 08:50:43 PM
Well to be truthful, most people seem to really overplay the whole thought/emotion-reading aspect on Cubi as if its some mega-radar that gives them insight to everything and everyone around them.  It's not some form of dues-ex-powergama, and the vast majority of Cubi don't have it running 24/7 because it would just act more annoying than useful.
Yeah, I can see the logic behind that, but in both attack cases, I'm amazed he didn't pick up the sudden burst of hatred or anger etc as they commit to the attack.  That's all he needed.  He's in what appears to be a secluded cottage, so he's not going to need a mind-shield for crowd reasons.
Granted he might be trying to block out the spam from May's mind, but after Abel hit him he really should have been on the emotional lookout in case someone else decided to have a go... as they say, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

Amber Williams

I'll let you in on a secret:  Aniz knew Abel was going to attack. He was more than prepared for that.  His error was that Hennya went on instincts rather than reason when she attacked, thus there wasn't an emotional or thought-laden cue.  And while he expected her to attack at some point, it threw him off guard and caused him to lose it temporarily.

He hasn't fully recovered. Not because of the actual attack or by injury, but more because losing his cool threw everything slightly off-balance.  If he seems to be a bit off in his current speech with Abel, you would be correct as his mind is a bit elsewhere so he's not giving rational thought 100%.  Ironically, if Abel was to launch an attack at this moment, it would be his best shot. :B

And that is all Amber is going to say on this thread.

Stygian

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 20, 2007, 08:32:56 PM
Oh man. Be so happy this wasn't an Angel doing this.

You think Aniz is "bla bla bla" never-shut-up? :O

Angel's are ten gajillion times worse!  They would have likely pulled out a journal and start listing off various things they have done during the 25 years and how it all factored into their big plans.  And they go on and on and on...at least Cubi have a short enough attention span to drop stuff after a few minutes.

D:

Noooo! Amber! Why dost thou dash my perceptions and hopes to pieces so?! If this is just aimed at getting me to shut up, then I will personally come over there and scare the living crap out of you at the next convenient convention! Not that I wasn't planning to time that in if I visit the States in the first place, but never mind...

Alright. So 'cubi might not always be the worst. So. Then I'll just have to start loathing creatures in general instead. Oh, wait... I already do.

>:3