10/06/07 [Abel #101] - Again

Started by AndersW, October 05, 2007, 11:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

Quote from: Alondro on October 06, 2007, 09:51:05 AM
*Charline laughs and laughs and laughs*  This was the funniest one yet!  The sad, teary eyes, the looks of despair!  Amber really knows how to amuse a cubi!  Hee hee hee!   >:3

(grrs) Dangit, Charline, what'd I just tell Stygian! You sadist types are really startin' to get to me! >:O
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 06, 2007, 08:18:44 AM
Rumour has it that Abel's backstory is a pleasantly warming tale compared to Fa'Lina's  :erk

I'd agree with you, going by what Abel mentions in his "short version" of 'Cubi history.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

computer nerd

Quote from: SpottedKitty on October 06, 2007, 10:22:06 AM
Rumour has it that Abel's backstory is a pleasantly warming tale compared to Fa'Lina's  :erk

I'd agree with you, going by what Abel mentions in his "short version" of 'Cubi history.
Same here   :<

Aurawyn

I think its a "Defeated' look..

She knows there is nothing she can do to help him.. and so she's hanging her head, also shes got those little wobble lines behind her ears, so I think Maybe shes crying quietly too...

Wow..  That comment, hit kinda close to home actually....

Naldru

Quote from: SpottedKitty on October 06, 2007, 10:22:06 AM

Would you consider Fa'lina's current personality a good way of coping with her troubled past or a bad way?  Should she be considered a potential role model for Dan and Abel in the same way that Devin was for Abel.  Should cookies and muffins be considered the best approach for problem solving?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Illusionist on October 06, 2007, 05:21:57 AM
This comic was so Jack, I half expected Drip to show up and start raping people.

You know, I was thinking that myself, except the Drip part was just a subconscious thought in the back of my head.

Regal

Fa'lina's family was killed by muffins! She's been getting revenge ever since.  :mowcookie

Jigsaw Forte

Am I the only one who sees Aniz's black silhouette as a tip-off that he was Kria's instructor?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on October 06, 2007, 12:31:44 PM
Am I the only one who sees Aniz's black silhouette as a tip-off that he was Kria's instructor?
*checks*
*checks*
Whoa, that actually does look close.

However, this is not the first time it's been suggested, and I'm thinking it's not true. Why would a cubi be teaching a demon class? I don't think Fa'Lina goes for that kind of thing too often, and Aniz has said himself that she is closely involved with what Aniz is doing.

But, on the flip side, Cid/Aniz did come home saying he met a 'friend'. That has yet to be revealed.

Honestly, I can't take a side on this. There simply is not enough conclusive evidence either way.

GabrielsThoughts

paralyzed with fear...Abel suddenly goes into a beserker frenzy killing everyone, including the neighbors.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

BeckyW

Quote from: Illusionist on October 06, 2007, 07:50:17 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 06, 2007, 07:20:43 AM
This comic was so Jack, I half expected Drip to show up and start raping people.

Not one of the regular ones, but.

*takes a shot*

Sorry, did I miss something? Something involving drinking?

Nah, some people here just seem to like to attack others because they actually read other comics.   

wussycat

I just thought of something...

After Abel and Aniz leave, someone is probably going to come by and find a bat**** insane May and the Hennya cutlets.

May's probably going to be arrested for the murder of Hennya. :mowsad

Stygian

Quote from: Black_angel on October 06, 2007, 10:16:11 AM
Quote from: Alondro on October 06, 2007, 09:51:05 AM
*Charline laughs and laughs and laughs*  This was the funniest one yet!  The sad, teary eyes, the looks of despair!  Amber really knows how to amuse a cubi!  Hee hee hee!   >:3

(grrs) Dangit, Charline, what'd I just tell Stygian! You sadist types are really startin' to get to me! >:O

That's so sweet, Angel. :3 Now, go cry while we laugh with malicious mirth. >:3

No, really. I concur with Keaton's first point and with Goatmon. If anything, this should explain Abel's aversion to personal closeness. He doesn't want to end up anything like his father.

Zina

Quote from: BeckyW on October 06, 2007, 01:16:19 PM

*takes a shot*

Nah, some people here just seem to like to attack others because they actually read other comics.   

Someone should make a reference to another comic that isn't Jack, then. :V

Illusionist

Quote from: Zina on October 06, 2007, 02:28:11 PM

*takes a shot*

Za? Why the fscking wang should we do that?

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Illusionist on October 06, 2007, 02:47:01 PM
Quote from: Zina on October 06, 2007, 02:28:11 PM

*takes a shot*

Za? Why the fscking wang should we do that?

... because I would appreciate the ego boost?  :cry  ;)

Zina

There tends to be a lot of references to Jack and only Jack. To be honest, it gets kind of old after a while.
That and Jigsaw would appreciate the ego boost. :<

Rafe

Well, not really old for most of us, but it does get Janus and Zina all squeaky as you can see.  Better censor yourself next time you think of "that" comic.
Rafe

rt

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte link=topic=3478.msg149997#msg149997
... because I would appreciate the ego boost?  :cry  ;)
/quote]

*helps*

It's just like in Jigsaw Forte .. when Jig gets out the saw and goes after Forte.

No one said it had to be a good reference  :<

Illusionist

I..uh...don't think you people got it.

My last post had three references to non-Jack webcomics.

Amber Williams

To be honest, both sides are kind of nerve-grating after a while.  Is it really so much better to have someone making a snide comment about the Jack reference than the reference itself?

To clear things up, there are two issues at hand.  One side finds it highly annoying that Jack is apparently the say-all/end-all of drama and anytime something sad or bad happens in DMFA, that its so "Jack".  And honestly, it doesn't help that it is the only comic menioned...which is why when it is brought up, it gets on people's nerves because there is nothing to buffer between occurances thus it makes it seem like its mentioned every day.

On the other side, it isn't really fair to bring up everytime Jack is mentioned and throw it in the person's face.  It makes one appear smug and holier-than-thou.  And it really isn't fair to Jack's creator, who is a pretty keen guy.  I'd rather not make it seem like the readers over here have a major hate-on for his stuff.  That said, there isn't any rule saying one has to mention three other comics for every Jack mention.

Either way, I think it's time to let this die down and go back to the original topic at hand.  Primarily: MEEEEEEEE.

Personally I think I'll dedicate this current Abel's Story update to all those people who sent me emails saying how they really hoped Abel would get his comeuppance. :3

Zina

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 06, 2007, 03:05:01 PM

Either way, I think it's time to let this die down and go back to the original topic at hand.  Primarily: MEEEEEEEE.

One time, Amber punched me in the face.
It was awesome.

Janus Whitefurr

Personally I think I'll dedicate this current Abel's Story update to all those people who sent me emails saying how they really hoped Abel would get his comeuppance. :3

You should keep a tally of how many Abel-haters became sympathisers after reading Abel's Story. I imagine the count would be pretty high.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Amber Williams

I'm not really expecting haters to become sympathisers. But I am hoping for some good old "Oh you wanted Abel to be miserable eh? WELL HERE YA GO! :U  Whats that? Not the way you wanted it?  BWAAHAHAHAAHAAHA!"

I am a shallow terrible being.

And one time I punched Zina in the face. It was aweseome. :3

Kasarn

But I sympathised with Abel to begin with... I didn't want him to be miserable and now I just feel doubleplusungood :[

When does he get to go to rainbow mountain?

Stygian

I don't think that I can entirely overlook my general fear and loathing of 'cubi, but at least in Abel's case I'm willing to make an extremely generous compromise. Mostly so long as his comeuppance teaches him a valuable thing or two about his father's ways. And, more importantly, so long as he really, really earns that 'thorn in my side' comment from Fa'Lina. >:3

Zedd

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 06, 2007, 03:12:44 PM
I'm not really expecting haters to become sympathisers. But I am hoping for some good old "Oh you wanted Abel to be miserable eh? WELL HERE YA GO! :U  Whats that? Not the way you wanted it?  BWAAHAHAHAAHAAHA!"

I am a shallow terrible being.

And one time I punched Zina in the face. It was aweseome. :3
Every time Amber punches someone..Take a drink!

Quote from: Stygian on October 06, 2007, 03:31:39 PM
I don't think that I can entirely overlook my general fear and loathing of 'cubi, but at least in Abel's case I'm willing to make an extremely generous compromise. Mostly so long as his comeuppance teaches him a valuable thing or two about his father's ways. And, more importantly, so long as he really, really earns that 'thorn in my side' comment from Fa'Lina. >:3
You should write a book Sty...I can see you as an author sometime

Angel

His comeuppance for what?  :confused What'd he do? I mean, besides hit Dan in the head with a bat, change his outfit, puke on his shoes, and try to kill him with veggies.

Quote from: Stygian on October 06, 2007, 02:20:21 PM

That's so sweet, Angel. :3 Now, go cry while we laugh with malicious mirth. >:3

...Well, after the tone of the discussion started to turn, I started smiling. So carry on, O Pain-loving ones!  :3

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Black_angel on October 06, 2007, 03:35:52 PM
His comeuppance for what?  :confused What'd he do? I mean, besides hit Dan in the head with a bat, change his outfit, puke on his shoes, and try to kill him with veggies.

Wildy's done far worse and she's one of Dan's friends.  Interestingly, I was sorely tempted to vote for Regina's story because I don't like her and I wasn't sure I wanted to watch Abel suffer :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Goatmon

Teehee.