The Castle [03] (Remba, but don't let it stop you)

Started by Aisha deCabre, May 13, 2007, 06:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareeku

Observing the tigress, Gareeku could feel no ill will from her, and so was relieved to find his caution to be ill-founded. Listening to Rynkura introduce herself, the wolf smiled and bowed his head in greeting.
"My name is Gareeku Manoko. A pleasure." the wolf replied politely, before chuckling slightly. "I apologise for the lack of a better introduction. Exhaustion tends to take it out of you."

It was then, however, that something came to him...Rynkura...he heard that name before. From Aisha, in fact. He remembered how aisha told him of a figure also named Rynkura; Aisha's mentor. However, now was not the time to be making deeper aquaintences. Mel needed help.
"Most likely I am." the wolf replied to Rynkura's comment about heading in the same direction. "I'll be fine, I'm just exhausted, that's all. Mel on the other hand is in a critical condition. If you could help her it would be greatly appreciated. Just follow the blood trail."

Aisha deCabre

Back in the room where Mel lay, Aisha let her hand fall from her forehead as the tension she felt started to recede.  The panther's crimson-tinged gaze was kept upon the dragon, and for the moment it seemed that she was stable.  She sighed quietly before glancing curiously up to the bat, who still looked troubled.  Before long however, he stood up and started for the door.

The panther let him without questioning, though her head tilted with curiosity as to what he had gone off to investigate.  Gods, let it not be more trouble, she sighed and put her forehead into her hands again, watching the still-unconscious dragon and not even thinking of the very opposite possibility that stood only mere steps away from the room.

Hearing the wolf introduce himself, Rynkura bowed her head in a polite greeting back, however she couldn't help but inwardly smile.  Manoko?  I should have expected to see such a reputable adventurer name investigating this place.

"Likewise, the pleasure is mine," she answered, then peered down the hall where the trail went on through a darkening portion, or at least it looked and felt that way to her.  She gripped her staff.  "I won't linger then.  I doubt an encounter with a Mythos can very well wait."  With a brief farewell nod to Gareeku, she started to follow it...and had only planted but a few steps in that direction when she paused instantly.  Someone else was approaching...and they had an unmistakeable feel about them...dark.  A very faint pulse of light magic sent through the floor through her staff, similar to the effects of sonar, only confirmed the feeling when it came back with a shadowy feel.

She glanced up to see the bat coming towards them, silent and purposeful.  Still, Rynkura didn't show any type of concern, instead regarding him with a calm demeanor while beginning to step forward beside the path of blood.  Something was familiar somehow, nothing that she could pinpoint right away.  And yet...

"I take it I finally see the host of this place," Rynkura admonished in a calm and neutral tone, in fact it could be taken for polite.  After all she wasn't hoping yet to be a part of trouble, considering the situation.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Prof B Hunnydew

Watching Rynkura go up the stairs and down the hall, She sighed and returns to the ballroom.

She pick up some towels on the way...and walk in find the frog is still out.  Bambi hope that Mel will be alright now... And maybe this Healer cause help Jeremiah..  Bambi greeted Ketefe and then to check on the frog.

*sigh* she needed a shower, maybe a new outfit.  She would be comfortable like this if she wasn't sticky she thought.  Checking on Jeremiah, he seems different and he wasn't bleeding, but something wasn't right..  Was it that he taller or his tail?... a Tail?! What is a spherical tail doing on a frog?   She backed away from the frog, he seemed stronger, but she thought it better to keep on eye on him, and let him sleep. 

"Oh Ketefe, Get the Gareeku, Please it is about Jeremiah " whispers Bam to Kete away from the frog. 

:mowmeep
PBH

Boog

"Wait, both of you..." the frog jerked awake and chuckled again, and reached out a trembling hand to Bambi, "Please, don't go. Can't be alone. Come closer..."

(OOC: *Ahem* Tail? Que?)

Prof B Hunnydew

Bambi moves back close enough to see the frog's face, but also to find a seat close by.  She was tried too, hoping the healer would be checking on them soon. which would mean the dragon was on the mend.

PBH

Stygian

Stygian stopped and scanned the tigress up and down just once. His black eyes gleamed, moving invisibly, but apart from the slightest shift of his gaze his face was kept a solemn, smooth surface. Not the best face for a greeting. More like one fit for a funeral. He did make a smooth bow though, if not so deep, and very slowly and properly approached the elderly woman.
   "The unwilling host, I am afraid. For lack of any other," he said, and stood, looking her deeply in the eyes. He was conflicted as to whether he should treat her as an honored guest, or just a chance one. In either case, he really didn't feel like either, for some reason. And it was not just the fact that Mel was at the risk of dying and that the woman herself was almost glowing, radiating a warm aura of... something. Light. A sort of aura that he was quite familiar with.
   "I would normally not spare the pleasantries like this. Hell knows that we've had too little of such lately. But I am afraid that I am still going to be so blunt as to ask just what you are doing here, if I may?" he continued, tilting his head just a slight bit and relaxing his posture. That should ease the image out just a bit, he thought. Then, he reconsidered. "We are having a bit of a situation, so if you wouldn't mind...?" he said, raising an eyebrow slightly.

Angel

Ketefe eyed Jeremiah with a little uncertainty. Bambi had been pretty nervous about Jeremiah even before he got sick, so she wasn't sure how much she could trust him. Besides which, the frog's behavior was starting to creep her out. It's probably just the sickness, but still... He was acting almost delirious, and he seemed to be getting sicker every second. Waiting for a healer might take too long. She crouched near the frog again, looking at him with a reasoning expression.

"Jeremiah. I'm going to the door for a minute to see if anyone's out there. But you're getting too sick for me or Bam to take care of you properly, and if we wait too long..." She didn't want to finish the sentence, but it was easy to tell what she was afraid of. "One of us is going to have to leave and get a healer here if one doesn't come soon."
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Aisha deCabre

The bat's demeanor was as she expected, perhaps a little more so.  Eyes of emerald regarded his own dark gaze with still curiosity and respect, looking him over as well.  She sensed no hostility, but perhaps caution...or was it concern?  The word didn't come to her, but the tigress wondered if she should be intimidated or feel the same ways; it was what a guest of her sort would feel like.  At any rate, she made a bow of her head back to him and allowed herself to casually lean upon her staff.

"My apologies, of course I would explain myself," Rynkura smiled.  "I'm here for, I imagine, the same reason that your unexpected guests are, if I guess how many of them are adventurers."  She cast a glimpse back to Gareeku before continuing.  "Suffice it to say as well that I've seen this place before and felt it appropriate to check on recent...events."  The last word was said with a slight glimmer to her eyes.

She tossed her head up dismissively before it could be thought on.  "But the exact reason for my coming can wait.  For now though, I've been implored to tend to your situation."  Having noticed after all that he was partially covered in the same bluish tint of blood that was on the floor, it said that he was indeed a part of it.

She straightened her posture and lowered her chin to her neck in light respect, but put her eyebrows up with a look that said most likely that she was going, regardless.  "If I may."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Boog

"Just... Come a lil' closer," the frog wheezed and chuckled a little more, his eyes taking on that peculier cast they did when he was trying to hypnotize someone. He stared deep into Bambi's eyes, "Gotta tell ya sumth'n', come closer..."

The cloaked thing in Jeremiah's mind continued fiddling with his marionette. Only a few pieces to go. The one who'd arrived in the mask may interract oddly with it as well, she seemed like an interesting playmate. Oh, how much fun there was to be had!

Prof B Hunnydew

"Yea yes yes Ketefe, Please Go to Bat and Healer, tell them that the Jeremiah sick like before Cold cold" said Bambi as she shakes her head, "Remember to said as before the Cold "    The Fae pulls and then pushes Ketefe out the ballroom door.  Bambi goes back cautiously towards the Frog  after shutting the door on the new kitty.

PBH   

Stygian

When Rynkura simply returned his courtesies and relaxed, Stygian was very nearly relieved. Finally, someone who was polite but decisive and firm. Someone who by the looks of it wouldn't waltz around as they pleased and cause trouble, and who wo...
   His train of thought stopped there, when she told of her business. For a second, something flickered through his mind, an unnerving feeling almost akin to recollection. It disappeared though, into the rush of other thoughts and worry that had made its way into his mind. His face didn't shift, but he swallowed, and then looked at the tigress' face a bit more closely. Should he have...?
   He didn't finish that thought either. Instead, the bat turned to the side and motioned down the hallway, again nodding just a bit. If she could assist, then he would not protest. So long as he could keep watch of her, everything was under control. And she really did not seem bad, after all.
   "Please," he said simply.
   Still, as he turned and walked, leading the way back toward the room where Mel and Aisha still were, he could not shake that unnerving feeling. For something to do, he pulled out his glasses from somewhere, and settled them on the bridge of his muzzle. Then he pinched it and closed his eyes. Was there something he should remember...?

Aisha deCabre

As the bat turned to take the position of leading the way to the room where she figured the injured dragon was, Rynkura nodded and proceeded to follow along.  "Thank you," she admonished, pleased that things so far had chosen to go smoothly in that place, however a reputation it might have gathered after so many years.

The tigress still held a quiet curiosity for the host, however, noticing only briefly his tense demeanor with her presence.  I wonder how long he has been here.  Everyone, for that matter...I was given the impression that this place was long abandoned.  But if I make good my intentions then perhaps they will be good as to tell me.  Patience, after all.

Ahead, as they approached the room, the tigress perked her ears to see if she could discern anything before walking in.  All she seemed to hear however was some very shallow breathing and a bit of muttering.

Aisha kept beside Mel, watching the dragon as her condition seemed to be kept in stability.  But to the panthress it was as if she was watching someone teetering precariously on the edge of a cliff...her life could slip one way or the other, and now all that anyone could do was watch and wait to see which way it would fall.  Such is a healer's plight...

Occasionally she loosened the binding with her cape to check the severity of the gash, and carefully tightened it in strategic places so that it would try to heal evenly, and even added some more of the substance Sebastian gave her onto the more sensitive areas.  Aisha sighed as she sat back again, uttering a few indiscernable words out loud, partially of her birth tongue and partially of the common.  Her somber train of thought however was interrupted as she heard footsteps approaching the door...two pairs of them.  Who could be coming to watch now? She thought, glancing to the door curiously.

That was when the door opened again, admitting Sebastian, at least as she expected...and someone she certainly did not expect.

The panther's crimson eyes widened instantly, and while standing up, nearly jumped from her seat.  Her mouth hung agape for a moment.  It wasn't easy to catch the hunter in such surprise, but of course it was the case now.

"Mistress Rynkura?!"
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gareeku

As he leant against the wall, Gareeku could feel his strength returning to him. Taking a step away from the wall, the wolf found that he was now able to stand without the need for support, though he still felt very weak. Following the others into the room where Mel was being kept, Gareeku raised an eyebrow at Aisha's reaction upon seeing the white tigress.
So this is indeed the famous Rynkura that I've heard so much about... the wolf thought to himself. Snapping himself out of his ponderings, Gareeku looked around at the others.

"I hate to break up the reunion, but Mel needs seeing to. She's in a critical condition as you guys know, and personally unlike the proper introductions and reunions I don't think her treatment can wait." the wolf said. He didn't mean to sound rude, but Mel needed seeing to. As he had stated, the dragon was in a serious condition, and he feared that if she wasn't treated soon then her condition would deteriorate.

Boog

The frog on the ground chuckled again, "Are you worried about me, Bambi? You strike me as the caring type. Or are you worried about someone else? You also strike me as the clever type," He giggled and pulled himself to his feet. The manner in which he stood up was odd; most people would use their hands to aide in such a matter, leaning forward to put weight onto them before moving up to their knees and from there, standing. He, however, scrabbled at the wall with his hands, pushing himself upright and swaying forward. Jeremiah, or whatever was looking out through his eyes, lurched forward with feet dragging along the ground. "So sharp you'll cut yourself, one of these days..."
And then vanished. An illusion! That getting upright awkwardly was a stall while the real deal, hidden in plain sight, slipped out after Ketefe...

Angel

Ketefe wasn't sure she liked being shoved out of a room - or having a door slammed in her face. But she knew Bambi was worried and almost scared about Jeremiah, and probably didn't want him to hurt anyone. So she turned and walked swiftly away from the door, following the blood trail on the ground and the scent of the others (and the newcomer, who smelled feline and female) up a set of stairs and a little ways down a hallway. She finally saw a room with an open door, and peeked around the doorframe to see who was inside.

Mel was lying on the bed, unconscious and with a cloak wrapped around her leg rather than Ketefe's mask. The panthress was standing next to the bed, eyes nearly popping out of her head at the new person, who was standing next to Stygian. The new person was a tall, elegant white tigress; she seemed like the sort of woman who earns respect simply by her demeanor.

"Sorry if I interrupted anything," Ketefe said, entering the doorframe and bowing halfway. "But Bambi and I have a slight problem. Jeremiah's sick and he's acting delirious. Bambi said he was like that 'before the cold.' I assume you know what that means, because I don't." She looked at Stygian during her last sentence. Must  the cold I felt last night...

"Could one of you come down and help out, if you can? Neither Bam nor I can help Jeremiah anymore than we have."
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Stygian

As he had already taken time to calm and regain his center, there was no notion from Stygian as he finally got to know the tigress' name, Aisha exclaiming it as if she had suddenly won a hand on cards or something of the like. However, a whisper of a tense and sour, and somewhat spiky scent that smelled something like surprise, irritation and discomfort mixed together snuck through the room for just a second, while the bat moved around behind Rynkura to stand at the top of the bed, placing his hand down next to Mel's head.
   "Please. As much as I think that this whole situation could be better, to understate things, I do not wish to be such a poor host as to let one of my guests die," he said, looking gravely at the tigress. It was not the only reason, but it was true. "None of us here have the skills to help her through this, it would seem; not in a way that matters. Well, at least, certainly not I." His eyes were still as dark and cold, but they were tinged with concern somehow.
   Then, in came Ketefe, and for a moment Stygian turned his face to her, that concern vanishing as his face tensed a bit again. But as much as the cat's interruption was irritating, it was still urgent. Her words could only mean one thing, after all. Still, he did not feel ashamed when he wished that he simply wouldn't have to deal with this one.

Prof B Hunnydew

"GRRRRR JEREMIAH!!!!!!" A scream a Yell sounded throughout the castle from the ballroom.

The Fae catgirl slammed both doors of the ballroom open, Bambi in full Fae Mode stood looking up and down the hallway.  She scannedwith magic sight to find that invisible traitorous frog.  Looking from floor to ceiling, as she rushes to follow Mel's blood trail   She see a ripple in her visioin and attacks with a fae fireshot.   The magic fire burns and outlines him but a second... Yet She loses sight of him again.

PBH

Mel Dragonkitty

Hot. It was too hot. Mel felt as if someone was poking her in the stomach with a flaming torch. She whimpered. She wanted to go home. She dreamt of home, of ice as far as a fast dragon could fly in a day. She dreamt of ice and snow and frigid water.

And as fever dreams filled the dragon's mind illusions began appearing and disappearing in the nearby rooms and halls. Hallways became glacier crevices and stairs frigid waterfalls with lacy edges of ice. Crystal chandeliers became dangerous clusters of icicles, and furniture drifts of snow. Strange beasts wandered in and out of the icy landscape.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Aisha deCabre

As Rynkura stepped through the door and suddenly heard her name, her eyes fell upon Aisha with the same amount of surprise that she had shown.  Her normally confident face had crossed for a mere moment into confusion and questioning.  Why and how did she...?  Then she glimpsed the dragon upon the bed, wrapped in a familiar bloodstained cloak.  A light smile crossed her face before looking back to her foremost student and charge...one could say that it showed some pride, guessing already the events of the past moments.

"'Tis to see you too, chica," she started to say to the panthress, only to hear Gareeku enter the room and say his piece about the dire situation at hand.  The healer glanced back at him and nodded her solemn agreement.  "Well put, sir Manoko."  She turned back to Aisha, who was standing straight in respect yet still looked to be in some shock.  "Talk will be had later, my girl."  With a silent and quick nod from Aisha as she stepped out of her way, the white tiger started across to the bed and sat beside it, laying her staff upon it, at the foot, while the bat stood at the head.

Hearing his words, full of truth and concern, Rynkura briefly bowed her head.  "By my oath and power I shall do my best," she said with in a soft voice filled with utmost sincerity and confident practice...after all she had said those same words for too many years to count.  Her hands suddenly had a soft white outline to them.  The tigress soon immersed herself in total concentration, tuning out any other noise and distraction to come after that.

"Ice dragon..." the tigress muttered beneath her breath, as if trying to recall a few things.  She carefully removed the cape from around Mel, revealing the horrid gash and the intensity of it.  Her hand passed over her fevered body once.  "Traces of a healing spell have been here already...good mind on this one, strong will for pain," she kept muttering.  Her eyes flashed a lighter tone of green, further seeking the intensity of the injuries...much blood lost, torn on the outside, a few internal injuries which hadn't been controlled...there was one of the main problems.

An uttered command, and the tiger's staff passed enough light magic across the sheets to encompass the dragon and hopefully keep her pain at bay.  Finally, she placed her hands on the parts of the dragon's body where she had pinpointed the internal injuries, and pressed.  "She will feel very warm for just a few moments as the spell adjusts to her body's energy and recommended temperature, and then should cool rapidly when it does," she explained, just in case the ice dragon couldn't well tolerate warmth as well as thought...Rynkura tried to avoid having to explain liability as much as possible during her work.

The dragon's body was encompassed in a bright golden glow then, as Rynkura closed her eyes and allowed her spell to replace her sight.  The first thing she was going to do was seal the internal ruptures, and that would take some energy to do.  She could feel Mel stir meanwhile, mostly through her spirit and her mind...she even sensed a minor bit of the dragon's own magic.  She didn't investigate it, nor block it...only let it flow, for hindering Mel mentally could only make things worse.  Physically, all that the dragon would feel was the burning sensation of pain just start to deteriorate while a softer warmth flowed across her veins and coming and intensifying slowly enough that it hopefully wouldn't frighten her.

Aisha watched from the side meanwhile, leaning on the wall and toning the elation and relief she had been feeling down while observing her master.  Fortune could not have been more at their backs...and especially at Mel's.  If things were true to Sebastian's words, then Rynkura was the one to push the dragon's teetering life back onto its balance, though she too looked somewhat annoyed when Ketefe interrupted.  Priorities...as she would say right now.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Having Mel healed had been an expected thing. That the dragon's brow and pained look smoothed out and that her face paled back to its normal complexion was expected. What Stygian certainly had not expected was the sudden rush of magic, and the surroundings suddenly starting to change, part slowly and inchingly and part flickeringly and fast, into some sort of arctic landscape. As Rynkura continued her work, it actually started feeling cold around them, snow falling on his head and powdering his hair like dusting on a cake. Confusedly, Stygian looked around, and then down at the dragoness. It was one way of dealing with the problem, he thought. But still...
   "If this place turns into a snowglobe, I'm not going to take responsibility for clearing the stairs. Or for making sure we are not made a tourist attraction," he said lamely, not knowing what else to do in the situation. He could have untangled the magic immediately around them, but what would have been the point? Not to mention, if it was of any help to Mel, it was best to let it be.
   Again, his gaze went to Rynkura. She seemed to be doing her work very fast, though without stress or effort. A damn good healer, thus. Though he should have expected as much, with that aura of hers. She had turned out well, fortunately. Not as he had feared. Still, he would certainly not make an effort to give her hints to remember. He wanted to keep out of that old business, like he had told the wolf. Even if some of it was not so old at all...
   Suddenly, a thought hit him, and almost made him lose control of his face again. He stood, frozen with his eyes on Mel's face for a bit, before turning to the tigress. And he made sure to avoid looking at Aisha as he did.
   "So... I suppose that we owe you our gratitude then, miss Rynkura. Me, in particular," he said, as smoothly and levelly as he could. "As I said, I will have to inquire as to your business. But now that we seem to have things under control, there is no reason to be informal." He did have a pretty good idea as to her business anyhow. "Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Sebastian Caerule."
   He made a properly low bow, closing his eyes in a gesture of humility. As long as he didn't give her any names or hints, with fortune it would all pass by. Or she would come to realization slowly and comfortably, which was preferrable to the other alternative.

Gareeku

Watching Rynkura walk over Mel and begin the healing process, Gareeku feel a sense of relief wash over him as he saw the wounds healing up. However, the wolf was surprised to find snowflakes beginning to fall from above, sprinkling onto his fur and easily visible as they landed on his black nose. He could feel the air getting colder rapidly as the surrounding quickly began the process of becoming a winter wonderland.
"That's...interesting..." the wolf muttered to himself. Luckily for him his lupine fur would seem him through most of any coldness that would make itself present during this time, but the sudden change in temperature was still a great surprise regardless.

Turning back to watch Rynkura heal Mel, Gareeku was surprised at how quick the healing process was taking. If the speed of the healing was anything to go by, then what Aisha had told him of the mistress was indeed true. She seemed a most interesting woman, and the wolf was curious about the tigress and her magical talents.

Angel

Ketefe felt something wet and cold land on her nose. Confused, she looked down and found her nose gathering snowflakes.

Waitaminute. Snowflakes? We are still indoors, right?

She dusted a little snow off her shoulders, then glanced at Mel. She did a double take at Mel's rapidly closing wounds, then looked in shocked admiration at the tigress healer. She had helped Mel's wounds, and had... made her cold? Understandable, if she was feverish, because it was hard to imagine how hot an ice dragon needs to be in order to have a fever. But how could that affect everything? This was impressive magic indeed. Maybe Ketefe should ask Dyixaz about learning magic when she got back.

"How long does it take to become that powerful, if you don't mind my asking, ma'am?" Ketefe asked, walking a few steps into the room and staring at the healing Mel in awe.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Aisha deCabre

Rynkura hadn't heard the commentary as the healing progressed, or felt as the room's temperature plummeted and snowflakes fell upon the furniture and the people within, making a soft and white powdery film over everything.  She hadn't noticed any of that until finally the internal wounds were finally closed and the blood no longer flowed needlessly.  She opened her eyes as they returned to their normal shade of green, and then curiously glanced upward as snowflakes were lost on the white parts of her fur.

"The dragon is doing this herself," she informed with a soft chuckle as she started to close the gash on the outside.  "She is trying to compensate for her temperature rise.  But with the spell it should start plummeting.  Right about now."  At that point the surface of Mel's body started to feel cold again, cold enough to have probably numbed one's fingers...which hopefully would be the perfect comfort level for the ice dragon to calm.

Aisha, who was standing off to the side and yet close enough to watch her mentor work, shivered a little bit as soon as the snow started falling.  At one point she walked around to grab her blood-drenched cape where it had been put aside, and grabbed Ketefe's mask while she was at it, tossing it back to the previous newcomer.  As the panther pulled the cape around herself, and smelled the blood encompassing it, she had to smile slightly, for her pride was easily felt for helping to keep the dragon alive long enough for Rynkura to appear.  And yet...

I guess I'm not needed in here anymore... she thought to herself with a slight dip of her head and walked silently towards the door without a word said, not intending to be a part of the crowd that had formed around Rynkura to watch the healing.  She crossed out of the doorway and leaned back on the wall next to it, an ear craned to the door so that she could still hear everything.  Her eyes were kept ahead however, an idle and neutral gaze watching the snowy landscape made out of the castle's interior.

Back inside, the soothing glow around Rynkura's hand trailed over the gash straight across Mel's body and closed it.  Soon even the scar that it left behind had started to vanish completely into more or less pristine dragon skin, and scales which would grow back in time.   With a deep breath, she let the light magic spell linger over her and then dissipate completely.

She grabbed her staff from the foot of the bed and, as a second thought, snapped the healing light bracer from around the dragon's wrist and stood up, nodding in satisfaction.  "Depending on how good she is at recovering she will most likely be resting for a while yet."  The tigress turned to the bat with a light smile, her gaze passing around the others to address them as well while speaking.  "But rest assured she will survive."

Rynkura's eyes then curiously fell back upon their host, who had started speaking, and stood straight to listen.  Caerule... her eyebrows raised slightly as he finally spoke his name.  So he was indeed a part of the castle, which meant that her investigation was either made easier or harder...but nonetheless she agreed that thinking about it too much could wait.  She smiled and made a bow back to him.  "A pleasure, Sebastian.  I am Rynkura Msh'taan...and you are most welcome for my help, for I was glad that I could give it."  She stood up again, briefly holding the bracer in her right hand.  "Of course, everyone who had put in effort to keep her alive may also deserve some thanks," she added, only just noticing Aisha's absence from the room.  A light smile crossed the tiger's features...she was always nearby still, if she knew the girl.

Before anything more could be said, she quirked an ear at Ketefe's inquiry and laughed quietly, glancing at her.  "An affinity for magic depends on the individual, child.  I have known a few Beings who were better with it than some Creatures.  It is not a skill easily practiced or gained.  As for how long it takes..." she hummed, "It may also depend on your dedication.  I have spent a lifetime in practice.  Something habitual if you are a type such as I," she grinned, before turning back.

"Speaking of magic.  Would it be much trouble to inquire from someone as to just what kind of Mythos was responsible for this?"  She quirked an eyebrow, curious.  There were many strange things about the castle that she probably needed to be caught up on...this, the healer figured, was a good spot to start.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gareeku

Watching the healing process come to an end, Gareeku listened as the others conversed, choosing rather to listen than to speak. Heh. Thought as much... the wolf thought to himself with a slight smirk as it was revealed that it had been Mel who had changed the environment to a more wintery one.
"Thank you for your help, Ms. Msh'taan. It is very much appreciated." Gareeku said after she had introduced herself, bowing slightly in a polite manner.

It was then, however, that the wolf noticed that Aisha had left the room. With a mix of curiosity and concern filling his mind, Gareeku turned and began to leave the room as the others continued to converse. Arriving outside of the room, the wolf found Aisha to be standing to the side of the entrance. Noticing the somewhat distant look on her face, Gareeku stepped forward.
"Is everything ok...?" the wolf asked as he gently put his hand on her shoulder, the concern he felt evident on his face as he spoke.

Aisha deCabre

As she continued to hear the conversation going on in the other room, the temperature out in the hall still stood stable and cold for the time being...yet she barely minded it, only keeping her gaze forward into the ice-ridden surroundings.  Whether it was an illusion or not, it certainly felt and looked real enough.

Aisha was even distracted enough to not even look up when she heard someone approach.  But upon hearing Gareeku's voice and feeling his hand on her shoulder, she glanced back up at his concerned face.  The panthress gave him a soft smile in return and laid a hand on his arm.  "I'm fine, amigo...I just didn't feel like being in the way.  Now that Mistress Rynkura finished the healing, I would have only been as much use as taking up space," she said with a bit of harshness evident in her voice.

She chuckled softly however, having just heard Rynkura mention subtly from the room that even her student deserved thanks for the help.  "I must sound like such a child.  But if your mentor and guardian is a powerful healer, and you yourself are bent on killing and destruction, and vengeance...in their presence and after a tense situation such as that, you tend to feel intimidated in the eyes of others.  Just a danger and a bother.  It has always been that way."

This would have been a side to Aisha that only few would have seen...remorse for her chosen path, despite how fervent and dedicated she was to it.  She shook her head, dismissing the thought.  "Don't get me wrong.  I am very happy, and especially relieved, to see Rynkura again after quite a long time away from the monastery...and also too relieved for Mel's life," she smiled, evident of a sincere and serious tone.  "But I prefer for now, if perhaps it is preferred, to keep out of her way.  Whatever she is here for."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gareeku

Listening to Aisha explain the relationship between her and Rynkura, Gareeku frowned. Judging from the blood stains on Aisha's cloak, it seemed that the pantheress had done a lot to help.
"Well judging from the blood stains on your cloak, I'd have to disagree. If it hadn't been for you then I think that Mel would not have been so lucky." the wolf replied, his tone of voice a reassuring one.

Listening to Aisha explain how she felt that it would be best to keep out of Rynkura's way, the frown of concern reappeared on Gareeku's face.
"Then I'll keep you company." the wolf replied firmly, a reassuring smile on his face as he leant against the wall next to her.

Stygian

Stygian wanted to sit down, but unfortunately that was not a question in the situation. Now, while the spell might make it a bit less comfortable to go chasing around the castle, there was still the question of fixing the situation.
   "Some sort of mind-invading mythos. A many-limbed thing the likes of which I've never seen for one. Not really that interesting either. Just disturbing," he said to Rynkura, looking down at Mel for a bit. It was how he felt too; that sort of thing should be hunted down and made extinct, according to his sentiments. "It doesn't really change anything. However, while we're on the topic of parasites, I think that we had better resolve a previous situation. If you will excuse me... Keaton, will you come? I think you might be of help."
   Swiftly, he stepped away and slid out of the room in his usual manner, silent even as he passed Gareeku and Aisha. He had paid some attention to their conversation, but felt that it would be better to leave them to it until he could catch the panthress on her own. That is to say, if he wanted to. For now, he made his way back toward the ballroom, so they could start their search from there.

Sunblink

The moment Keaton entered the room, she trudged her way to an unoccupied chair, deliberately avoiding the gazes of those around her. Of course, they were already paying attention to Mel, something she was ashamed she felt thankful for. No matter how much she tried to remain detached and distant from the current situation, the sight of Mel's body kept her firmly tethered to reality, a place she had no desire to be in. Not with the people she felt she had wronged. Why was it such a big concern to her? She had done worse. Aisha said it wasn't her fault. Yet she found herself plagued by wretched, terrible guilt.

When the area's temperature drastically decreased and ice started to materialize around the castle Keaton barely noticed, even as a few snowflakes drifted down into her already disheveled hair, caking it with a soft layer of fuzzy alabaster. Ears flicking upright, Keaton stared up at the ceiling, then the place around them. Misty illusions of wintery wonderlands were flickering into existence, from icy waterfalls spilling in cascading waves of frost, to serrated edges of ice manifesting around contours and outlines of furniture...

Must be Mel's work, Keaton thought, as she glanced to the dragon. Rubbing away the unpleasantly cold sensation creeping along her limbs, she continued to stare around as more and more of the apparitions appeared, radiating bright, hiemal waves. Despite any instincts, Keaton remained where she was, resigning herself to vaguely wishing that one of the icicles that had formed over her would fall and impale her through the head.

That was when another newcomer arrived, this one an elegant, willowy tiger wielding a staff. She emitted a calming, commanding energy about her, one which Keaton idly attributed to her own mother--that was, when she wasn't enraged or fighting. Blinking in surprise, Keaton was just about to open her mouth when Aisha exclaimed what she assumed was the tigeress's name.

So Aisha knew her? Surprises, surprises. And she seemed to be there to help, not exacerbate the situation. Without any invitation the tigeress marched to Mel's side and set about healing her. Keaton's head-wings twitched and her body stiffened as she observed Rynkura's work, at first reticent about allowing her near Mel--but then again, if this tigeress could heal, she was possibly the only person who could truly help her.

Stygian spoke. Keaton's ears pivoted in his direction.

"Me?" Keaton asked, shock evident in her face. "I... uh... sure," she climbed out of her seat and walked over to where Stygian had beckoned her, slightly suspicious, but nevertheless willing to undo the damage that she believed she had inflicted. "What is it you need me for?"

Stygian didn't answer immediately, however, instead exiting fluidly from the room. Ears tilting curiously, Keaton moved to follow.

Before she left, she craned her head over her shoulder, sadly sparing Mel one last glance.

Then she slipped through the door and gently closed it behind her with a resounding click.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Stygian

The bat looked straight forward as they traversed the frigid hallways, the only sound of his walk the occasional crackling of ice where he set his foot down and could not even his step. It might have been a comfort. Otherwise he moved so silently that one might have taken him for a ghost. He did answer Keaton when he thought they were out of clear hearing range for Aisha and Gareeku though.
   "I'm claircogniscant, not telepathic. That frog is uncalculable, and I don't know what he might do. And contrary to what I've gotten some to believe, I can't sense everything," he said dimly. He turned his face slightly toward keaton, granting her a slightly glowing look. "You however, should be able to hear him and his voices quite clearly." They turned around a corner. Up ahead were the doors to the ballroom, visible though they were covered in frost and almost hidden behind snowy drifts and a cover of glistening stalactites.
   "There is another thing as well. I can't hide well in this sort of landscape at all. Or move." That was easy to see. His all-black clothes stood out against the pearly white and pallid blue like an inkblot on a paper. And with light playing around in the snow there was little shadow for him to hide in, even though it had turned dark outside. Seeing the pallid fur that covered his shaped chest under that billowing shirt, he could probably have blended into the snow if he took off his clothes, however making that suggestion...
   "You remember how that cat in the mask looked?" he said, still looking at Keaton. "I want you to look like that. We're going to lure him out."

Sunblink

Keaton followed Stygian, identically matching her pace with the taller bat's despite the difference in the lengths of their legs. In their wake and before them, furniture became encrusted with shimmering layers of ice, snow and chunks of hail showered from the ceiling, and ever more wintery, diaphanous afterimages manifested. Whereas Stygian's footsteps were silent, nothing more than whispers perfectly blended in with the whistling of the arctic winds; Keaton heard snow and ice crunch beneath her feet. Halfway through her trek she had to shapeshift herself into a pair of boots to protect the soles of her feet. She didn't want to end up scratching herself.

Stygian finally spoke when they were a good distance away from where the others were. Keaton's ears swiveled upright, tilting attentively. What he had to say was rather startling, to say the least. He needed her help? That was stunning, especially since, in her downtrodden and crestfallen state, all Keaton could remember was being a detriment to the group in one way or another. First there was being perfectly unarmed against the archangel, then there was being possessed by the spider, and now there was this.

"I remember what she looks like," Keaton said, dusting off her hands and brushing her hair free of flakey powder. "So I get to play Princess Peach? Sounds fun..." Nodding her head, she took a step back, stretching her wings to their fullest. Fully envisioning the masked feline's visage in her mind, Keaton prepared to transmogrify her body into the perfect likeness of their bait.

She started to concentrate, allowing every facet of her body to warp and modify. Black, curling markings straightened and retracted into crisscrossing orchid stripes, rearranging until they had formed a nearly monotonous, yet sharp pattern. Yellow fur started to ooze over with azure, and every strand of her hair was dyed a cobalt blue. Ears became shorter and more felid, tail slimmed, membranous wings shrunk into her shoulder-blades along with her head-wings, scarred tissue formed over her face, and her clothing started to change into an exact replica of Ketefe's, sans the mask, which had been used to bind Mel's injuries from before.

Within seconds, Keaton had become a perfect doppelganger of Ketefe. That was, save for the white Jyraneth Clan marking barely visible on her hip. She just needed something to cover that. Craning her body around, Keaton examined every corner of her body. "Ah, there we go... I think that works," she said. Even her voice was twisted to mirror Ketefe's. Voice imitation was a skill she had perfected hundreds of years ago. Finally her saffron eyes landed on the Jyraneth Clan marking.

"Except for that pesky clan marking. Do you have something to cover it?"

~Keaton the Black Jackal