The Castle [02] (Remba, but don't let it stop you)

Started by Gareeku, March 17, 2007, 04:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Time passed, enough for the adventurers to mull or moan a great deal about their state and being, and the things that had happened. The rainstorm outside continued for quite some time, thunder echoing in the distance, though far from as intensely as it had before. After a while, even that one began abating, the skies clearing around a high and impressive moonrise. From the few grand clocks around, such as the one standing against the wall of the dining area, one could tell it was getting closer and closer to midnight.
   Then, just before midnight struck, the shape of the bat came wandering up the long road to the castle in the moonlight, holding several large bags. She entered it, seeking out the others...

Rloa

Kerag just takes the advice and try to find his way to what ever the girl said he end up in a kitchen Kerag suddenly feels a little awkward

Boog

Jeremiah had eventually followed Gareeku to the kitchens, and had been right about there being little that had been preserved with the amount of time involved here in mind. So there he was, poking around and wondering if there were pickles or olives or SOMETHING that had lasted the years. He didn't want much, and thus took it as a personal affront that it wasn't there.
"You guys find anything?" he looked up from a cupboard as Kerag wandered in, "Yo guys, we got another one! Hey," the frog smiled at the newcomer politely as he abandoned his search for a few minutes, "Name's Jeremiah, welcome to the least pleasant place on the face of the earth. If you have any appointments elsewhere, such as perhaps one with your amatuer dentist who can't afford anesthetics, I advise you take care of that first. Not only does this place just suck up your free time, but it'll seem less god awful by comparison."

Mel Dragonkitty

Despite Gareeku's protests as soon as he sat Mel started the work of healing him. It took a while, he was quite a bit worse off than he would admit to. But long before the bat reappeared with the food she had finished his repairs and had gone around the group, tending all the wounds, big or small.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha went without protest during the few hours that the adventurers waited in the castle's kitchen, darkening with the passing night until it was suspected that they were passing the middle of it with time.  The panthress didn't feel sleepy yet, after having thought about it while walking to the kitchen with the others and looking around before.

Even with the castle's demeanor calm, the memories of what they had gone through were a more than a little haunting.  She much suspected it of the others too; more hungry than anything were some, but still very much wide awake.

She watched as the others were healed of their various injuries, and allowed Mel to fix up her sprained ankle.  The soreness lingered and then vanished with time, leaving only one discomfort: the fact that her dark navy clothes were darkened further by so many blood stains.  As soon as she could, Aisha had started walking around the kitchen, sating her curiosity by poking around in various cupboards and grimacing at whatever she found.  Better than sitting still.

Then at one point, she had noticed a stranger walking in the room...another adventurer no doubt, but only spared a nod to him before continuing to walk.  Then she leapt on top of a counter and just sat on it, darting her eyes around at the others, and then finally posed a question towards the frog.  "Jeremiah?  You think you're gonna need that bracer for much longer, amigo?  It might be useful if it were available for healing again."  Her look wasn't one of impatience, just moreover a slight concern.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Without so much as a word, Stygian reappeared in the kitchen through one of the doors silently, went in while still not making so much as a sound, and dropped some bags on the floor right next to Aisha. While out, she had gone from a state of relief and gladness, to wonder, and now to mellow sadness as a few realizations settled in.
   "Things have changed," was all she said about her venture outside, unpacking a few things and leaving others in the bags. "There's something called wok in one of the bags. I got us some other things too, and stuff so we have things to eat for a couple of days after," she continued, pulling out a plastic bag with some red fluid in it and a glass.
   The bat didn't mean to stay, clearly. She looked them all over with cold eyes and stayed silent for a few moments. Then, she took the bag, the glass, some candles and a pen she had bought, and began walking out.
   "If you need me, I'll be in the library. I expect to see you there later, both Keaton and Mel." She strode out, and looked at Cogidubnus, still with that critical look. "You as well, wolf," she said, and then quietly made her way down the corridors.

Boog

Aisha's request had been unanticipated, but not at all unreasonable. Still, Jeremiah had no clue whether or not this new persona had learned the rules. Finally, after a couple seconds of worrying, he reached a decision.
"I have no clue, but we have to find out sometime," He held out his arm and waited for Aisha to remove it, "Let me know if I go crazy again. I'm assuming I wont notice until after the fact."

Aisha deCabre

While listening for Jeremiah's response, Aisha turned her head up to glance at the entryway where their host had returned, and tilted her head at the way she looked upon doing so.  It certainly wasn't too unexpected, considering the amount of time the bat had spent in isolation; things would have surely changed indeed.

Before she could say anything however, she had left the bags on the floor and left, calling back a few of the others.  Shrugging, at least the panther agreed with having the mood lifted, by having the various curses lifted as such.

Turning back to the frog, Aisha leapt from the counter and paced over, hesitating a moment.  "No problem, if you don't notice I think we will," she laughed before placing a hand on the still-glowing surface and uttering the spell for unlocking it.  With a click, the glow flickered, and the panthress took it away from his wrist.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Cogidubnus

Cog lurched up from where he sat and made his way to the kitchen, not really hungry, but simply needing to get his mind off this turn of events. He clamped his jaws together to keep from giggling the whole way down, and kept his hands evenly at his sides.
He leaned on a counter as he entered and his face brightened considerably at the mention of the cuisine that Sebastian had gotten. Wok wasn't a half bad choice. He did hope someone could cook, though. He thought back to the last time he had tried to cook and grinned in true mirth. They had said it was impossible to melt macaroni, but he'd showed them...
At Sebastian's final words thought, the grin flew off his face and he scowed deeply. He busied himself looking in the sacks, wondering if she'd brought anything that had more bite than water.

Rloa

Kerag see that he is ignored he moves out of the kitchen following the bat girl to the library intend to find out what the hell is happening here.

Sunblink

It really shouldn't have surprising that Cogidubnus would've reacted bitterly in response to Keaton's question--after all, she probably would've done the same. But nevertheless, the jackal recoiled after the wolf snapped, an almost bestial look overcoming his eyes from behind his shades. Lifting her hands defensively, Keaton raised an eyebrow behind the frames of her glasses, regarding his outburst with a casual, yet slightly unnerved exterior.

"Well excuse me for giving a fuck," she said coldly, turning away and walking over to a suddenly very interesting section of the room.

Ears lowered flat against her skull, she folded her arms, sulking irritably. Well, that went as smoothly as she thought it would. Nice to have your sentiments regurgitated into your face... but some insensitive, curious part of her demanded to know why Cogidubnus resented mages so much. Keaton shrugged her shoulders in response; it wasn't any of her business, and besides, it couldn't be much different from her eternal loathing towards Angels.

Keaton spent the next moments pertinaciously pouting and sulking about her failed consolation attempt, as weak and easily rebuffed as that aforementioned attempt was. It wasn't as though she was a veteran to the entire "care about someone other than yourself" tirade. Soon enough, Stygian reappeared, a bag containing what would be their next meal in tow. Keaton wasn't as enthusiastic as the rest of the group; after all, she was a Cubi. She didn't need to eat, and the remnants of suffering still radiating off of the unconscious ferret's body nearby did very nicely to sustain her, as well as the hodgepodge of emotions she filtered from Cogidubnus (this was partially layered away from her mental barrier, however, as Keaton felt slightly guilty for leeching off of the wolf's fouler emotions).

Stygian told her to meet him in the library, so she decided to do so. Burying her free hand in its corresponding pocket, while the other gripped her mace by its elaborate handle, she followed the others who started to wander towards the library, apparently including another unfortunate newcomer...

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Stygian

To the momentary relief of the wolf, upon inspection two of the bags revealed themselves to hold nothing but quite a few bottles of alcoholic beverages, including wiskey, cognac, bourbon, vodka, wine and some packages of cigars and cigarettes as well. The others mostly held beef, rice, vegetables and fruit, and oil and other foodstuffs. But there were quite a few of them that held papers, notebooks, candles, pens and books on a number of topics too. It seemed that the bat was intending on doing a lot of business there.

The bat paced silently and smoothly as ever down the hallways, not paying heed to the feline following her. She held a notebook and some loose papers in her hand, and a pen, the glass and plastic bag in her other.
  When she reached the library, she set the things down and pulled up a chair to a table with a black tentacle along the floor, then sat down with a sigh and grabbed a book from the table, skimming a page before looking back up at the feline and straightening her glasses.
  "Unless you have some serious arcane or occult knowledge on advanced transmutation, or you are here to assist me by cleaning up the place, I seriously doubt I can help you," she said, and went back to reading, opening the bag and pouring out the red liquid in it, obviously blood, into the glass. Then, she noticed Keaton coming in, and looked up again, this time with a more level expression.
   "Ah. There you are." She studied her shortly, looking her straight in the eyes. "You are experienced in the dark arts, are you not?" she asked, her gaze chilly. Just as before, Keaton could barely feel any emotion coming off the bat at all.

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel decided she would give Sebastian a while to settle in before heeding his summons. Food then curse research. "My cooking tends to be uninspired at it's best. Why don't I peel and chop and let someone else more creative do the artistic part."

The ancient kitchen had one advantage over a modern one. The old fashioned ice box was still useable after all these years. Opening the upper hatch Mel filled it with ice with a simple spell. Soon it would be cool enough to keep whatever they didn't use at this meal from spoiling. Then she grabbed a knife and began chopping vegetables. "Anyone see any wood or coal to get a fire going?" she asked over her shoulder.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Prof B Hunnydew

PBH wakes after a few hours from the cold hard floor under the old painting.  Wandering around a bit, she finds that most everyone have move to the kitchen.  Upon hearing Mel request of wood or coal for a fire, She cautiously opens the trap door in the floor, hoping that no more bats are still trapped down there.  She goes down, finds, and brings up some broken and dry-rotten wooden crates and old barrels.  She setup the wood in the fireplace and lites them with a fire spell.  She slowly warms herself and builds on it for cooking,   

"Does anyone know or can get some water for the pot?" asked PBH in a croaky voice..

Mel Dragonkitty

Suddenly Mel felt a stab of hunger that had nothing to do with the food in front of her. She had been using magic at a great rate and needed minerals. Unfortunately she was disguised as a feline at the moment and chewing up rocks would look decidedly odd. She needed to get away from the crowd for a few minutes.

Mel set down the knife. "There, plenty of veggies. I need to go see what Sebastian needs in the library. But I'll be back so save me something."

She made the walk to the library a slow one, crunching bits of quartz and topaz as she went.

Sunblink

It didn't take long for Keaton to catch up with the congregation of adventurers and enter the library, surveying the ancient sanctum with a gliding sweep of her baby blue eyes. Once she had arrived, Stygian called her over to where he had taken his seat, pouring himself a glass of crimson fluid (!). Quirking her eyebrow, Keaton approached, considerably startled by the lack of emotions that writhed around him.

Normally, being harmonized to detecting the slightest changes of emotion in a person, it was child's play to monitor a person's innermost thoughts even without having to directly invade their minds, but with this man...

Something was dreadfully wrong.

"'Dark arts'?" Keaton repeated, managing to hide her shock effectively enough. Folding her wings, she sat down in a rather vermicated, moldy armchair (she pinched her nose shut between her index finger and thumb as she dusted it relatively free of dust and decay).

After situating herself comfortably enough, she inclined her head inquisitively in Stygian's direction. "Yeah, I know about it. Why do you ask?"

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Stygian

The bat sneered at Keaton's attempts at secrecy. He had seen quite a few things in his life, and what the jackal had done, and the magic and sensation she had oozed of before. Was she expecting that he would not recognize a dark magic user when he saw one?
   "I care not whether you can perform dark magic properly like that or not. Your halo's askew by the way..." she began. "I think I could need someone else with magical expertise to break these effects lain upon us. I will have to go question her who is the source of this problem as well, why I would like someone who knows what they're doing to go through possible solutions to this. I've never tried breaking the effects of Arachspearian poison before, and this doesn't seem normal even to that sort..."
   The bat took her glass, and drank quite deeply, murring for a moment as she took it from her lips and licked them. As she did, a book, held by a clawlike, three-fingered hand that originated from a black tentacle, which in turn originated from under the bat's coat, snuck up next to her from beside the chair.
   "Greene's Thesis on Curses and Hatefully Bonded Magic. I think it would be a good start," Stygian said, and smirked at the jackal. That was when she heard steps coming from the corridor, and watched Mel walking in, brushing off her hands of something. "Ah, and here comes even more help."
   The bat rose from her seat, putting the book down and taking her glass with her. She strode up next to Mel, looking at her with a musing, if not humorous gaze.
   "As I was saying, I would very much appreciate if you could sit down and do some research on what's happened to us. These are no normal curses, and I think we need to take a very specific approach to them." She passed the dragon in disguise, and sipped her drink a bit, then looked back at them with gleaming eyes from the doorway. "I'm going to get us some more materiel. I'll be back soon though," she said, and walked out, heading for the chapel.

Gareeku

Having decided not to protest any longer as Mel healed him, Gareeku gave his thanks to her, before seeing that the bat had returned with food. Watching the others light the fir and chop the vegetables, the wolf got up to help, when Mel went off somewhere, Gareeku presuming the library.

Putting the chopped vegetables in the wok, the wolf then put the pan over the fire, gently stirring the vegetables with a spoon (a clean one, luckily) he had found in one of the kitchen drawers.

Sunblink

It wasn't so much of that she didn't think that he wouldn't identify one who relied on dark magic, but that she was a bit surprised that he found it was of any significance, especially when it seemed she wasn't the only one who was a wielder of darkness. Leaning her mace against the arm of the antediluvian chair, she leaned back as comfortably as possible without her wings becoming an convenience--it was times like that she wished she could still shapeshift. Maybe she had taken such inherent abilities for granted.

At the mention of her halo, Keaton scowled, her pallid lower lip clamped between enamel knives. How nice it was to be reminded of being turned into something she despised the most. Oh cruel irony, how she loathed it. Five hundred years of her life and she still hadn't developed some form of tolerance or amusement for it.

Helping to break the curse, nevertheless, intrigued Keaton. She hadn't expected to be called upon to help at any time during this misadventure, especially since her magic and transformation skills had been reduced to nothing in this enchanted form. The sooner they could remove the curses injected into them, the better.

"Alright," Keaton stated, watching as one of Stygian's shadowy tentacles drew itself out from the ground and retrieved a book. "I'll give it a try. I'll start looking for any information A-S-A-P."

Checking to make sure her mace was safely in place, she ambled over to the nearest bookcase, scanning over the selection of hardcovers. Azure eyes shifted to the side, skimming over the grand bookcases etched into the walls, containing thousands upon thousands of novels within their chambers.

It was debatable, but it could've been possible that this library held more books than she had ever read in her life.

This would take a while.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel sighed a bit, thinking of the dinner she was missing. Good thing the minerals would sustain her for a good long time. She turned to the small catalog by the door, searching out common texts on curses until she could see how they had arranged the room. She quickly came to the conclusion that the owners must have been a fun bunch as they had every book on curses she had ever heard of and more besides. A few minutes and she thought she had the lay of the place enough to go get her first pile of references.

Prof B Hunnydew

PBH helps Gareeku with wok and the food.   After awhile, PBH says "ah Hi, I'm Bambi Hunnydew... I didn't caught your name, but Can I have some food for Mel?.. She seem to have sidetrack into something else but I am sure she is hungry."   PBH stands ready with a plate for some the cooked meat and veggies to go to Mel, as she waits for Gareeku to answer her.

PBH

Gareeku

Putting the meet to cook in a separate smaller pan he had found in the drawers, Gareeku heard Bambi speak and smiled.
"My name is Gareeku. Gareeku Manoko. It's a pleasure to meet you, Bambi." he replied, the smile still on his face as he spoke.

A short while later, the food had finished cooking. Hearing Bambi's question, the wolf nodded.
"Sure thing, though I'm not entirely sure where she's gone to." he replied, putting some of the vegetables and meat on the plate that Bambi was holding, before sharing out the rest of the food equally on to the other plates for people.

Stygian

Stygian came back from the chapel after about an hour and a half, carrying with her what appeared to be the spider-woman from before. Except she looked different now. No longer was she a monstrous mix between arachnid and humanoid, but now looked rather well. Her skin was thesame black as before, but smooth and flexible and much less chitinous than it had been. Her face looked less cruel and distorted, though it still held a firmly arachnoid resemblance as she still had fangs and eight eyes, with three small pairs situated around her two main ones. She had an abdomen that hung just below her rump, two legs and six arms, and clean and long red hair that flowed in wavy, clear trails from her scalp. She was also gagged and chained up, and shaking, making little cries of anger.
   "I'll be with you in a heartbeat," Stygian said and set her down on a sofa, smiling a bit at the woman's attempts to resist. The bat didn't pay her much more attention, just looked at Keaton and Mel to see if they had made any progress, and to see if Cog had joined them yet. Asserting that the answer to both questions was a no, she sighed and sat down again, beginning to work.
   Progress was slow. After several attempts with conventional spells, a great deal of reading, some tissue samples and a bit of debate, they had concluded that the effects of their curses was not persisting due to any active magic or poisoning. Rather, they had just settled into them in some odd way which Stygian found disturbing, albeit quite useful if one could replicate the effects. Mel had found out that not only several angels, but also a rather powerful dragon from the clan Stormclaw, one Azhi, had been involved in many of the Caerule family affairs and also helped in placing the curse on the castle, and that Stygian bore a deep grudge against him and his clan for that. Keaton had learned from watching Stygian's working that the bat had to be an incredibly skilled and cunning dark mage, possibly classically schooled and even having authored works and created spells, or as he called them; hexes, by himself. Both had learned that the Caerules, against their reclusiveness, had been at the heart of many great plots and magical conspiracies, mostly in conflict with the Don'Chel family, which had revealed itself to be a family of demon-blooded dark mages. Apart from magical knowledge, the library was full of historical accounts and documents, many of which Mel would have wanted to have lain hands upon years ago, a few some of which even proved things in the Icewing collection inaccurate or completely wrong.
   After quite some time, the bat slapped a book together, rubbed her temple, and finished her bag of blood.
   "Allright," she said, sighing. "We've seen that there is no active hold effect, or any traces to trail and use to find unraveling points. If that was the case, then we could try a conventional approach. But there is no information or symbolic meaning, other than that we all seem to have been turned into something we find most unpleasant. That probably means we can't go about trying to dispel the curses by fulfilling some procedure, and thereby lifting them. So it's not technically not curses at all. It's just... poisoning." She shook her head, and laughed. "Yet, still the effects are holding against transmutation reversal, so that implies that it's forcing us to stay this way... It really makes no sense. Could we make a potion? Or a ritual, perhaps? Something with strong enough symbolic value. Or should we try an ego assertion effect? Those work against illusions, at least..."

Aisha deCabre

After Aisha had removed the bracer from Jeremiah, she took a few steps back with a little caution, before nodding with a little relief.  "Seems you're okay for now."  Gods, don't let that statement be a jinx or something.  I've had enough of wraiths.  She nodded her thanks for its return and replaced the light artifact on her belt, before stepping back across to lean on the counter.

She watched as a couple of the others started chopping the vegetables and meat, and starting the fire, off a little to the side so that at least she wouldn't be in the way.  Aisha had minimal skills with cooking, enough for her to survive well enough, but after all that had happened everyone deserved a decent meal more worthy of one made by the artisans of the group.  Perhaps later I'll see what I can do with the rice and fruit, she grinned after taking a minute to look at the bags.  At least frying a little bit of it would make a dessert of sorts...

When she noticed the food was finished, Aisha craned her nose to the air.  "Gods, that smells good," she commented and started over toward a table, with a smile to Gareeku.  "You're a natural, muchacho."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Cogidubnus

Having no culinary ability to speak of, Cog didn't have much to do in the kitchen. He was delighted however to find Sebastian had brought a great deal of liquor with her from the town, and not knowing where the glasses were kept, simply made off with the bottle of whiskey. He walked down one of the hallways, not really knowing where he was going, nor caring.
He found an empty room and stopped there, sitting and unscrewing the cap to the booze. He took a long pull, and sighed as it went down. He stared around the rather dull room for a moment, and set the bottle on a table next to his chair. He leaned back and sat in the silence for a moment, thinking.
He sat  for a long while, occasionally pausing to sigh or sip more of the drink. He must have thought of something pleasant, or something comforting, for his face brightened somewhat after a while. He stood from the chair, and taking the bottle with him, he left the room and headed for the library where Sebastian was. The bat had wanted to see him, he was fairly certain.

Stygian

More work. More debate. More dispute. More failure. The three... well, four of them, Stygian, Mel and Keaton sat around and exchanged knowledge and theories, while the spider-girl lay in hopelessness on the couch. But they were not getting that much closer.
   Then, Cogidubnus stumbled into the library, and while he was not entirely off his feet he seemed more intoxicated than he was aware of. In his hand he was holding one of the bottles Stygian had brought, a good three quarts of it emptied. The bat thought three things; firstly that the wolf could obviously hold his drink, secondly that he was entitled to it if he was having such an awful experience, and thirdly that it could nonetheless be a problem. Unless they all got drunk together, which would be great stress relief. Only, Keats seemed too sour for drinks, and Mel too... posh.
   "Ah. He arrives. Tell me, wolf; do you think we should use Colem's Greater Conductor for the ritual we're planning next?" the bat asked, a smile on her face. It was more of an idea she had gotten.
   Of course, it would be stupid. And that was the point. Cogidubnus could see that, and that was what frightened him. The spell Stygian had suggested was general magic with a heavy lightning connotation. It used large amounts of electricity to 'supercharge' the magical effect and spread it out through anything that conducted electricity well enough. It was fool's talk, since there was no need for it and the storm outside had passed. But Cogidubnus knew the spell, the incantation circle to it and the method and procedure to use it. And if Stygian had hit the spot, he would break down over it.

Prof B Hunnydew

PBH follow Cog as he made his way to the library, she paws were too full of a tray with food and china to be much help to the drunken wolf.   She also had little pity for him, since she, herself had been in similiar condition before and pity never got her out of the wine barrel.  The wolf weaved left and right down the hallway until he got to the library, PBH silently move around him into the library and handed out food and drink to everyone who wanted some.  Seeing the spiderlady, PBH stopped by her, and wondering she could risk giving the spider at least some water... But goes on to finally brings Mel her plate, PBH sits down nearby to MEL and listens in finding out, where they are in their research..... Her eye going wide at the large Dymo-electrical device in the middle of the room.

PBH

Sunblink

For the umpteenth time, Keaton browsed over the yellowed pages of the book in her hands.

For the umpteenth time, Keaton found absolutely nothing.

Growling and shoving the senescent novel she was gripping back between Ancient Occult Rituals and The Other Side of the Mirror - A Study of Dark Magic, Keaton leaned back and folded her arms before her bosom, sulking deeply. For Christ's sake. Of all the bullshit that she had to endure throughout this sordid experience, this was perhaps one of the most frustrating. Compared to being transformed into anything remotely heavenly and their encounter with the mutated arachnids and the archangel, however, Keaton would prefer this any day.

The only problem was that during the past few hours or so (Keaton had no idea how much time had passed), Keaton had accumulated so much useless knowledge of dark magic and how dangerous and oh-so evil it was that it was enough to make her want to burn the entire library down. What she would've given for a few hundred gallons of gasoline and a flamethrower...

Stygian had returned a moment before, bringing the miniaturized spider woman--although she now lacked any arachnid characteristics--in tow. The poor creature had been bound in shackles and gagged, rendering her struggles useless, so there wasn't much she could do to resist as she was dumped brusquely on the nearest sofa. Keaton didn't feel so much as a spark of pity for the creature--she had caused them so much bull (and by 'them', she meant mostly 'her') with her little followers and their mutating toxin.

From watching Stygian out of the corners of her eyes, Keaton easily watched the extent of his prowess in dark magic, enough to spawn, for the first time since she left SAIA, a strained form of admiration. Not to mention his shrewd, calculating mind, which he demonstrated through the creation of his personal spells--hexes--and how he chronicled them. Over time, Keaton studied even more about this mysterious character and the cursed castle he had been condemned to in some of the books and observations she unearthed.

Maybe there was more to this place than she realized.

Snatching several books off of the shelves and stacking them up in her arms, Keaton trudged over to the nearest table, setting the impressive tower of hardcovers down on the surface of the table with a collective thud. As much as her brain ached from all of the information crammed into it, and as reticent as she was, Keaton still had a lot of work to do. Cogidubnus finally entered the room, alcohol in tow. It was tempting to ask for some, or at least where to find some so she could fetch her own, but Keaton needed her mind as focused as possible. Inebriation wouldn't augment that.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Rloa

After the bat girl's suddenness Kerag was just left and roam around the castle due to the fact that he had no idea were his so called friend party is he guess he will stay here and see if he can be of any use cause he really didn't really want to go back and see his sister for this month. The he though what happens now?

Cogidubnus

Cogidubnus managed to make his way back through the halls, although it was much more difficult than he remembered. It seemed like it was darker, and the hall had narrowed somewhat, but he did make his way back without incident, finding the large wooden doors of the library without undue difficulty. Pawing open one of the latches, he walked into the library with what he felt was a great austerity.
He hadn't really expected much of a to-do about his arriving. He'd expected to find an old chair somewhere and sit, and perhaps drink, and he did remember that the complete collection of Beddoes was around here somewhere. Considering his mood, it seemed apt reading.
When Sebastian asked his question, however, Cog stopped. The bottle of whiskey fell out of his hand and shattered on the floor, soaking the carpet. The sound was strangely loud in the otherwise quiet library.
Cog not only knew what Sebastian was talking about, he knew everything there was to know about that particular spell. He'd never studied magic in his life, and excepting for a single ritual never performed it, but now...he knew what the spell did, what it could be used for, what reagents could increase the effects...everything. He could not only throw thunder about, but he could in truth cast a spell, with all the connotations implied. He had arcane knowledge, not just power. And, faced with this knowledge, Cog almost broke.
He clapped a hand over his mouth, muffling the laughter coming from it, and fell rather than sat into a handy chair. He rocked back and forth for quite a long time, stifling the laughter, and to his further chagrin sparks danced from hand to hand and all around his body. After some time, he finally seemed to quiet and still, no longer laughing madly.
He pulled one of his charms out from his jacket, the Broken Moon, and stared at it for a moment. He seemed to calm looking at it, and finally, nodded before wrapping it in his fist and placing it back in the jacket. He took a deep breath and stood.
It was not magic Cog hated. It was mages, and specifically them. Spells were not to be hated, rather, spells were tools. He hated those who seemed to always, always abuse that power. If anything, this whole house was a testament to the foolishness and sadism of wizards. Cog despised those who abused such power so, so much so that he shunned all magic altogether, preferring to think that anyone who used magic was either completely evil, or the rare exception.
But even if he could sling a spell, Cog was Cog. Detested and unwanted change is the arena of lychanthropes, and Cog had lived through quite a few detested changes. The body did not matter. If his body could now throw lightning as well as force, than so it could. The body did not make the person.
"No, I can't say I'd recommend it." Cog finally said, walking towards Sebastian. "Not in the least."