Look familiar?

Started by Raskahn, September 10, 2007, 06:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

QuoteLets not forget that if Lex showed up Aar-kitty would turn him into an angst cubi.
As I understand it (and I'm sure he'll stop me if I'm wrong) Turnsky has been considering adding DMFA-type 'Cubi as one of the races settled on Ariannia, but is a little reluctant to do so without some kind of blessing from Amber.

At the risk of stating the obvious, the clothing is, I think, just a joke rather than a serious suggestion that there are or might ever be DMFA-canon characters turning up in the strip  :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 14, 2007, 08:36:19 AM
QuoteLets not forget that if Lex showed up Aar-kitty would turn him into an angst cubi.
As I understand it (and I'm sure he'll stop me if I'm wrong) Turnsky has been considering adding DMFA-type 'Cubi as one of the races settled on Ariannia, but is a little reluctant to do so without some kind of blessing from Amber.

At the risk of stating the obvious, the clothing is, I think, just a joke rather than a serious suggestion that there are or might ever be DMFA-canon characters turning up in the strip  :P

pretty much, i figured a DMFA ref would at least garner a smile and/or a snicker from a few readers.

and you've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Netrogo on September 12, 2007, 12:37:18 PM
Quote from: Naldru on September 11, 2007, 08:38:53 PM
inconceivable -- According to the Apple Dictionary - not capable of being imagined or grasped mentally

That part of the definition technically makes the word an impossibility. Nothing is inconceivable because to be able to say it's inconceivable you have to first know of it. If I say a talking box is inconceivable I'm wrong, because I just thought of it myself in order to say it's not.
I always took it to mean he couldn't comprehend what was happening.  That and as Indigo said, I don't think he knew what the word meant.

And there was a mischievous kid that swapped the apparel, I just know it.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madd the Sane on September 16, 2007, 01:08:55 AM
I always took it to mean he couldn't comprehend what was happening.  That and as Indigo said, I don't think he knew what the word meant.

Inigo. Fezzik, Inigo, and Vizzini. And, of course, Wesley and Buttercup, and Prince Humperdinck, and Count Tyrone Rugen.

No, I'm not obsessed. Honest.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fuyudenki

what about Max and his wife?

AnizInDisguise

Enough of the princess bride discussion! Go somewhere else with it and get back to the topic at hand, please! You're making my brain hurt from the off-topicness!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Raist on September 16, 2007, 04:21:52 PM

Valerie? Yes, there are those two.

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on September 16, 2007, 04:34:23 PM
Enough of the princess bride discussion! Go somewhere else with it and get back to the topic at hand, please! You're making my brain hurt from the off-topicness!

There's a topic? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

DarkAudit

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 16, 2007, 05:39:10 PM
Quote from: Raist on September 16, 2007, 04:21:52 PM

Valerie? Yes, there are those two.

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on September 16, 2007, 04:34:23 PM

There's a topic? ;-]

There's a brain? ;-]
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....