09/10/07 [#817] Nasty weather

Started by AndersW, September 09, 2007, 10:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Pokemetroid

They seem like chibi versions of themselves in the two last panels.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Regal on September 10, 2007, 12:19:52 AM
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!

And Jy, the answer is yes.

Doesn't hurt to read the rest of the thread.  Or even specific posts.

Aleolus

I know how he feels.  When you're having a bad day, any waiting is too much!

LionHeart

Personally I would say the Fae realm is not so much insane as simply chaotic.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Fex

it seems that Jy's ears have been growing again

Zedd

Some would say thats beach weather...

Timothy

I'm totally lost as to what to make of todays "pretty chitty bang bang" title though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K3wQMWqZKI:erk
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Angel

Yes, Jyrras. Shouldn't he have learned this by now? I mean, he's known Mab for about as long as he's known Dan, right?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

rabid_fox

Minor drug offenders should be sent to the fae kingdom.

Oh dear.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: rabid_fox on September 10, 2007, 11:59:40 AM

Minor drug offenders should be sent to the fae kingdom.

Is that a punishment, or a reward!?

DarkAudit

The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

terrycloth

Quote from: Naldru on September 09, 2007, 11:58:14 PM
The only logical conclusion about the Fae realm is that nothing is logical.

It's a black-hole tube of transreality. Experiential parameters are observer-defined.

Fae do that to themselves *all the time* but in the fae realm even beings can.

( Also, Seattle: If you don't like the weather, MOVE. It's always like this.  :mowtongue )

( Cleveland was the same way. )

( Maybe it's just me  :mowdizzy)

Aridas

Why does everyone think lorenda said it just because the thing is almost pointing her way? Not only has lorenda not actually cared all that much about it, but the number of punctuation marks fit Jyrras, not Lorenda. Lorenda's mouth isn't even open.

Zedd

Quote from: Timothy on September 10, 2007, 08:18:51 AM
I'm totally lost as to what to make of todays "pretty chitty bang bang" title though.
NUUUUU!!!!

Naldru

Quote from: Zedd on September 10, 2007, 04:37:09 PM
Quote from: Timothy on September 10, 2007, 08:18:51 AM
NUUUUU!!!!

Well, there are a few things about Chitty Chitty Bang Band that might relate to DMFA.

Dick Van Dyke plays a character named Caractacus Potts ("crackpot", in case you don't get it), who is an inventor who builds all sorts of strange inventions.

In the course of the movie, they are carried off to a very bizarre land with very bizarre characters.  (Benny Hill plays a toymaker, who only makes toys for the Baron since the Baron has banished all children from his land.) Actually, I think the Baron's Duchy might be even stranger than the Fae kingdom.

They spend most of the film trying to get back to their home in England.

Caractacus is dating a girl whose father is extremely intimidating.  (Lorenda's mother is extremely intimidating.)

And finally, last but not least, who says it has to make sense.

By the way, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was written by Ian Fleming, and the movie rights were sold along with the rights to the James Bond books.  So you had Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, a children's film, from the same producers as the James Bond films.  (Of course, the title does contain "Bang Bang".)

Edit:  And the screenplay for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was written by the author of the book for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Description of file from IMDB
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Netrogo

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 10, 2007, 02:57:29 PM
Why does everyone think lorenda said it just because the thing is almost pointing her way? Not only has lorenda not actually cared all that much about it, but the number of punctuation marks fit Jyrras, not Lorenda. Lorenda's mouth isn't even open.

Almost? It's pointed directly at her. We can see quite clearly in the last panel before that one that Amber is spot on with her positioning of the little direction pointy thing of speech bubbles so the fact that that one is 'almost' completely pointing at Lorenda means it's her saying it.

Either that or you're out right saying that Amber fucked up.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Netrogo on September 10, 2007, 07:13:46 PM
Either that or you're out right saying that Amber fucked up.
It's happened before. ;)  Of course, I wouldn't calling fucking up; more like making a small error.

bill

No, and you are all banned for discussing this.

Psaakyrn

a) Frame 3 is a copy-paste and shopped version of frame 2 (insert comment about having seen a few shops in my time here)
b) Given that, Lorenda is distinctively frowning in frame 3 when compared to frame 2, as opposed to normal drawing non-exact traces.
c) It would seem odd for Lorenda to frown and yet not say/do anything else.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Naldru

My personal feeling:

The balloon tail points to Lorenda and Lorenda is talking.  Jyrras would not ask if everything about the Fae kingdom is insane.  He already knows it is.  He has been around Mab longer than Lorenda has.

I am also reminded of the famous words of Bill Nye (not the science guy but a contemporary of Samuel Clemens):

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.

I believe the consensus of many, including the moderators, is as follows:

Rule number one:  Amber is always right

Rule number two:  If it appears that Amber is wrong, rule number one takes effect
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Amber Williams

It is an error. I was tired at the time and when adding the lines, I overshot to the right.

Normally I'd fix it, but since it seems 80% of the conversation is talking about it and none of them were PM'd to ask, I might as well keep it that way since I don't want to make this whole thread irrelevant.

Kenji

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 10, 2007, 11:45:50 PM
It is an error. I was tired at the time and when adding the lines, I overshot to the right.

Normally I'd fix it, but since it seems 80% of the conversation is talking about it and none of them were PM'd to ask, I might as well keep it that way since I don't want to make this whole thread irrelevant.

Don't get mad, get even. Start changing people's posts. Copy and paste one person's post to another's and repeat. Really mess things up. :3

Regal

Quote from: xTaMxZaHx on September 10, 2007, 12:45:07 AM
Quote from: Regal on September 10, 2007, 12:19:52 AM
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!

And Jy, the answer is yes.

Doesn't hurt to read the rest of the thread.  Or even specific posts.

:mowtongue

xHaZxMaTx

Netrogo

Well looks like I'll be dining on filet of sole tonight :<
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Zedd

Quote from: Netrogo on September 11, 2007, 01:31:20 AM
Well looks like I'll be dining on filet of sole tonight :<
Make sure you eat the entire plate!  ;)

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Kenji on September 10, 2007, 12:19:12 AM
Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on September 10, 2007, 12:06:02 AM
Quote from: Kenji on September 09, 2007, 11:11:04 PM
Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on September 09, 2007, 11:08:31 PM
Oh!  I see it now.  See, I thought the back was actually the neck.  That can be attributed to the outline of the wings.  Though the enormous hat doesn't help, either.
Nothing wrong with an enormous festive hat.
Well you're just biased. :P
That's why you need me to help enforce it. ;P
RJ can't help you either...

But.. but...  :cry
There-there FKK-er Kenji I said I would "enforce" hat's awesomeness for you.  ;)

I figured it was something like that.

You're a kind soul Miss Amber.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kenji on September 10, 2007, 11:49:42 PM
Don't get mad, get even. Start changing people's posts. Copy and paste one person's post to another's and repeat. Really mess things up. :3

Ssshhh! We don't talk about that, ok? If we do, someone might realise what we're up to...

Uh...

Nothing to see here, move along.

;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcalane

Quote from: Naldru on September 09, 2007, 11:58:14 PMThe only logical conclusion about the Fae realm is that nothing is logical.

There is only one place logic belongs, and that is alongside reason; on the curb. :B

Naldru

Oh well.  It was an interesting thread, and I admit I was wrong.  (But Amber is still right in her decision.)

I am reminded of a story (very short) about a novel by James Joyce.  There was a line in the book that the main character carried his beard home in a bag.  People debated the issue and scholarly articles were written on why he carried his beard home in a bag.  Someone then had the bright idea to go to the university where his original handwritten manuscripts were stored.  In the original manuscript, it said that he had carried his bread home in a bag.  Of course, this then resulted in scholarly articles on how typographical errors can lead to scholarly articles.