09/08/07 it slices it dices! abel's Story [#97]

Started by Turnsky, September 07, 2007, 09:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakal

I'm not sure, but it looks like no one's brought this up yet...

Look what Aniz is saying in today's comic (he said it a few times in page 95 as well)

Remember this? http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_625.php

I think we finally found out what Abel was saying. It wasn't some friend he saw bloodied. He was repeating his father. Quite possibly reliving watching this moment (a traumatic enough scene by itself, all the more so for a hemophobic.)

Regal

*sigh* Oh well, we've been knowing for weeks this was coming.   :mowsad

I don't think Aniz is worried that he's killed somebody. I think the problem is he did it in front of Abel. Using a little blood to incapacitate Abel is one thing. Splattering Hennya all over the room is something else. Abel is no good to anyone if he has been turned into a tramatized basket case. We know Abel will ultimately be okay, but Aniz at the time doesn't.

Sunblink

Uh, wow. Just wow.

Taking a momentary break from my brief Internet off-moment, I am in utter shock. While this doesn't quite hit me as emotionally as Devin's death did, Hennya's still smacks me in the face all the same. Poor Hennya... poor May... poor Abel. All of them look completely in shock--especially Abel--even Hennya, during her death.

Wow. I may like Aniz as a villain with impact, but there really needs to be retribution.

Also, this is absolutely awesome art, especially in the first panel. Probably the most creative and artistic way I've ever seen someone get dissected in a comic book. Like someone's already stated, the silhouetting style is reminsicent of Frank Miller.

Ah well... *updates Hennya's Wiku-Wiki page* Alas, poor Hennya. You will be missed.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

chaotik

"The verdict I'm coming to is more than a little bit conflicted.  On the one hand, Aniz killed someone who hadn't done anything wrong.  Usually, this is called "murder."  On the other hand, Aniz still deserves the chance to protect his own life, even if this means taking the life of an attacker.  This is called self-defense.

There's no clean answer.  In real life, in situations like these, there rarely is."

ARE YOU FREAKING INSANE?!?  :erk

One of them was a self-confessed murderer who had just admitted he was about to abscond with/do something to Abel. the Other one was trying to defend her friends.  And becasue she had the gall to try and take out an obviously lethal attacker, Aniz is somehow let off the hook becasue, gee, BIG surprise...HE KILLED SOMEONE ELSE?!?!?!

Aniz has NO moral ground here. It's no diffrent than some nutcase walking into a resturaunt and killing someone becasue he can, then shooting some of the cops who try to take him out before he kills someone ELSE.  Aniz was asking for it, he deserved it...he just sadly didn't get quite enough of it.  I can't believe how many people are defending the villian in this.

multani82

I looked closely and not only did he use his wing tentacles to slice her apart, HE PULLED her ARM off!  :eek That being said, I think Aniz doesn't have a split personality. If anything, he was so enraged that his anger took over and now, after the adrenaline rush has passed, he's just now realizing his mistake. I think he's in some SERIOUS trouble now.

RJ

;_;

Amber scares me.

And now I'm having flashbacks to that Ghost Ship scene with the wire...

superluser

There are going to be some people seriously upset by this.  Namely, Hennya's parents,  Ahnora, and his parents.  Also Kria.

Aniz may want to skip town yesterday.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

multani82

Now that I Think about it, will all that has gone on, don't you think someone would have HEARD all this by now?

nikename2

Meh, even if someone does show up I'm still fairly certain Aniz would just run off. Heck I think he might right now if he "apparently" screwed up real bad here. If he didn't actually lobotomize Abel by mistake (and it looks like it's just Abel's hand) the whole "Oh noes I grew a concious!!!" ploy he's exercising right now makes no sense.

Right now in my mind I'm trying to call out the reasoning behind his actions, and I think I got my answer.

Demont

Roureem Egas

Quote from: chaotik on September 08, 2007, 12:47:58 AM
"The verdict I'm coming to is more than a little bit conflicted.  On the one hand, Aniz killed someone who hadn't done anything wrong.  Usually, this is called "murder."  On the other hand, Aniz still deserves the chance to protect his own life, even if this means taking the life of an attacker.  This is called self-defense.

There's no clean answer.  In real life, in situations like these, there rarely is."

ARE YOU FREAKING INSANE?!?  :erk

One of them was a self-confessed murderer who had just admitted he was about to abscond with/do something to Abel. the Other one was trying to defend her friends.  And becasue she had the gall to try and take out an obviously lethal attacker, Aniz is somehow let off the hook becasue, gee, BIG surprise...HE KILLED SOMEONE ELSE?!?!?!

Aniz has NO moral ground here. It's no diffrent than some nutcase walking into a resturaunt and killing someone becasue he can, then shooting some of the cops who try to take him out before he kills someone ELSE.  Aniz was asking for it, he deserved it...he just sadly didn't get quite enough of it.  I can't believe how many people are defending the villian in this.

Read further down next time. Raist already said he wasn't gonna continue on that trail of discussion. Or she, since I can't remember if Raist stated if s/he was a guy or girl.

As for the comic...I'm at a loss for words other than "Oh. My. God."

schizo

Ahh,got to love the of that first panel,always liked shadow panels,that and Aniz looks just plain evil in it.

WhiteFire

Quote from: Shakal on September 08, 2007, 12:19:37 AM

Look what Aniz is saying in today's comic (he said it a few times in page 95 as well)

I think we finally found out what Abel was saying. It wasn't some friend he saw bloodied. He was repeating his father. Quite possibly reliving watching this moment (a traumatic enough scene by itself, all the more so for a hemophobic.)

Ohhh, I think you got something there. And really nice planning on Amber's part too if that's accurate.

This particular moment may also explain why Able has never been able to get over the hemophobia... had it been just that, one would think a Cubi, even a fairly peaceful one, would have made an effort to deal with their phobia. This, however, may just plain be to tender for him to even think about touching with a ten foot pole.

Sienna Maiu - M T

aww... poor Hennya.
And of course, this also means that my character for voice-ing is gone.. glad that I did the recording before reading.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Roureem Egas on September 08, 2007, 01:33:48 AMOr she, since I can't remember if Raist stated if s/he was a guy or girl.

Is my gender really that ambiguous?

I'm not even going to tell you which, since I've left the answer all over the board, already.

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Raist on September 08, 2007, 02:06:22 AM
Quote from: Roureem Egas on September 08, 2007, 01:33:48 AMOr she, since I can't remember if Raist stated if s/he was a guy or girl.

I'm not even going to tell you which, since I've left the answer all over the board, already.

For a while, I was for a little bit. Then I saw, after I got my senses back. :B Sorry about that.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Roureem Egas on September 08, 2007, 02:08:11 AM
Quote from: Raist on September 08, 2007, 02:06:22 AM

For a while, I was for a little bit. Then I saw, after I got my senses back. :B Sorry about that.

More shock than anything else, really.  Normally, I'd have taken that as the cue to try to hide my masculinity, but the cat's already out of the bag here, so no point.

When the opportunity arises, I like to see how many people I can fool into thinking I'm a girl.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Shakal on September 08, 2007, 12:19:37 AM

I noticed that, but I thought it was obvious and minor...

Fex

Quote from: Raist on September 07, 2007, 11:02:00 PM
Quote from: Caswin on September 07, 2007, 10:17:34 PM
Is it self-defense, really, if the attacker is herself doing it in defense of others?

yes, because if he hadn't killed her, Hennya was going to kill him.  What he's done previously still stands, but personally, I wouldn't hold this particular event against him.

after all, he's already killed a man(that might have been self-defense, as well), taken his place, fathered a child with the dead man's wife, and possibly scarred both May and Abel for the rest of their lives.  What's one more death, more or less

Henya did scar them to in this comic

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_78.php

Fuyudenki

thanks, Fex, I just kept hitting "Next" from there, and I noticed something.

Who noticed that on page 96, Aniz caught Hennya by the arm while she was jumping at him?

And who has noticed that said arm is not, in fact, among the 9 pieces of Hennya sitting in front of Aniz, but actually being held behind his back?  You can see the ragged edges of the shoulder where it was torn off.

I love the details!

Azraelle

The muttering of the word "Haan" is just a sound effect for heavy breathing - Abel's not imitating his father in the DMFA archive strip posted above, he's just breathing heavily, as one would do when they're panicking.  But Aniz is using a different voice here as well, as seen by the font change.  Could just be that something or some other part of his mentality took over in order to finish off Hennya when she pissed him off, and he just suddenly snaps out of it and realizes that it's a huge mistake.

And finally to post my feelings ...

:<

Goatmon

Quote from: modelincard on September 07, 2007, 10:08:32 PM
Must...not...make...Jack reference...

Amber's gore at it's worst is much prettier than, and nowhere near as disgusting as ,anything you'll find in "Games We Play In Hell" ;3

Anyway....
or something by coming into contact with her blood (and/or fangs) or maybe a part of her that stuck him just as he sliced her up.  Or maybe Aniz has a less severe fear of blood, and it hasn't kicked in until now because there's nothing dangerous left to worry about. 

Either way.... poor Henya. We hardly knew ye.  :/

Tapewolf

I'm not sure I can add much.  Most of it seems to have been covered, although it seems to have taken until the third page for someone to point out the obvious :P

I don't know whether Aniz is saying 'F---' because he didn't didn't want to kill Hennya per se.  But killing anyone in front of Abel is an absolute no-no for what he's doing.  He's now going to have to carry his son to SAIA, who probably isn't going to be able to speak until he's fifty.

As for the split-personality thing, I was going to say "don't be silly" until I remembered that he'd been 'Cid' for the last 25 years.  I don't believe it, mind - just saying that it's not completely impossible.  More likely he just lost it, IMHO.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aleolus

Hey!  10 cookies to anyone who can identify where the header line for the main comic today is!  In case it changes, I'll put it in below.

QuoteA, credit card.  B, cash.  C, sneak out in the middle of the night.

Goatmon

Quote from: Aleolus on September 08, 2007, 03:49:22 AM
Hey!  10 cookies to anyone who can identify where the header line for the main comic today is!  In case it changes, I'll put it in below.

QuoteA, credit card.  B, cash.  C, sneak out in the middle of the night.

ooh! I know!

But only cause I googled it.   ;)

Reaver225

I'm actually curious how Aniz managed to cut so finely; those tentacle-wings don't look anywhere NEAR sharp enough to cut through someone so perfectly. Magic?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reaver225 on September 08, 2007, 04:49:41 AM
I'm actually curious how Aniz managed to cut so finely; those tentacle-wings don't look anywhere NEAR sharp enough to cut through someone so perfectly. Magic?
You can morph them into blades.  It might be that they are a lot flatter towards the tips than they seem from the silhouette.  According to one of Amber's earlier posts, a well-trained incubus can cut through rocks.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Caswin on September 07, 2007, 10:11:44 PM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 07, 2007, 09:56:08 PMI count nine separate pieces of Hennya.

I am inclined to disagree.
For some reason, I love this quote.  You have a tendency to do that, Cogidubnus.

Sooo... subjective morals being what they are around these parts, anybody not holding this against him?

So I guess I'll play devil's advocate.
1) What we have here, before the murder is a domestic violence case. A rather bad one, but not as serious as one might think (given that only minor bloodletting was involved, and it's only one instance) (And yes, I'm counting this as domestic violence instead of breaking an entering, seeing that even though they're for all intents and purposes not married, it's still father, mother and son.
2) Aniz was attacked by Hennya, and acted in self defence. Granted, he was carried away, but it's still self defence.
3) You've to realise the long term repercussions. This could probably start a war/genocide by Hennya's relatives/clan.

Also... I'm frankly more worried for May... Because one of Aniz's current choices is to "dispose of witnesses". The (technically) cleanest option right now is to kidnap both, render Abel unconsious (Abel's probably a few steps ahead here), dispose of May, and frame Cid (I'm assuming he kept his disguise all this time).

Hope he has a warp aci though, because I don't think there's any clean way to go out with a traumatized May and Abel.

(for clarification: I am NOT evil. I'm just able to think all sides.)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 08, 2007, 05:37:24 AM
Also... I'm frankly more worried for May... Because one of Aniz's current choices is to "dispose of witnesses". The (technically) cleanest option right now is to kidnap both, render Abel unconsious (Abel's probably a few steps ahead here), dispose of May, and frame Cid (I'm assuming he kept his disguise all this time).

Aniz seems distressed that he's killed Hennya.  We don't know if it's because he didn't want to kill anyone (else), because he didn't want his son to see it, or simply because he's upset that he's f'ed the mission up real bad.  If it's the first, he might not be up to killing again, let alone killing the person he's lived with for 25 years.

I had assumed that he wouldn't kill May because it would do even more irreparable harm to his son than he already has.  But you're right, Abel doesn't have to know.  On the other hand, it might be better simply to leave and hope that May isn't able to give a coherent account.
Not that it matters too much if she did because he's a shapeshifter after all.