2007-08-31 [813] When drinking, never mix, never worry.

Started by superluser, August 31, 2007, 05:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Quote from: Caswin on September 01, 2007, 10:17:42 PMSee, I didn't/don't see that.  It looked like something Fi could literally see.

And then Amber explained it and it was over.  The end.  Good times.  Good times.

You know what I like?  I like this comic.  I was hoping that maybe we could discuss it?  Like, how Amber seems to be pretty adept at doing Merrie Melodies homages:

Go Amber!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Arcalane

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 31, 2007, 07:58:32 AMI think a scientific approach is in order....
We need a full wallpaper of Destania, as she was dressed in panel two and three to truly judge the family resemblance between her and Dan.

Fffff.

You just want an excuse to ogle teh b00bies.

Admit it.

Naldru

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 02, 2007, 03:47:09 AM
Yes, let's spam emoticons retardedly in place of a more intelligent discussion.
Hey, at least it wasn't Hampsterdance.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Aridas

Quote from: superluser on September 02, 2007, 04:00:15 AM
Quote from: Caswin on September 01, 2007, 10:17:42 PMSee, I didn't/don't see that.  It looked like something Fi could literally see.

And then Amber explained it and it was over.  The end.  Good times.  Good times.

You know what I like?  I like this comic.  I was hoping that maybe we could discuss it?  Like, how Amber seems to be pretty adept at doing Merrie Melodies homages:

Go Amber!
Er, I don't think anyone else saw that. the comparison is pretty dissimilar, and we're talking about frigging facial expressions here...

AndersW

Quote from: Sid on September 01, 2007, 09:38:25 AM
(Working with gut instinct only, it's possible I'm not completely right)
"Breaking character" is basically just a character not really acting like the character. For example, if a character refers to being in a comic or has access to information he normally shouldn't have, then that's basically him breaking character. Mild examples of this would be actually mentioning flashbacks, sensing plot twists (and having no memory of things that happened off-panel), interacting with the narrator, and so on. For more serious examples, read Bob and George. :P

In this case, Dan and Fi react to something that's in the comic panel, but not actually in their world. The mental image is only projected for the reader (like when Biggs imagined Danielle while describing her), but the characters see it anyway.

Hope that helps...

Up until Sid explained it, I was still lost as to what was going on.  I had a fair idea, but I wasn't sure until he explained it.

Therefore I do not think that it is beating a dead horse to discuss it more.

Madmann135

Quote from: Arcalane on September 02, 2007, 07:46:58 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on August 31, 2007, 07:58:32 AMI think a scientific approach is in order....
We need a full wallpaper of Destania, as she was dressed in panel two and three to truly judge the family resemblance between her and Dan.

Fffff.

You just want an excuse to ogle teh b00bies.

Admit it.

I won't deny it but I won't admit to it.
I have my reasons  :mowcookie
it's SCIENCE!!!!
Science doesn't need to be explained all the time...

I go quiet now.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Angel

Quote from: superluser on September 02, 2007, 04:00:15 AM

Go Amber!

I hadn't noticed that...  :boggle Dan's eye honestly made me think of L from Death Note.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Sajoli

Uh, I'm pretty sure to fully see the resemblance we'd need a wallpaper of DAN in that little outfit.  ;)

HAHA! NO FREE SHOWS FOR YOU!

Saist

Quote from: Sajoli on September 02, 2007, 04:27:50 PM

Uh, I'm pretty sure to fully see the resemblance we'd need a wallpaper of DAN in that little outfit.  ;)

shhhhhh! Amber would DRAW it...

(if not her, then any of the other artists around here)

Aleolus

Quote from: je.saist on September 02, 2007, 07:01:43 PM
Quote from: Sajoli on September 02, 2007, 04:27:50 PM

shhhhhh! Amber would DRAW it...

(if not her, then any of the other artists around here)

:erk Quick, everyone stay out of the Art forum, unless you want to see Dan wearing that outfit!

Alondro

Quote from: je.saist on August 31, 2007, 04:31:04 PM
Quote from: Alondro on August 31, 2007, 01:46:46 PM
*Charles still thinks Fa'lina is hotter*  But yes, Dan has many issues, which just keep growing and compounding as time goes on.  I'm sure he's going to end up marrying a coat rack out of utter confusion and delusion one day.  :3

Charles likes big butts and he did not lie
Us other brothers shouldn't deny
That when a Poodle walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in his face
He gets sprung
Wanna pull up tough
Cuz he noticed that rump was stuffed

*Charles erfs*  That's not true!  I like big boobs!  Er...  :blush
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

e_voyager

i agree with AndersW.  Sid Did make an excellent case much better then i could have and his choice of referring comics and it has a large selection of this humor including the author entering the comic and author character self depreciation humor   
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Aleolus on September 02, 2007, 09:36:19 PM

:erk Quick, everyone stay out of the Art forum, unless you want to see Dan wearing that outfit!

What?  where?  I couldn't find the topic

Granted, I don't really frequent the art forum, so I wouldn't know where to look...

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Raist on September 03, 2007, 12:50:18 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on September 02, 2007, 09:36:19 PM

What?  where?  I couldn't find the topic

Granted, I don't really frequent the art forum, so I wouldn't know where to look...
No, I believe he's merely warning of impending doom. The doom has not happened yet. I'd make it happen, were it not for my evil summer project. :<
Jeez I need to update this thing.

KarlOmega1

I'd still like to see a wallpaper for Destania...even if this one comic strip was a Fourth- wall breaker joke.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

techmaster-glitch

e_voyager

maybe we cold commission it. how much do you think it'll cost if amber agrees?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Faerie Alex

CVRPG says $450, and that's assuming he doesn't get some sorta family & friends discount.

Amber Williams

Zedd

Amber Williams

Dude. If someone is willing to plunk down $450, there is few limits to what I'd be willing to draw for them.  That's just common sense. :B

bill

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 04, 2007, 09:03:04 PM
Dude. If someone is willing to plunk down $450, there is few limits to what I'd be willing to draw for them.  That's just common sense. :B
US dollars, or Canadian dollars?

bill

I was actually considering it, then I remembered that that is most of my bi-weekly paycheck.

Tapewolf

Wrong answer.  Otherwise you'll get some evil git like me requesting a single image billions of pixels across containing the entire first 550 DMFA strips in full resolution  :mwaha

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 05, 2007, 04:12:55 AM
Wrong answer.  Otherwise you'll get some evil git like me requesting a single image billions of pixels across containing the entire first 550 DMFA strips in full resolution  :mwaha

Nonsense. That would just fall into one of the "few limits".  :3

Reese Tora

How much is that in pounds of swedish fish? :B
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Amber Williams

Urf...I feel so terrible for mentioning this...but after literally getting 10+ pounds of swedish fish in less than a year and having to try to eat them all...I actually don't enjoy them anymore.  :<

I've been scared to mention any other favorite food I might have out of fear it will also get flooded to me and I'll end up overdosing on them to the point I don't like them anymore either.