08/17/07 [#808] FOOD FIGHT !!!

Started by AndersW, August 17, 2007, 12:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

An entire family Mom Alexsi, Dad Pyro, Siblings Dan and Abel, and a grandmother who hates dragons.  If Alexsi and Pyro are an old married couple now shouldn't they have more than 2 children?  I mean Dan could use a little dragon to keep him company with Mab and Abel, that could help make the real impact that he's going to out live his sister less traumatic to his fragile little mind.

Though one thing comes to mind.  A new Warning sign for Dan and Able.
WARNING!
Do not let near anything fragile, explosive, flammable or gardens.

One more thing I just thought of.
In Dan's profile, direct copy and paste
"Dan's Quote: Well what do ya know... it CAN be set on fire!"

And it took a guy named PYROduck state Dan's unique ability to set things on fire.

(Sleep deprivation, influenced everything wrong with this post)

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

lucas marcone

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 17, 2007, 07:42:09 PM
Quote from: lucas marcone on August 17, 2007, 03:23:05 PM
oh let it alone....if you've been to half the internets i have you learn people like kaskar are common place and learn ways to ignore them.

"Everyone does it" doesn't make it right. 2 billion lemmings commit suicide, 60 trillion flies eat shit. Were you planning on taking either of those up in the near future?

im not saying it's ok. im just saying complaining tends to make things worse. and maybe if you ignore him his "I need attention" complex will manifest its self on a diffrent forum.....like myspace! .....NO not another bullet whore!

patchwork cat

Quote from: lucas marcone on August 18, 2007, 01:25:43 AM
oh let it alone....if you've been to half the internets i have you learn people like kaskar are common place and learn ways to ignore them.

"Everyone does it" doesn't make it right. 2 billion lemmings commit suicide, 60 trillion flies eat shit. Were you planning on taking either of those up in the near future?

im not saying it's ok. im just saying complaining tends to make things worse. and maybe if you ignore him his "I need attention" complex will manifest its self on a diffrent forum.....like myspace! .....NO not another bullet whore!

dunno about a 'kaskar' -as for attention, i get plenty of that off the internet. i make a light hearted reference to Pratchett's Thud and all i get is abuse? i don't like this atmosphere i'm a big fan of DMFA.
i would have used good ol *does something* but i figure the mows were there to use. A simple expression of how i felt about the Thud reference in this context was all that was. i figured hardly anyone would reply.
BTW i don't expect people to read Thud just because of flaming cabbage.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: patchwork cat on August 18, 2007, 03:46:46 AM

dunno about a 'kaskar' -as for attention, i get plenty of that off the internet. i make a light hearted reference to Pratchett's Thud and all i get is abuse? i don't like this atmosphere i'm a big fan of DMFA.
i would have used good ol *does something* but i figure the mows were there to use. A simple expression of how i felt about the Thud reference in this context was all that was. i figured hardly anyone would reply.
Flaming cabbage? Cool! *goes off and reads Thud by Terry Prachett*
:P
Well, from what I have seen, the Mow smilies are rarely used.
These smilies are used most of all:  :) ;) :< :B :3 >:3 :U :rolleyes 8) :mwaha :erk :P :giggle :boogie :cry :eager :hug :zombiekun2
Other than those(and use them sparsely), unless you have a very good place to use one, it only makes you thought of as a Kaskar.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

patchwork cat

Cool. Does make the Mows look a bit pointless (they're right above here!). Actually if you look elsewhere on the 'internets' (like UH2) i hardly ever use coloured emoticons. This was just somewhere i needed to really make things obviously lighter than usual. (gods, what a sentence)

Anyway totally OT with apologies and sorry if anyone else was peed off. Next time give some better idea what a 'kaskar' is.
Can't wait to see the state of the garden, will we see China?

Netrogo

First off what I did was hardly abuse. If it offended you I appologize. However that brings me to point two. The mows are there to use but much like most things in life it's called moderation. We've had to deal for the longest time on this forum with a guy named kaskar who made a point of using as many emotes (mows especially) in every post possible. You used three of them in a three line post, and if you were really expressing how you felt you wouldn't have used an ignore and a laugh mow, which both tend to mean opposite things.

Quite frankly the fact that you considered my 'Oh noes kaskar clone" line abuse leads me to believe either you're a lurker who knows who kaskar is, you are kaskar under a new account name, or you're one of those people who takes everything that isn't sunshine and fairydust as a personal insult, because nobody else would be offended by that line because they wouldn't know what a kaskar is and they wouldn't sooner ask what I meant by that line rather then assume abuse.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

patchwork cat

Quote from: Netrogo on August 18, 2007, 05:49:06 AM

First off what I did was hardly abuse. If it offended you I appologize. However that brings me to point two. The mows are there to use but much like most things in life it's called moderation. We've had to deal for the longest time on this forum with a guy named kaskar who made a point of using as many emotes (mows especially) in every post possible. You used three of them in a three line post, and if you were really expressing how you felt you wouldn't have used an ignore and a laugh mow, which both tend to mean opposite things.

Quite frankly the fact that you considered my 'Oh noes kaskar clone" line abuse leads me to believe either you're a lurker who knows who kaskar is, you are kaskar under a new account name, or you're one of those people who takes everything that isn't sunshine and fairydust as a personal insult, because nobody else would be offended by that line because they wouldn't know what a kaskar is and they wouldn't sooner ask what I meant by that line rather then assume abuse.

er i wasn't referring to your post at all.
point one,  i used two mows, i don't know what the third one at the top was for. i wanted two light-hearted expressions, one straight, one laughing. End of story.
point two, i am neither kaskar (i did a search actually, you can search) you all made it clear what a kaskar was when you (plural) started talking about me in third person using cheap psychological abuse. i haven't complained about that ,just repudiated it.Try re-reading this thread.
i've already apologised, i just figure you haven't read the thread fully.

Netrogo

If you check the time stamps the forum messed up. For some reason my post was made before yours but it shows on the forum as being after yours.

Anyways appologies for the misunderstandings. That third mow, you must have clicked it by accident if you didn't want it there. Too frequently on forums, shortly after someone is banned you see them come 'sneaking' back in with a new account. So just after kas was banned seeing someone else just pop up with a post full of mows made me jump to conclusions.

Mind you now that I've seen you're literate it's clear you're not kaskar :) So again sorry about the misunderstanding, and welcome to the forums.

Naldru

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 18, 2007, 12:49:42 AM
Though one thing comes to mind.  A new Warning sign for Dan and Able.
WARNING!
Do not let near anything fragile, explosive, flammable or gardens.

One more thing I just thought of.
In Dan's profile, direct copy and paste
"Dan's Quote: Well what do ya know... it CAN be set on fire!"

And it took a guy named PYROduck state Dan's unique ability to set things on fire.

(Sleep deprivation, influenced everything wrong with this post)
I believe that Abel is actually the one who can set things on fire.  In the past Merlitz was the one setting things on fire, and I believe that the idea may have been that it was a remark about Merlitz setting things on fire.

By the way, when I mentioned Thud earlier, I wasn't complaining.  It's just that when I read quotes, I like to know the source.  I had no intention of flaming anyone.  (Pun was not originally intended, but it does seem appropriate.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Netrogo on August 18, 2007, 07:02:02 AM
Mind you now that I've seen you're literate it's clear you're not kaskar :)

"Literate" is an understatement. ;-]

I'm glad to see everyone has sorted everything out, and is being reasonably sensible.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 18, 2007, 08:38:54 AM
Quote from: Netrogo on August 18, 2007, 07:02:02 AM
Mind you now that I've seen you're literate it's clear you're not kaskar :)

"Literate" is an understatement. ;-]

I'm glad to see everyone has sorted everything out, and is being reasonably sensible.

Heh yeah, I suppose that is an understatment. Compared to Kaskar, our new friend here is Shakespear.

Madmann135

A testament to Amber's work is the first panel.  Abel is in full focus, Dan is in partial focus and the building in the background is quite blurred.  For Amber to pay attention to that much detail in a 4 day a week comic is impressive.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Naldru

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 18, 2007, 10:53:22 AM
A testament to Amber's work is the first panel.  Abel is in full focus, Dan is in partial focus and the building in the background is quite blurred.  For Amber to pay attention to that much detail in a 4 day a week comic is impressive.
I just went back and looked at it again.  I wonder if she inked three separate images as different layers or inked one image and then split it into separate layers.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

patchwork cat

Quote from: Naldru on August 18, 2007, 11:29:31 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on August 18, 2007, 10:53:22 AM
I just went back and looked at it again.  I wonder if she inked three separate images as different layers or inked one image and then split it into separate layers.
Oh yeah, the depth effect is really nice. i remember it's the first thing that struck me. My guess is three separate cels (or whatever Amber uses).

lucas marcone

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on August 18, 2007, 05:18:34 AM

These smilies are used most of all:  :) ;) :< :B :3 >:3 :U :rolleyes 8) :mwaha :erk :P :giggle :boogie :cry :eager :hug :zombiekun2
Other than those(and use them sparsely), unless you have a very good place to use one, it only makes you thought of as a Kaskar.

-RobbieThe1st

isn't it a little pretentious for some of the forumites to limet as to wich smileys you can use? i mean look at all of them to choose from isnt that why they are there? and i forone use  :kirby alot

techmaster-glitch

When I want to put a lightened tone in one of my posts, I hunt down a smiley that best fits what I'm saying.

As for the 'most often used smilies' list, this one D: is used very often, more so than several of the other so-called 'most used' smilies.

Netrogo

:mowignore :mowninja Personally I don't have a problem with any of the smileys. I like the mow ones.  :mowmeep It's just when people use a mess of them that have nothing do with with each other. :mowsmile :mowdizzy

Like that.

lucas marcone

but his did, as explained by him later

Netrogo

I wasn't pointing at Patchwork specifically. I was just stating the problem I have with people using multiple emotes for no reason. Patch DID use them for no reason though. Unless Patch can explain what the ignore and happy emote have to do with each other. I ignore you but I'm happy with you? I happily ignore you? All the combinations of ignore and happy that I can come up with do not apply to what was said in the post, but maybe I'm not seeing something. Enlighten me if you want to bring this back to being about Patchwork's post cuz last I checked I was entering into the conversation with Tech and them about the use of emotes and already appologized to Patch.

Sajoli

Yay that the whole "kaskar clone" problem is over with. I honestly don't even know who kaskar is.  :giggle Ah. Innocence is bliss. Which is why I must search for him and thus choose knowledge instead.

I've only just noticed; what looks to be wing-tentacles are starting to wrap around Dan in the second panel. Unless I'm seeing things that aren't there, of course.

By the way, there are one or two allusions to another popular comic in this post. Can you find them?

nikename2

Yeah that's Abel going c'thulu on Dan in the second panel. I'm gonna give Dan the benefit of a doubt that he used his DDR skills to dodge Abel's initial attack and the foilage we see in the third panel is the "Whoosh" vapor trail from Dan's lightning reflexes. Abel then frustrated begins setting cabbage on fire and begins throwing it at Dan. Or atleast that's what I'd like to believe happened.  :rolleyes

patchwork cat

i'm not sure what that pointy item in panel 2 is; a darkish tail, or some wing tentacle? i reckon tail but Dan's is light and thin. Anyway i see that cabbage made a direct hit from those feathers flying. All i really expect to see next is chaos and carnage... and cabbage. :3

OT- Netrogo, the mows were a  sequence, Just how i felt about the post, the ignore mow should have been a straight face or cool -closest i could get.. Then i realised that was daft. -i decided i don't like the regular smileys here anyway. 

Naldru, i took no offence at all! i really hope you didn't. i just felt people either knew about Thud or they didn't care. i didn't feel it important. Sorry i didn't say that sooner.

Sienna Maiu - M T

I know of somebody who burned the entire meal at camp once including the salad.
And that's really all I have to say about that matter.

Kenji

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on August 18, 2007, 10:43:24 PM

Zedd

Quote from: Kenji on August 18, 2007, 10:44:50 PM

Homer=Epic Failure

Castle Pokemetroid

Hmm... You know the effects used in the first panel? Well, how do you make them?

BTW, is it even possible to put corn flakes on fire?

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: lucas marcone on August 18, 2007, 12:30:46 PM
Quote from: RobbieThe1st on August 18, 2007, 05:18:34 AM

-RobbieThe1st

isn't it a little pretentious for some of the forumites to limet as to wich smileys you can use? i mean look at all of them to choose from isnt that why they are there? and i forone use  :kirby alot
Well, it is better to err on the side of caution, and I figure once you know where to use smilies appropriately, and have been making good posts for a few months, *then* you can   start using the less-used smilies. I try to use only a few smilies when they are appropriate, as I don't want to end up like Kaskar(Banned for 14 days!).

As with most things, what I have said are guidelines. I have no power, and am not going to do anything, but that doesn't mean that the Admins will do nothing if they decide you are too annoying.

I hope you understand what I am saying, and do not take my words to mean that I am trying to force you to do anything. I am only trying to keep you(this can apply to anyone here)  from getting into trouble. :)

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on August 19, 2007, 02:07:07 AM
Hmm... You know the effects used in the first panel? Well, how do you make them?

Well, I would imagine that Abel is on one layer(top), Dan on a second layer(second), and the background on a third layer(bottom layer). Once you separate the various elements into separate layers, It is easy to see how it was done - The background has a lot of blur, Dan has a small amount of blur, and Abel has no blur(it is amazing how a simple function like blur can create such nice effects).

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

AndersW

Quote from: Kenji on August 18, 2007, 10:44:50 PM

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on August 19, 2007, 02:07:07 AM

Of course you can set cereal on fire.  Riff did it. Link