08/11/07 Abel's Story [#95] Liked that shirt

Started by AndersW, August 11, 2007, 12:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: kaskar on August 12, 2007, 04:54:10 AM
I didn't know you were from England. When you said a fiver, I thought it was 5 dollars .  Sorry about that ...

Nothing to apologise for. :-]

Quote from: superluser on August 12, 2007, 05:38:08 AM
In the interests of cultural exchange, I think that Kaskar should bet five of Llearch's currency, and Llearch should bet 5 of Kaskar's.

... so if he wins, he's on a 4:1?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: RJ on August 12, 2007, 12:52:59 AM
Oh yeah, didn't Kria say that she'd drop by later to talk with Abel?

:eager

Yes, yes I believe she did! Woo! Kria to the rescue!

Netrogo

Quote from: Turnsky on August 12, 2007, 09:11:51 AM
Quote from: kaskar on August 12, 2007, 12:37:11 AM
  8) So are we going to be forced into playing the game, " How long can Amber string a story line on for ...  "

offhand, for as long as she can plausibly. that's taking plot twists, and exposition into account.

or as long as her relative sanity holds out, that said it's not your straight out fight scene between two parties, there's plenty of variables, Hennya's one of them, Kria's another, and if Abel snaps out of it, he'd be another, yet easy to subdue, element to the mix.

Heck, if Fa'Lina or a Warp-Aci pops in, that's another two variables...  Regardless, it's the proverbial can of worms, that's why i love it so.  :3

Atleast her 'stringing out' is making sense. Another of the comics I read alot was literally making every issue after we saw this one character 'possibly' get shot, a cliffhanger. http://www.abstractgender.com For the last month or so since we saw a guy point a gun at the one chars mom and fire it's been conveniently forgetting to tell us if she was dead or just in the hospital. It wasn't until it got to this part where it did a montage of the chars thinking about her, and they were wearing suits, that I went to the forum and found out she was infact dead.

The writer even had the nerve to complain in the forum about people not being as upset as he'd expected about her death. To which I saw one reply 'She's dead?"

So yeah, atleast Amber makes the story longer and cliffhangery IN A GOOD FREAKING WAY!!!
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Turnsky

Quote from: Netrogo on August 12, 2007, 07:45:37 PM

So yeah, atleast Amber makes the story longer and cliffhangery IN A GOOD FREAKING WAY!!!

when one's readers curse your name for making them wait a few days for the next installment after a cliffhanger, then you've done your task well, grasshopper.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Netrogo

Quote from: Turnsky on August 12, 2007, 10:04:59 PM
When one's readers curse your name for making them wait a few days for the next installment after a cliffhanger, then you've done your task well, grasshopper.

Hear hear!

kaskar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 12, 2007, 04:51:27 PM
Quote from: kaskar on August 12, 2007, 04:54:10 AM
I didn't know you were from England. When you said a fiver, I thought it was 5 dollars .  Sorry about that ...

Nothing to apologise for. :-]

Quote from: superluser on August 12, 2007, 05:38:08 AM
In the interests of cultural exchange, I think that Kaskar should bet five of Llearch's currency, and Llearch should bet 5 of Kaskar's.

... so if he wins, he's on a 4:1?

That was one reason why I was going to call off the bet. I am Australian, not American. I would have to use currency converter, bankcheque an amount to an account that only II'earch would know, but be a  valid account, and I feel it could 'queer' some of our resident artists work, because it could influence some of her comic writing. ( e.g. Get betting going,. Plotwriter then writes plot to advantage ... ) Would Amber ever do that ?  Ever ?  ( Is Amber American still ? She moved to Canada ... )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Netrogo

Well technically she'd have dual citizenship so she's actually both.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: kaskar on August 13, 2007, 02:12:40 AM
   That was one reason why I was going to call off the bet. I am Australian, not American. I would have to use currency converter, bankcheque an amount to an account that only II'earch would know, but be a  valid account, and I feel it could 'queer' some of our resident artists work, because it could influence some of her comic writing. ( e.g. Get betting going,. Plotwriter then writes plot to advantage ... ) Would Amber ever do that ?  Ever ?  ( Is Amber American still ? She moved to Canada ... )

So, if you wins, you gets $11.94 AUD, and if I win, I get £2.09 GBP - even worse (for me), a 6:1 in his favour.

(according to www.xe.com as at time of posting, give or take a little rounding, etc)

Hmmm. I'm tempted to go for it anyway, but the transfer costs of passing it via paypal or some such would be worth more than the bet... :-] (although my brother is in Melbourne, I could get you to post it to him...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 13, 2007, 10:35:47 AMSo, if you wins, you gets $11.94 AUD, and if I win, I get £2.09 GBP - even worse (for me), a 6:1 in his favour.

Check that math.  That should be AU$11.94 (£5) vs AU$5 (£2.09).  Anyways, my suggestion was that kaskar should bet £5 while you bet AU$5.  That's still roughly 2:1 in llearch's favor.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Indilee

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on August 12, 2007, 05:55:25 PM
Quote from: RJ on August 12, 2007, 12:52:59 AM
Oh yeah, didn't Kria say that she'd drop by later to talk with Abel?

:eager

Yes, yes I believe she did! Woo! Kria to the rescue!

Oooh, I hadn't thought about that option either. :D

Netrogo

Quote from: superluser on August 13, 2007, 02:08:03 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 13, 2007, 10:35:47 AMSo, if you wins, you gets $11.94 AUD, and if I win, I get £2.09 GBP - even worse (for me), a 6:1 in his favour.

Check that math.  That should be AU$11.94 (£5) vs AU$5 (£2.09).  Anyways, my suggestion was that kaskar should bet £5 while you bet AU$5.  That's still roughly 2:1 in llearch's favor.

They should both bet $5 Canadian. Keep it nice and simple.

kaskar

8)
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 13, 2007, 10:35:47 AM
Quote from: kaskar on August 13, 2007, 02:12:40 AM

So, if you wins, you gets $11.94 AUD, and if I win, I get £2.09 GBP - even worse (for me), a 6:1 in his favour.

(according to www.xe.com as at time of posting, give or take a little rounding, etc)

Hmmm. I'm tempted to go for it anyway, but the transfer costs of passing it via paypal or some such would be worth more than the bet... :-] (although my brother is in Melbourne, I could get you to post it to him...)

8) Another option, which may seem too logical, is have $ 5 (au) each, with IIearch's brother holding that $ 5, and if no-one is lethally DEAD in the next 3 frames, ( Amber draws slow ), then noone collects, since noone has died ...   ( in 1 month, the bet is finished then, with Abel updates once a week ... )  The odds are one to one. No silly currency translation ...  If I lose, IIearch's brother gets sent $ 5 ... Any comment ? Simple cheque ( bankcheque ? ), or a $ 5 note with letter posted to him, Is that too Simple ... Odds 1:1

Netrogo

Then that means you're just betting five australian which doesn't make it fair for Llearch. Just cuz you're giving it to his brother first doesn't make it one to one.

kaskar

:mowsad
Quote from: Netrogo on August 14, 2007, 09:45:58 AM
Then that means you're just betting five australian which doesn't make it fair for Llearch. Just cuz you're giving it to his brother first doesn't make it one to one.

:mowignore I'd send $ 5 (au), or even $10 straight off now ( almost a fiver ) to her brother's adress NOW, to end this foolishness, and forget any bet. Grudges or Guilt can remain for any little reason, like losing a bet, or anything else. No bet, just address of brother to send cash to. I have been banned before, I'll try to be more carefull now not to, by not being stupid ... So just stop poking me with a stick ...

Illusionist

Kamunt

*blinks* ....What in God's name happened to this topic...? :erk

Quote from: rabid_fox on August 11, 2007, 02:15:53 AMI might be completely on my own here, but is anyone else impressed beyond belief at just how engaging Abel's Story is?

I'm sure you've been quoted to death already, but I agree^3.5. That's right, a fourth half-dimension has been created just to describe this level of godly awesome.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kamunt on August 15, 2007, 04:48:56 AM
*blinks* ....What in God's name happened to this topic...? :erk

"Economics.  Now there's nothing left..."
-- Shakers and Movers, Midnight Oil

QuoteI'm sure you've been quoted to death already, but I agree^3.5. That's right, a fourth half-dimension has been created just to describe this level of godly awesome.
That might be overdoing it, but yeah.  I have to wonder whether the Regina arc would have been this good.  To be honest, I think Abel was the right decision, although Amber and Caswin might not agree  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

To be blunt...It only matters in the end how you where in your life to have any retribution or remose in your heart to see well into the eyes of others. But I dont think Aniz ever will get it so far ever seince he took over Cid completey or maybe Cid was mainly person he made up to get to May quicker than a venus flytraps sweet scent.  All in all is said...Its gonna take a large chance or luck to wonder who the victor may be afterwords.

Thats all I have to say about that...Goodnight  :B

Netrogo

Quote from: kaskar on August 14, 2007, 09:49:59 PM
  :mowsad
Quote from: Netrogo on August 14, 2007, 09:45:58 AM

:mowignore I'd send $ 5 (au), or even $10 straight off now ( almost a fiver ) to her brother's adress NOW, to end this foolishness, and forget any bet. Grudges or Guilt can remain for any little reason, like losing a bet, or anything else. No bet, just address of brother to send cash to. I have been banned before, I'll try to be more carefull now not to, by not being stupid ... So just stop poking me with a stick ...

For once I actually wasn't belittling you. I was just pointing out that your betting logic was off. Also Llearch is a boy so it'd be his brother not her.

Sajoli

hsssss.... math stuff!
Anyways, if I had any money, I would bet on Hennya being taken out (probably not dead, but so wounded she might as well be) and Aniz going up to (barfing) Abel and saying something like "Time to go," except much more sinister. And then Kria comes in, which has been hinted at in like her shadow in the background or something, and just stabs Aniz through the chest with something, cuz that would be awesome, not to mention bloody.  :boogie Yay bloody! And then there's this huge kinda drawn out scene with Aniz all like, "I'm not dead yet," and when he tries to get one last shot in, Kria fireballs him. And then she'll turn to Abel to try to help, and Hennya, whose pretty much dead anyway, will suddenly leap up and try to stop her because she doesn't realize that Kria's a good guy in this case, and Kria will kill her with one blow, barely even bothering to turn around, thus making Abel even more cracked then he already is.

...Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. It's a lot more detailed then what I thought it would be, in any case.

...UPDATE, AMBER!!! PLEEEEEEASE! SOOOOOOOON!

That is all.

EDIT:
Just now realizing what a total loser i sounded like. Ah well. Them's the breaks.