08/11/07 Abel's Story [#95] Liked that shirt

Started by AndersW, August 11, 2007, 12:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnizInDisguise

Yep, Henya is now in kill mode. Unfortunetly for her, so is Aniz.

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on August 11, 2007, 10:53:52 AM
Quote from: Attic Rat on August 11, 2007, 12:47:35 AM
That'll teach her... If you've only got one strike - go for the throat, not the collar bone.

*Charline nods*  That's why we felines always win.   >:3  *drools at the blood*  Grrrr... making me hungry... must FEED!   :zombiekun2
No down..Bad girl. No eating the prince

Goatmon

Naldru

Quote from: Alondro on August 11, 2007, 10:53:52 AM
Quote from: Attic Rat on August 11, 2007, 12:47:35 AM
That'll teach her... If you've only got one strike - go for the throat, not the collar bone.

*Charline nods*  That's why we felines always win.   >:3  *drools at the blood*  Grrrr... making me hungry... must FEED!   :zombiekun2
I'll give Hennya the benefit of the doubt and assume that she was going for the carotid artery.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Distracting

Whoa, dramatic fight scene so far. I think there's a pressure point around where Hennya was biting, but correct me if I'm wrong.

But what a day for Abel. A funeral, hearing dying thoughts, learning that he's a incubus and that his supposed father was deceiving him, lots of blood, and a ripped shirt. It takes a special skill to have such a bad day, I think.

Manawolf

Powerful cubi, and he doesn't even know Mending?

A real man knows how to repair his own equipment.

Caswin

Quote from: Manawolf on August 11, 2007, 05:39:43 PMA real man knows how to repair his own equipment.
Chalk it up to how, well, he really likes the shirt the way it is, not needing mending at all and so forth.  Personally, I'd call battle damage adding character, but it makes sense.  Sort of.

Quick spec-poll: Who does everyone think is going to win this conflict?  For the past couple weeks, my money's genuinely been on Aniz (as someone else pointed out, 'cubi in this universe get away with far worse all the time, off-panel though it may be), but now that Hennya's actually shaken him, I'd say he's going down (though I highly doubt he'll go alone).
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Naldru on August 11, 2007, 04:34:29 PM
I'll give Hennya the benefit of the doubt and assume that she was going for the carotid artery.

Actually.  You're a bit wrong.  Hennya has made a dangerous mistake in that she didn't want to go lethal, so aimed her first strike for non-lethal damage in hopes it would disable Aniz and possibly scare him off. 

I will say this much, had Hennya used her initial attack for a fatal blow, this fight would probably have ended just as it started. 

But since it hasnt, I just wanted to mention I'm shooting for an extra Abel's Story update this week...which if any astute readers have clued into by now...is codeword for "Amber is trying to avoid multiple weeks of cliffhangery pages"  Take that as you will as a good sign or bad. :B

Zedd

Quote from: Amber Williams on August 11, 2007, 05:59:08 PM

Actually.  You're a bit wrong.  Hennya has made a dangerous mistake in that she didn't want to go lethal, so aimed her first strike for non-lethal damage in hopes it would disable Aniz and possibly scare him off. 

I will say this much, had Hennya used her initial attack for a fatal blow, this fight would probably have ended just as it started. 

But since it hasnt, I just wanted to mention I'm shooting for an extra Abel's Story update this week...which if any astute readers have clued into by now...is codeword for "Amber is trying to avoid multiple weeks of cliffhangery pages"  Take that as you will as a good sign or bad. :B
Take..one...step...And then again..Do the mario! All toghter now!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Take that as you will as a good sign or bad. :B

I think Hennya's goose is cooked. Anyone want to take me up on that? I'll put a fiver out.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Azraelle

Hennya's gonna need some uber moves, now that Aniz is on full alert, if she expects to survive this at all.  The only other possibility is that her attack will simply serve as a distraction long enough for another party to come in and double-team Aniz.  I doubt it will be May, and I highly dought it would be Abel.  So as I said before, the only real option for Hennya's survival is a Deus-Ex (someone or something unexpected comes along to nullify the whole scene).

Caswin

Quote from: Azraelle on August 11, 2007, 07:07:57 PMThe only other possibility is that her attack will simply serve as a distraction long enough for another party...
*Jumps wildly up and down* Ooh!  Ooh!  I know!  I know! *Aniz'd* Ow.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

nikename2

Uber moves eh? Quick Hennya! Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start!! If that doesn't work try using a gameshark!  xD

Shadowcatcher

\But since it hasnt, I just wanted to mention I'm shooting for an extra Abel's Story update this week...which if any astute readers have clued into by now...is codeword for "Amber is trying to avoid multiple weeks of cliffhangery pages"  Take that as you will as a good sign or bad. :B

Which means they're going to spend a few updates yelling at eachother Dragonball Z style...

Amber Williams

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on August 11, 2007, 08:27:48 PM
Which means they're going to spend a few updates yelling at eachother Dragonball Z style...

.................must you tempt me? D:

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Xeksue on August 11, 2007, 08:12:43 PM
Uber moves eh? Quick Hennya! Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start!! If that doesn't work try using a gameshark!  xD
Win :)

Naldru

Amber actually responded to me.  I shall cherish the moment along with my memories of words from Jim Henson and James Doohan.  All hail to the great and powerful Amber, the constant source of surprise and wonder.

Edit:

I was looking at this response from Amber again.  We now have a definitive primary source of information that we can pick apart syllable by syllable for hidden meanings and premonitions of future events.  (Not that I would actually do such a thing and risk the wrath of the great and powerful Amber.)

However, Amber does seem to be responding comparatively frequently in the past few days, perhaps in an attempt to make sure that our brains are properly scrambled.  Don't worry, Amber.  With regard to this forum, sanity left the building a long time ago.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Zedd

Quote from: Amber Williams on August 11, 2007, 08:49:24 PM

.................must you tempt me? D:
If we must...It doesnt make a bit of diffrence guys...The (dragon) balls are Inert!

King Of Hearts

Manawolf

Note: when enemy has left two people bleeding profusely and spouting dickish babble, it's time for the kid gloves to come off.

kaskar

8) What odds are the bookies giving on the result of this fight ? Anyone betting ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Turnsky

\But since it hasnt, I just wanted to mention I'm shooting for an extra Abel's Story update this week...which if any astute readers have clued into by now...is codeword for "Amber is trying to avoid multiple weeks of cliffhangery pages"  Take that as you will as a good sign or bad. :B

you forgot spending half those panels grunting as if they're in dire need of a laxative

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

kaskar

:mowmeep
Quote from: Turnsky on August 12, 2007, 12:18:41 AM

you forgot spending half those panels grunting as if they're in dire need of a laxative

8) So are we going to be forced into playing the game, " How long can Amber string a story line on for ...  "

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 11, 2007, 05:26:06 AMIt shouldn't have been difficult for him to have simply impaled her with his wing-tentacles.  An experienced 'cubi can cut through rocks with them.

We don't know if they can even break her skin.  There were a few ancient mythological creatures that had hides that were completely impenetrable.  It's not impossible that Amber has made a creature with a hide that's difficult even for creatures to break.

Who knows?  Maybe the tentacles were trying to impale her in the first place.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 11, 2007, 06:58:49 PMI think Hennya's goose is cooked. Anyone want to take me up on that? I'll put a fiver out.

I max out at a Coke, and the odds are so even in my mind that I'd only bet that Hennya will eat it--because I'd have a Coke for consolation that it didn't turn out the way I wanted.

Quote from: Turnsky on August 12, 2007, 12:18:41 AMyou forgot spending half those panels grunting as if they're in dire need of a laxative

Can we link to ``I hope my body can take it,'' or is that not acceptable for a PG board?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

RJ

Oh yeah, didn't Kria say that she'd drop by later to talk with Abel?

:eager

kaskar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 11, 2007, 06:58:49 PM
Take that as you will as a good sign or bad. :B

I think Hennya's goose is cooked. Anyone want to take me up on that? I'll put a fiver out.

? A fiver is the bet on Hennya going down permantly?  I may say that Hennya scrapes thru. Of course, bets are off if there is not a definite 'kill' , or a temporary retreat occurs. ( Blood, Blood, Blood ...... )

[ I now will take back the bet, since it was ( I presume ) five euro dollars, not American... Sorry about that, but I have better things to do with my money ... ] ~2*

Quote from: RJ on August 12, 2007, 12:52:59 AM
Oh yeah, didn't Kria say that she'd drop by later to talk with Abel?

:eager

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: kaskar on August 12, 2007, 01:04:18 AM
   [ I now will take back the bet, since it was now ( I presume ) five euro dollars, or whatever ... Sorry about that, but I have better things to do with my money ... ]

5 pounds, actually. $5 EUR is about $6.83 USD, whereas £5 is $10.09 USD. Rounding, of course, and numbers from www.xe.com and subject to change...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 12, 2007, 04:25:25 AM
Quote from: kaskar on August 12, 2007, 01:04:18 AM
   [ I now will take back the bet, since it was now ( I presume ) five euro dollars, or whatever ... Sorry about that, but I have better things to do with my money ... ]

5 pounds, actually. $5 EUR is about $6.83 USD, whereas £5 is $10.09 USD. Rounding, of course, and numbers from www.xe.com and subject to change...

I didn't know you were from England. When you said a fiver, I thought it was 5 dollars .  Sorry about that ...

superluser

In the interests of cultural exchange, I think that Kaskar should bet five of Llearch's currency, and Llearch should bet 5 of Kaskar's.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Turnsky

Quote from: kaskar on August 12, 2007, 12:37:11 AM
  8) So are we going to be forced into playing the game, " How long can Amber string a story line on for ...  "

offhand, for as long as she can plausibly. that's taking plot twists, and exposition into account.

or as long as her relative sanity holds out, that said it's not your straight out fight scene between two parties, there's plenty of variables, Hennya's one of them, Kria's another, and if Abel snaps out of it, he'd be another, yet easy to subdue, element to the mix.

Heck, if Fa'Lina or a Warp-Aci pops in, that's another two variables...  Regardless, it's the proverbial can of worms, that's why i love it so.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..