Got another webcomic I'm looking for

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, July 17, 2007, 12:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Ascendant

And I finally remembered where the quote from the previous one is from.

The quote "I saw a star fall. That star was me" is actually not from a webcomic like I thought originally, but a book I read in high school. Can't remember the name of the book, but it was set in the industrial era of America.

Anyways, on to the new one. It's actually a set of a few different ones. One's a sonic comic, and I remember several distinct episodes. There was one that sonic was trying to catch a pikachu while he was in space, but the pokeball didn't work. Then there was a christmas special where robotnic was santa. The beginning might have had jokes about sonic falling off a cliff. Though that might have been another webcomic entirely.

The other one I remember from the site was a mega-man x based comic. I don't remember much of the actual story, but there's a line that sticks out in my memory like a sore thumb. zero says "I thirst for the blood of the ancients".
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

superluser

Quote from: Kitsune Ascendant on July 17, 2007, 12:13:11 AMAnd I finally remembered where the quote from the previous one is from.

The quote "I saw a star fall. That star was me" is actually not from a webcomic like I thought originally, but a book I read in high school. Can't remember the name of the book, but it was set in the industrial era of America.

Was this from a book that you were assigned, or was this pleasure reading?  Also, it was set in the industrial age, but do you remember when it was written?  I have a feeling that I'm going to headwall after we figure out which one this is.

Can't help with the Sonic/Mega Man ones, sorry.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Kitsune Ascendant

After a bit of searching, I believe I came up with what the book's name is. Falling angels. I think it was actually set in Europe, based on the description in the old sylabus (so yeah, it was an assigned reading. A good one, though).

And I still have no clue where to find those webcomics I mentioned.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

superluser

Huh.  Never read it.  Here's the actual quote:

"I saw a star fall It was me"

Were the comics sprite-based?

R.A.M.

i got's Me a kabob?

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Brunhidden

Quote from: superluser on July 17, 2007, 02:51:37 AM
"I saw a star fall It was me"

i have a distinct feeling this was used before, in something not related to sprites, fey, or soft drinks at all. Its like if you saw megaman holding a blaster and saying "this is my boomstick", it certainty wasn't said there first.

QuoteIt has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you miss 100% of the shots you do not take.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

superluser

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on July 17, 2007, 12:29:16 PM
Quote from: superluser on July 17, 2007, 02:51:37 AM"I saw a star fall It was me"
i have a distinct feeling this was used before, in something not related to sprites, fey, or soft drinks at all.

So do I, but I can't find anything in either Google Books or Amazon full text search.  Not helping matters is the fact that ``I saw a star fall'' is from the King James (and also the Douay-Rheims) translation of Revelation 9:1.

The Epic of Gilgamesh has a bit where Gilgamesh sees a star fall, and that star is his equal (wife).

There appears to have been a Christmas Special of the TV show Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog where Robotnik was Santa, so there might be multiple webcomics referencing Robotnik Claus.

Quote from: Unmasking the Beast: The Second Reign of JFKI emphatically believe that the scriptures are indicating that JFK is the one who will return to rule the world in the last days...